Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
The real question is what rockets we need to take out Norway. Black Metal is a real and present danger.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
tumblr_o0vkygxzo31v1zngbo1_500.gif

soliloquy

Reaction score
I'm just keeping up with the protests happening across various different universities across North America.
Kind of surprised my university wasn't mentioned. While attending, back in 2008 or so, they had protests pretty much every week in support of Gaza.

sleewell

Reaction score
"there are tunnels in gaza so we have to kill and torture everyone"

"there is antifa in the protests so we have to send the cops in and crack some skulls"

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Surprised this thread is so quiet lately.

The disproportionate response to the groups protesting is striking.
Sorta pales compared to the disproportionate response to the murder of 700 or so Israelis and kidnapping of maybe 130 or so more, no?

Just haven't felt like I have much else to add lately.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Surprised this thread is so quiet lately.

The disproportionate response to the groups protesting is striking.
Israel has made all this horror so normal.

Biden reclassifying cannabis isn't going to save him from this. Young people just aren't going to vote for him.

soliloquy

Reaction score
/\ I was debating on what emoticon to use for that. Sad that young people wont vote for him? Or sad that cannabis wont be legalized across the States? or how desensitized we are to this now? Mad? happy?

confused :-/

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't even know if I can vote for Biden at this point. He shows no sign of changing course on this.

zappatton2

Reaction score
So... let the country go to an aspiring autocrat with fascist leanings to spite a president for his one-sidedness on a non-domestic issue?

Not saying it's not an important issue, it certainly is, but it isn't the only issue, and were I American, I'd be a lot more concern with what Trump could unleash in my own backyard should I not vote and hand him the reins.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So... let the country go to an aspiring autocrat with fascist leanings to spite a president for his one-sidedness on a non-domestic issue?

Not saying it's not an important issue, it certainly is, but it isn't the only issue, and were I American, I'd be a lot more concern with what Trump could unleash in my own backyard should I not vote and hand him the reins.
It's a plenty domestic issue now with Biden lying about protestors to justify the fascist police response. Obviously Trump is worse in many ways, but "don't vote for the fascist" loses its valence a bit when Biden is explicitly supporting fascism at home and genocide abroad.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but there's a similar situation in the UK at the minute. The opposition leader isn't the Goldilocks 'just right' politician, so its making people question voting for that party. Also some of the less than progressive things he's said about trans people this week has made it hard for me to support him BUT its a case of voting for the party not the person I suppose.