Ishibashi <3 (56k, lots of photos)

• Thread starter Michael
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Here's some more photos and a video (which came out a bit dark. I'll probably re-record t) from today.

Gear-UV7BK7.jpg

Gear-UV7BK9.jpg

Gear-UV7BK8.jpg

Gear-UV7BK10.jpg

Gear-UV7BK23.jpg

Gear-UV7BK17.jpg

Splees

splees
Reaction score
That's a nice guitar you have there. I wish I could find one of those, even just for FIVE MINUTES.

Pirelli

Reaction score
Nice catch, I'm surprised someone didn't pick it up sooner.

$970 with the case is an insane price. My green dot was like $1020 shipped without a case (I bought a similar Ibanez case to yours here for like $125). We would have got them even cheaper if it wasn't for our currency taking a huge dive against the Yen recently.

It looks like it's in fantastic condition. Ishibashi does indeed rule. I have no hesitation recommending them to anyone.

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice catch, I'm surprised someone didn't pick it up sooner.

$970 with the case is an insane price. My green dot was like $1020 shipped without a case (I bought a similar Ibanez case to yours here for like $125). We would have got them even cheaper if it wasn't for our currency taking a huge dive against the Yen recently.

It looks like it's in fantastic condition. Ishibashi does indeed rule. I have no hesitation recommending them to anyone.

The body has quite a few chips on the back and lots of scratches that just don't show up in pictures. But I :wub: it. Ishibashi do rule though. :hbang:

We'll have to get together with our UV's sometime. :D

Pirelli

Reaction score
The body has quite a few chips on the back and lots of scratches that just don't show up in pictures. But I :wub: it. Ishibashi do rule though. :hbang:

We'll have to get together with our UV's sometime. :D

Yeah, mine has quite a few dints / chips / scratches on the body too, but the neck is like new, which is all that matters to me (apart from the sound) :flame:

A catchup would be cool once I have some spare time, work sucks :(

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm playing my 7620 for the first time since the UV came. I really want to sand the 7620's neck so it feels like the UV. :hbang: What would I need to do so? What grid sand paper, etc?

Ryan

Reaction score
Start with 0000 steel wool to take off that sticky glaze that builds up over the years. Play on it after thats satin again see where you want to go after that. ;D Always rub it with the grain of the wood, and lightly.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Yes, Ishibashi is the best. I got both of my Ibanezes from Ishibashi (the one in Ochanomizu and the one in Ikebukuro). Everyone I know agrees that Ishibashi completely destroys Ikebe. The service at Ikebe? The selection? Sucks. :noway: Ishibashi = good. Ikebe = bad.

(maybe a little of an overstatement, though)

Nice guitar. Black on black is an excellent combination.