Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

Hamas: 45 day ceasefire so we can safely return hostages and exchange prisoners and remains

Netanyahu: we'd rather bomb you to a "final victory"

Can't think of any other politicians with final solutions to ethnic groups

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
The Israeli military says a lot of things.

Like when they said the Hamas command centre was under that hospital they wanted to raid.

The quantum Hamas command centre: the IDF changes the location by raiding it

Never too early or late for virtue signaling when @StevenC is around.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score

I swear someone somewhere said there'd be trouble if Israel killed an American
American politicians trying to sort out if they killed the Palestinian half first or second This could take months or even years to determine before some very non-aggressive sanctions are considered.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
But like, for real.

Israel told everyone to leave Gaza City to Khan Younis so they could conduct military operations.

People in this thread called it ethnic cleansing.

Israel told everyone to leave Khan Younis and go to Rafah so they could conduct military operations.

Now Israel is saying everyone needs to leave Rafah and they have nowhere left to go.

soliloquy

Reaction score
But like, for real.

Israel told everyone to leave Gaza City to Khan Younis so they could conduct military operations.

Israel told everyone to leave Khan Younis and go to Rafah so they could conduct military operations.

Now Israel is saying everyone needs to leave Rafah and they have nowhere left to go.

Just to clarify: SOME/majority of the people in this thread called for Ethnic cleansing/genocide.
and then there were a handful of folks dismissing the idea, saying 'Israel is only defending itself. The global ideology of genocide/ethnic cleansing doesn't apply here'. But now that same crowd has been relatively quiet since ICJ gave Israel a one month ultimatum to stop or you will be classified under committing Genocide.

This is something I raised earlier in the thread, that seems more and more likely as this slaughter continues: in the event Egypt (or insert country here) takes in all the folks from Gaza just to rescue them, they will, inevitably, have a very small portion of Hamas fighters. Is Israel's plan to irradicate that said country because they have a handful of Hamas fighters? From the hypothetical, this is becoming more of a realistic possibility. Egypt is now threatening to pull out of the Camp David Accords.

soliloquy

Reaction score
I do wonder what is it that a majority of people in this thread see differently than the handful of people:

This isn't up for interpretation, or misinterpretation. This isn't mistranslated. I think, we all, on SS.org have a decent grasp of the English language. Last I checked, the word 'genocide' or 'unlawful' or anything associated to this is understood by all to mean the same thing. It isn't based on scenarios or variable circumstances

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Just to clarify: SOME/majority of the people in this thread called for Ethnic cleansing/genocide.
and then there were a handful of folks dismissing the idea, saying 'Israel is only defending itself. The global ideology of genocide/ethnic cleansing doesn't apply here'. But now that same crowd has been relatively quiet since ICJ gave Israel a one month ultimatum to stop or you will be classified under committing Genocide.

Pretty quiet because there's not much to discuss and discussion is not productive. But I will say that I'm bloody amazed how you manage to keep misinterpreting a simple ruling. There is no one month ultimatum or be classified as committing genocide. That ruling is part of a much larger assessment. I'm guessing you probably misread the part about submitting a report in one month.

soliloquy

Reaction score
/\ and so he returns to the thread.

"The International Court of Justice (ICJ) last month ordered Israel to take all measures within its power to prevent its troops from committing genocide against Palestinians in the besieged Gaza Strip in a case brought by South Africa.

Israel has denied all allegations of genocide in connection with its assault on Gaza and asked the court to reject the case outright, saying it respects international law and has a right to defend itself against Hamas, the group that governs Gaza.

Israel has denied all allegations of genocide in connection with its assault on Gaza and asked the court to reject the case outright, saying it respects international law and has a right to defend itself against Hamas, the group that governs Gaza.

Israel said it is planning to expand its ground assault into Rafah, where more than 1 million Palestinians have sought refuge from the offensive that has laid waste to much of the enclave since Hamas fighters attacked Israel on October 7.

“In a request submitted to the court yesterday [Monday], the South African government said it was gravely concerned that the unprecedented military offensive against Rafah, as announced by the State of Israel, has already led to and will result in further large-scale killing, harm and destruction,” a statement issued by South Africa’s presidency said.

“This would be in serious and irreparable breach both of the Genocide Convention and of the Court’s Order of January 26.”

additionally:

as of Feb 3rd, 2024:
35,096 killed (13,642 children and 7,656 women. 30,571 civilians)
121 journalists killed
2,000,000 displaced
170 press HQ destroyed/damaged
334 schools damaged
1,720 industrial facilities destroyed
478 mosques destroyed/damaged (3 churches destroyed/damaged)
2,790 detainees forcibly disappeared

as per Euro-Med Human Rights monitor. The attack in Rafah will add an additional 2ish million casualties, if it does go as per Israel's plan of 'total victory'

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Never too early or late for virtue signaling when @StevenC is around.

