Israel-Palestine escalation live: Gaza under bombardment after Hamas attack

• Thread starter crimson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CannibalCricket

Scabs, locks, strings--picking things
Reaction score
Somehow I don't recall seeing that in "your team"'s testaments, that when you feel you've been wronged you should turn to plastic explosives. Could have SWORN it was something about turning the other cheek...
I know its hard to develope a sense of humor. Goodluck with that

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
Don't think I'm the one who missed the joke, buddy. :lol:
Good one. Go team israel. since you must know how it works with all the turn the cheek stuff. Hope israel wins and there is peace. That's my point of view, i can tell you are interested. But what do you really care? Maybe set me straight on my beliefs? Just because i am on one side does not mean i am hard hearted and humorless. Who gives a fuck what i think man. Just me.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good one. Go team israel. since you must know how it works with all the turn the cheek stuff. Hope israel wins and there is peace. That's my point of view, i can tell you are interested. But what do you really care? Maybe set me straight on my beliefs? Just because i am on one side does not mean i am hard hearted and humorless. Who gives a fuck what i think man. Just me.
I just don't love watching someone flippantly cheer on a nation in the middle of a genocide, and then point to their religious beliefs as a basis for that cheering, while pretty clearly missing most of the teachings of the faith they claim to ascribe to.

There's even the insistence on seeing this as a "team sport," which is, when you get right down to it, kid of dehumanizing to the millions of people currently starving in Gaza right now, to say noting of the 40,000 or so who are already dead. Which, again, if you call yourself a Christian, it makes me really wonder how deeply your faith actually goes.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
I just don't love watching someone flippantly cheer on a nation in the middle of a genocide, and then point to their religious beliefs as a basis for that cheering, while pretty clearly missing most of the teachings of the faith they claim to ascribe to.

There's even the insistence on seeing this as a "team sport," which is, when you get right down to it, kid of dehumanizing to the millions of people currently starving in Gaza right now, to say noting of the 40,000 or so who are already dead. Which, again, if you call yourself a Christian, it makes me really wonder how deeply your faith actually goes.
Go team israel. And i dont say that flippantly. I hope that they succeed in every sense of the word. I hope that anyone wanting to kill jews just because they are jews is wiped from the face of the earth. That is where i stand. Call it what you want. I stand where i stand. Take it however you would like. If i were a christian then i would be christ like. How can anyone be like Him? Like you said i joked about death and war. When all there is in this life is death and pain I can only laugh at it all because this is what we do best. Why clutch pearls?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it "clutching pearls" to argue that we should be pushing for an end to a war that results in as few civilian deaths as possible, Israeli OR Palestinian. And the fact you seem dead-set on minimizing all views other than yours isn't a great sign here.

TimmyPage

Reaction score
Go team israel. And i dont say that flippantly. I hope that they succeed in every sense of the word. I hope that anyone wanting to kill jews just because they are jews is wiped from the face of the earth. That is where i stand. Call it what you want. I stand where i stand. Take it however you would like. If i were a christian then i would be christ like. How can anyone be like Him? Like you said i joked about death and war. When all there is in this life is death and pain I can only laugh at it all because this is what we do best. Why clutch pearls?

I hope that the state of Israel is dismantled and the land is given back to the Palestinians as it was meant to have been in 1948. I hope the government and Israel are hold accountable for their years of war crimes and crimes against humanity. That's the only way there will be long term peace in the region.

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it "clutching pearls" to argue that we should be pushing for an end to a war that results in as few civilian deaths as possible, Israeli OR Palestinian. And the fact you seem dead-set on minimizing all views other than yours isn't a great sign here.
Attack my points of view then say i am minimizing? Huh that sounds familiar. Good luck with your views bud. No one is trying to change you by having an opinion on the matter. Its okay you don't like what i have to say. I really don't mind. Take it as personal as you'd like or don't.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
President Joe Biden is facing more critical moments this week that will test his fraught relationship with his base over Israel’s war in Gaza and potentially widen the partisan split about the Jewish state that has been building for years.

Long before the current conflict, polls showed that sympathies among rank-and-file Democrats have been shifting from Israel toward the Palestinians over roughly the past two decades — a period that coincides with almost unbroken right-leaning governments in Israel, mostly led by current Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Simultaneously, support for Israel over that same long period has markedly increased among rank-and-file Republican voters.
That rising pressure could make Biden the last of his kind: Though the vast majority of Democratic office-holders show no penchant to fundamentally break with Israel, Biden could be the last Democratic president for the foreseeable future who aligns so unreservedly with the nation. He’s expected to make a speech on antisemitism on Tuesday at an event sponsored by the Holocaust Memorial Museum.

Last edited:

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, it's a pretty different situation in the UK. Starmer is a piece of shit, but it's not like the Tories have any route to victory here. In a multiparty system there are options for voting against the Tories without voting for Labour, depending where you live. Labour are running ads with ex-Tory voters saying they'd never have voted for Labour before. Labour are courting the right wing vote, when they absolutely don't need it.

