Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
yeah only one is legit.
Why do you think this? The myth is that Jews are descendants of Judah, one of the 12 sons of Israel/Jacob. What happened to the other 11 tribes? What happened to the descendants of Abraham's 7 other sons, especially Ishmael?

(again, none of this is real, but at least know your myths if you're going to make a thing out of them)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Why do you think this? The myth is that Jews are descendants of Judah, one of the 12 sons of Israel/Jacob. What happened to the other 11 tribes? What happened to the descendants of Abraham's 7 other sons, especially Ishmael?

Some trouble with a whale IIRC

CannibalCricket

Scabs, locks, strings--picking things
Reaction score
I'll worry about my beliefs and you can go disect yours. I dnt have to explain myself. And yeah go team israel

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
You think we'll see peace? Really? Peace? Really? Peace? Really? Peace? Really?
Want in one hand and crap in the other, see which fills up faster. Id like to see peace. Fuck all this death. But before peace there will be more death.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
k. Unless you invented your own religion it's simply a matter of you not understanding your own beliefs though.
Your right, im too stupid to have beliefs much less have a handle on them. Thank you so much for setting me straight. Go team israel

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Want in one hand and crap in the other, see which fills up faster. Id like to see peace. Fuck all this death. But before peace there will be more death.
It's the fucking strangest thing: when you use violence, humans use violence back. And they don't forget. And they tell their kids. And the next generation uses violence.

But when you help people and give them what they need, even if they don't really deserve it, they stop using violence. When people are cared for they stop using violence.

Don't worry, I'm an insane person. Please, carry on.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
It's the fucking strangest thing: when you use violence, humans use violence back. And they don't forget. And they tell their kids. And the next generation uses violence.

But when you help people and give them what they need, even if they don't really deserve it, they stop using violence. When people are cared for they stop using violence.

Don't worry, I'm an insane person. Please, carry on.
Maybe that's why the jews are sending terrorists to their promised land... all the virgins they want

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
giphy.gif

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
So... let the country go to an aspiring autocrat with fascist leanings to spite a president for his one-sidedness on a non-domestic issue?

Not saying it's not an important issue, it certainly is, but it isn't the only issue, and were I American, I'd be a lot more concern with what Trump could unleash in my own backyard should I not vote and hand him the reins.
It's a domestic issue when 100 peacefully protesting students are arrested by militarised police and the president does nothing. I, generally speaking, don't engage with the "all politicians are the same" shtick, but in this case in Biden's America militarised police are violently cracking down on peaceful protesters because it's against the status quo. Voters should not have to vote for Biden to stop Trump, voters should want to vote for Biden because he is in some way appreciably better than Trump. Biden hasn't protected abortion, hasn't protected queer people, hasn't protected the First Amendment, and hasn't done any number of things that he's been asked to do as a "not Trump".

I don't want Trump to win, but it's harder and harder to tell anyone they should vote for Biden. People need to air these grievances now to spook the Democrats to actually have policies people agree with and want, or else they will not win.
Slightly off-topic, but there's a similar situation in the UK at the minute. The opposition leader isn't the Goldilocks 'just right' politician, so its making people question voting for that party. Also some of the less than progressive things he's said about trans people this week has made it hard for me to support him BUT its a case of voting for the party not the person I suppose.
Eh, it's a pretty different situation in the UK. Starmer is a piece of shit, but it's not like the Tories have any route to victory here. In a multiparty system there are options for voting against the Tories without voting for Labour, depending where you live. Labour are running ads with ex-Tory voters saying they'd never have voted for Labour before. Labour are courting the right wing vote, when they absolutely don't need it.

It's our duty to, yes get the Tories out, but also not give Starmer a mandate to be a Tory. A massive Labour majority will just affirm everything Starmer has said to this point. Again, Starmer needs to give us a reason to vote Labour, not just against the Tories.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
It's a domestic issue when 100 peacefully protesting students are arrested by militarised police and the president does nothing. I, generally speaking, don't engage with the "all politicians are the same" shtick, but in this case in Biden's America militarised police are violently cracking down on peaceful protesters because it's against the status quo. Voters should not have to vote for Biden to stop Trump, voters should want to vote for Biden because he is in some way appreciably better than Trump. Biden hasn't protected abortion, hasn't protected queer people, hasn't protected the First Amendment, and hasn't done any number of things that he's been asked to do as a "not Trump".

I don't want Trump to win, but it's harder and harder to tell anyone they should vote for Biden. People need to air these grievances now to spook the Democrats to actually have policies people agree with and want, or else they will not win.
Yep. I participated in occupy protests during Obama, it was the same neoliberal shit. A lot of us (I dare say most) had voted for him, too. I went from politically apathetic to engaged progressive to "let's burn a bank" in two presidential terms. I still voted for Biden and probably will again, but the vibe is "choose your enemy's fighter."

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I really don't like what I'm seeing with the student protests, like REALLY don't like it... but I'm also pretty dedicated to voting against Trump at this point. Biden should be pushing back against the cities and states doing this shit... but there's also only one candidate out there who's openly planning to suspend the constitution if he wins and is embracing being a "dictator for a day" I believe his phrase was. I'll hold my nose about quite a lot to keep someone with those views out of the White House.