The definition is quite clear.
The thing I don't understand is, why does the "anti-woke" crowd all think this is the ace in the hole that they seem to think it is?

Virtue signaling? aka taking a public position you don't really believe in because it looks good? Aka "I'm only calling out the IDF on their bullshit because I think that will make me look like a good person"?

Like, say that's true. Say StevenC really thinks Israel is doing just fine, but thinks he can look virtuous by suggesting they're just looking for excuses to blow up Palestinian hospitals.

If all that is true, calling him out on "virtue signaling" is supposed to make you look like the good guy HOW, then? Like, what the fuck is this, "vice signaling"? "I'm going to say some really edgy and offensive and clearly morally fucked shit, because I want everyone to read it and think I'm a real badass"?

I mean, you do you, buddy, but I can't say how calling someone out on saying something just to look like a good person somehow makes YOU the good guy, unless you actually agree with them, but merely question their sincerity. :lol:

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
The thing I don't understand is, why does the "anti-woke" crowd all think this is the ace in the hole that they seem to think it is?

Virtue signaling? aka taking a public position you don't really believe in because it looks good? Aka "I'm only calling out the IDF on their bullshit because I think that will make me look like a good person"?

Like, say that's true. Say StevenC really thinks Israel is doing just fine, but thinks he can look virtuous by suggesting they're just looking for excuses to blow up Palestinian hospitals.

If all that is true, calling him out on "virtue signaling" is supposed to make you look like the good guy HOW, then? Like, what the fuck is this, "vice signaling"? "I'm going to say some really edgy and offensive and clearly morally fucked shit, because I want everyone to read it and think I'm a real badass"?

I mean, you do you, buddy, but I can't say how calling someone out on saying something just to look like a good person somehow makes YOU the good guy, unless you actually agree with them, but merely question their sincerity. :lol:

Anything opposing Hamas (stevie c loves them) is incorrect/false/fake.

He posts counter narrative to support his argument, and 9/10 it is virtue signaling.

You can piss and moan about the dead on both sides, but always seem to forgot that Hamas re-initiated the shit a few months ago.

I'll play devils advocate all day, because I don't give a fuck about religion, especially because it is the root cause of the thousands of years old passing contest over "the holy land".

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Anything opposing Hamas (stevie c loves them) is incorrect/false/fake.

He posts counter narrative to support his argument, and 9/10 it is virtue signaling.

You can piss and moan about the dead on both sides, but always seem to forgot that Hamas re-initiated the shit a few months ago.

I'll play devils advocate all day, because I don't give a fuck about religion, especially because it is the root cause of the thousands of years old passing contest over "the holy land".
Yeah, it's 4 and a half months and you're not beating the reading comprehension charges. If you had that skill you'd clearly see me having to denounce terrorists a whole lot of times in this thread, because pro-Israel types don't understand nuance.

Also, totally wild for you to say you don't give a fuck about religion while consistently, over the course of years, spouting the agenda of christofascists. Literally in the other thread you're being a transphobe. Like, your posts are public. You know that right?

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, it's 4 and a half months and you're not beating the reading comprehension charges. If you had that skill you'd clearly see me having to denounce terrorists a whole lot of times in this thread, because pro-Israel types don't understand nuance.

Also, totally wild for you to say you don't give a fuck about religion while consistently, over the course of years, spouting the agenda of christofascists. Literally in the other thread you're being a transphobe. Like, your posts are public. You know that right?

And round and round we go 🙄

I don't spout agendas, just call out the bullshit from people that hide in their moms basement.

Transphobe?? I've seen and worked with dudes all my life, what is there to be scared of again?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
"The International Court of Justice (ICJ) last month ordered Israel to take all measures within its power to prevent its troops from committing genocide against Palestinians in the besieged Gaza Strip in a case brought by South Africa.

Israel said it is planning to expand its ground assault into Rafah, where more than 1 million Palestinians have sought refuge from the offensive that has laid waste to much of the enclave since Hamas fighters attacked Israel on October 7.

“In a request submitted to the court yesterday [Monday], the South African government said it was gravely concerned that the unprecedented military offensive against Rafah, as announced by the State of Israel, has already led to and will result in further large-scale killing, harm and destruction,” a statement issued by South Africa’s presidency said.

“This would be in serious and irreparable breach both of the Genocide Convention and of the Court’s Order of January 26.”

Yes, and none of this is "ICJ gave Israel a one month ultimatum to stop or you will be classified under committing Genocide." Whenever you deviate from literally what an article says, you always get it egregiously wrong.

/\ and so he returns to the thread.
I read the thread. Whenever I stop posting, why do you always post, "where are they?"