Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

jem7vwh

Reaction score
Here's my Pro Series SL2Q MAH. I've been an Ibanez loyalist since 1989; but this year, I picked up the first Jackson I didn't hate. No sharktooth inlays, no painted neck, no skulls, flames, or other metal bro cringey looks. And weirdly enough, it looks like a sister to my favorite RG. I wasn't expecting great things from a sub-$1000 Indonesian guitar, but it's pretty good. Yes, there's stain bleed through where the neck binding meets the body; yes, the truss-rod opening looks awful beneath the truss rod cover, and yes the stock Duncans Distortions were godawful scooped garbage--but for the money, it's pretty great! I was worried about the neck profile since it looked pretty thick on paper--but what showed up to my house is right up there with a Super Wizard neck for thinness. Maybe I got an outlier. I dropped better pickups in (Air Norton and Utopia) and that made a huge difference. After a plek job, it'll be pretty close to perfect.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 05 2023, 1 41 00 PM copy.jpg
    Photo Dec 05 2023, 1 41 00 PM copy.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 66

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Hey guys, just figured I'd post this here since I think one of you will appreciate this. This is the same RR24 FR H that a handful of us Alexi fans have been circle jerking the last few months. This one though the dude replaced the bridge with an OFR, and included the J50BC pickup and JE-1000. It's also about 250 cheaper than what these go for new.

Just throwing it out there because I already own one and I need to stop being tempted to buy a second one lol.

https://reverb.com/item/81766397-ja...lack-with-white-pinstripes-modded-please-read

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Hey guys, just figured I'd post this here since I think one of you will appreciate this. This is the same RR24 FR H that a handful of us Alexi fans have been circle jerking the last few months. This one though the dude replaced the bridge with an OFR, and included the J50BC pickup and JE-1000. It's also about 250 cheaper than what these go for new.

Just throwing it out there because I already own one and I need to stop being tempted to buy a second one lol.

https://reverb.com/item/81766397-ja...lack-with-white-pinstripes-modded-please-read
I saw this the other day. I'd be all over it if I could justify another 6 string. :yum:
Such a killer setup.

Celtic Frosted Flakes

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity: How many Jackson Soloists did Jeff Hanneman own/play? Was it just that one stickered SL2H?
He had at least two. The one with the punk stickers and the Raiders logo, but also this one (the one to the right is a Jackson) :

FB_IMG_1715918881047.jpg

Not sure I've ever seen a picture of him playing it, so maybe it was just a backup in his live rig.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
He had at least two. The one with the punk stickers and the Raiders logo, but also this one (the one to the right is a Jackson) :

View attachment 143633

Not sure I've ever seen a picture of him playing it, so maybe it was just a backup in his live rig.
I knew I wasnt imagining things! Thought I saw this same guitar somewhere, I just wasnt so sure. Thanks!

grimmchaos

I like beer
Reaction score
This showed up Friday - NGD for me. They did a fantastic job on this build.

IMG-5400.jpg

IMG-5397.jpg

IMG-5398.jpg

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
We were at the studio this weekend and fell instantly in love with this thing as soon as we laid our hands on it:

cropped-pro-mod-dk24-hss-2pt-cm-trem-mn-148526.webp

I had never played one of these before, and everthing about it was just excelent. The playability was top notch, it was super smooth both body and neck and it sounded fantastic. Very lightweight, too. And the bolt-on joint is probably the best I've tried. My bandmate didn't touch his Telecaster for the rest of the day once he played it. Killer guitar for the price that I'd recommend to anyone!

My GAS for the Angel Vivaldi sig has severely re-ignited. Have any of you guys compared them somewhat? I noticed the Vivaldi sig is made in Korea, so I don't know if I'd get the same feeling being two different factories.

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
We were at the studio this weekend and fell instantly in love with this thing as soon as we laid our hands on it:

cropped-pro-mod-dk24-hss-2pt-cm-trem-mn-148526.webp

I had never played one of these before, and everthing about it was just excelent. The playability was top notch, it was super smooth both body and neck and it sounded fantastic. Very lightweight, too. And the bolt-on joint is probably the best I've tried. My bandmate didn't touch his Telecaster for the rest of the day once he played it. Killer guitar for the price that I'd recommend to anyone!