It's our duty to, yes get the Tories out, but also not give Starmer a mandate to be a Tory. A massive Labour majority will just affirm everything Starmer has said to this point. Again, Starmer needs to give us a reason to vote Labour, not just against the Tories.

I don't disagree with anything you've said there. Whilst its technically a multiparty system, I don't see anyone but Labour or Conservative getting in No.10 as long as there's a hole in my arse. I couldn't forgive myself if by having my fantasy of the Green Party getting more seats, I ended up diluting the Labour vote and the Conservatives get another 4 years. I know with a certain generation of folk I work with/live near/am related to, the Tory vote is almost aspirational. It's as if voting for them makes you part of their club, rather than these people realising they're closer to being homeless than Tory peers.
In a time when we need compassion and a domestic focussed approach, more and more of the above people I know are stating how Starmer isn't a strong leader, and how they can't imagine him standing up to Putin, as if 1) Sunak would be any better, and 2) its some sort of schoolyard squareup.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tories remain in power, and that upsets me immensely.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you've said there. Whilst its technically a multiparty system, I don't see anyone but Labour or Conservative getting in No.10 as long as there's a hole in my arse. I couldn't forgive myself if by having my fantasy of the Green Party getting more seats, I ended up diluting the Labour vote and the Conservatives get another 4 years. I know with a certain generation of folk I work with/live near/am related to, the Tory vote is almost aspirational. It's as if voting for them makes you part of their club, rather than these people realising they're closer to being homeless than Tory peers.
In a time when we need compassion and a domestic focussed approach, more and more of the above people I know are stating how Starmer isn't a strong leader, and how they can't imagine him standing up to Putin, as if 1) Sunak would be any better, and 2) its some sort of schoolyard squareup.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tories remain in power, and that upsets me immensely.
Tories have no road to power at this point. Again, don't know your constituency, but definitely worth checking if you should vote tactically:

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Fantastic link - thank you!

It suggested to vote Labour. Backs up what I suspected, but good to know its not just my aimless guessing!

1715085137572.png

soliloquy

Reaction score
slightly off topic, but given how low the voting turnout is in Canada (where parties are winning with about 30% turn out), I think Australia has the right idea here: Mandatory voting for its citizens.

Voting was a right until morons believe they have no choice and thus not vote. You not voting certainly guarantees the parties you DONT want in power to run supreme. do your due-diligence and your homework and vote accordingly.

It seems regardless of jurisdiction, the conservative parties are winning or gaining popularity. World over conservatives are coming in power.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Attack my points of view then say i am minimizing? Huh that sounds familiar. Good luck with your views bud. No one is trying to change you by having an opinion on the matter. Its okay you don't like what i have to say. I really don't mind. Take it as personal as you'd like or don't.
What are you going on about? I literally argued we should be pushing for a solution that results in as few dead civilians, Israeli or Palestinian, as possible, and is that attacking your point of view? Or was it attacking you to point out that killing as few civilians as possible is a pretty reasonable thing to want, and not "pearl-clutching" as you allege?

CannibalCricket

Reaction score
What are you going on about? I literally argued we should be pushing for a solution that results in as few dead civilians, Israeli or Palestinian, as possible, and is that attacking your point of view? Or was it attacking you to point out that killing as few civilians as possible is a pretty reasonable thing to want, and not "pearl-clutching" as you allege?
It's okay pearl clutcher. The first thing you said to me about an Emiril Lagasee joke was to get all panty twisted about my beliefs or lack there of. That cheek turning is the proper and appropriate response. That's fine if that's what you are into. See the jews went through the holocaust and it was pretty terrible. There was a lot of cheek turning. I don't believe anyone should die because of race or creed or religion. The world doesnt give two shits or a fuck what I believe. If one group of people is only interested in the conversion or killing of any opposing ideas or beliefs and the other group just wants to go to temple and eat kosher and not work on saturdays. It is a clean cut and clear choice. Now you know just where I stand. My beliefs or the lack there of is a conversation to be had not an assumption to rub my nose in

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's okay pearl clutcher. The first thing you said to me about an Emiril Lagasee joke was to get all panty twisted about my beliefs or lack there of. That cheek turning is the proper and appropriate response. That's fine if that's what you are into. See the jews went through the holocaust and it was pretty terrible. There was a lot of cheek turning. I don't believe anyone should die because of race or creed or religion. The world doesnt give two shits or a fuck what I believe. If one group of people is only interested in the conversion or killing of any opposing ideas or beliefs and the other group just wants to go to temple and eat kosher and not work on saturdays. It is a clean cut and clear choice. Now you know just where I stand. My beliefs or the lack there of is a conversation to be had not an assumption to rub my nose in
Wait, I'm "attacking your point of view" by saying it isn't especially Judeo-Christian to advocate blowing up Gaza with plastic explosives?

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
The world doesnt give two shits or a fuck what I believe.

giphy.gif