My GAS for the Angel Vivaldi sig has severely re-ignited. Have any of you guys compared them somewhat? I noticed the Vivaldi sig is made in Korea, so I don't know if I'd get the same feeling being two different factories.

I don't have that exact Charvel but I have the two humbucker model, plus I have the 6-string and the 7-string Angel models. All are great guitars. Neck joint is different between the regular Charvel and the Angel, but I don't know if I would say one is better than the other. I will say (my opinion, of course) - if you like the Ibanez AANJ, the Angel version is a step better than the AANJ.

Necks on all of them are great - love the rolled fretboard edges. Neck feel is great.

Again, just my opinion, but if I were buying and the price wasn't that much different between them, I would go with the Angel model. From what I remember, the lower horn cutaway is "more", giving more room to move your hand around without possibly having the back of your hand bump into the horn. At home, I will use the Angel model more than the Charvel DK because it's just built better for how I play/how I sit/how I hold the guitar.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that exact Charvel but I have the two humbucker model, plus I have the 6-string and the 7-string Angel models. All are great guitars. Neck joint is different between the regular Charvel and the Angel, but I don't know if I would say one is better than the other. I will say (my opinion, of course) - if you like the Ibanez AANJ, the Angel version is a step better than the AANJ.

Necks on all of them are great - love the rolled fretboard edges. Neck feel is great.

Again, just my opinion, but if I were buying and the price wasn't that much different between them, I would go with the Angel model. From what I remember, the lower horn cutaway is "more", giving more room to move your hand around without possibly having the back of your hand bump into the horn. At home, I will use the Angel model more than the Charvel DK because it's just built better for how I play/how I sit/how I hold the guitar.
Thanks for the info. I only play 7s, so yeah the Vivaldi would be my choice. I found the neck joint on the 6 to be better than a AANJ already, so the Vivaldi must be fantastic then.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I picked up a USA Jackson after not having one for far too long (had a custom shop Rhoads). I always wanted a dinky but with the front scoop on the lower horn. Here it is in all its tacky glory. A refinish is more than likely in the works for it, though I know the paint job is not a common one.
86633F9B-DBA7-4FF3-B8FC-C9153FCD476E.jpeg
The finish differs from the other production ones I’ve seen, the red in the flames is metallic red. But yeah, unless I something convinces me otherwise it’s getting a different look.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
From where? I got it from Shimokura in Ochanomizu last week. It is player's grade with a lot of dings and pitted hardware so it was relatively cheap. Still a solid player.

I think it was listed by a proxy seller on eBay, possibly Reverb. It disappeared a few weeks ago so I moved on lol. Does it play as good as it looks? The thickness of the maple cap is insane.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
I think it was listed by a proxy seller on eBay, possibly Reverb. It disappeared a few weeks ago so I moved on lol. Does it play as good as it looks? The thickness of the maple cap is insane.

It definitely is one of the most resonant Dinkys I played. The duncan custom pairs well depite me assuming it would be too bright considering it is a maple and ash body. Ive seen better looking and thicker maple tops from ESP bolt-ons, but this is cool, too.

I'm not too fond with those Ebay proxy sellers. They can charge too much. Just so happened, I had family going there and I just had to have them check out the stores. :agreed:

Moongrum

Reaction score
I picked up a USA Jackson after not having one for far too long (had a custom shop Rhoads). I always wanted a dinky but with the front scoop on the lower horn. Here it is in all its tacky glory. A refinish is more than likely in the works for it, though I know the paint job is not a common one.
View attachment 144525
The finish differs from the other production ones I’ve seen, the red in the flames is metallic red. But yeah, unless I something convinces me otherwise it’s getting a different look.
Was this a production model? I swear I remember seeing this finish/guitar in Musician's Friend catalogs for a while. The finish is pretty awful, like Guy Fieri vibes, but that's kind of charming in itself 😅