Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

soliloquy

Reaction score
really surprised that this EVH isn't as popular as i would have expected. I hardly see this guitar around, and when i saw it at the store, i had to double take. The color, the body contour, the weight, the feel, etc were all impeccable and beautiful! decent price too.

i just dont like floyds, and dont need another guitar, but i did seriously contemplate on it. Its a 'subtle' metal guitar that isn't pointy and crazy looking

1705418687701.jpeg

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this on Reverb on Monday night , guy was local to me so we did a local "deal", it's mint , he actually took quite a loss on it , came new from Sweet water , Plek'd he just couldn't bond with it. I had one of these a while back and kind of missed having it around. I hate the stock pick ups so I have a Duncan Custom 5/Liquifire combo (Zebras) going in next week. Great necks on these I forgot how "shreddable " these are. I've got too many H/S/S guitars laying around, was jonesing for a 2 hum, and couldn't pass on the deal ( with brand new charvel case to boot)
IMG_5069.jpg

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a 7 string GOC with Fishmans and I was offered a DK24 in Burgundy Mist as a trade. I see the Charvel cost a few hundred dollars more. Is this a good trade? I do prefer classic 6 strings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jahosy

Reaction score
Abit of TLC and restained / sanded the body in 'aged' mahogany finish. Looks much better now IMHO.
View attachment 119411
View attachment 119412
View attachment 119413
So, finally had the time to re-finish this little workhorse.

Now loaded with BKP warpig set; LED ironage killswitch (floyd cavity as battery compartment lol) and replaced the OFR with a Kahler Hybrid Pro (closer string spacing) that solves the 'narrow' fretboard issue that came with the guitar. Action on the kahler still need to be lowered.

Also loved those Caparison sponge finishes, so thought I'll give it a go, and tbh it turned out pretty good.

JCS SLAT7 01.jpg
JCS SLAT7 02.jpg
JCS SLAT7 03.jpg

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

Now loaded with BKP warpig set; LED ironage killswitch (floyd cavity as battery compartment lol) and replaced the OFR with a Kahler Hybrid Pro (closer string spacing) that solves the 'narrow' fretboard issue that came with the guitar. Action on the kahler still need to be lowered.

Also loved those Caparison sponge finishes, so thought I'll give it a go, and tbh it turned out pretty good.

View attachment 136889
View attachment 136890
View attachment 136891

Man you've got some square-shaped balls right there. I'd be terrified about doing something similar to her twin myself, but damn it looks awesome.

I *might* steal the idea of the battleworn covers, though. I was thinking regular black covers for mine but the battleworn might look great on natural. Good to see you also got rid of the pickup rings :yesway:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score

View attachment 136889
View attachment 136890
View attachment 136891
Looks great! Good idea on using a Kahler to narrow the string spread.

jahosy

Reaction score
Putting a Floyd Rose Pro would have also been an option. Problem is you have to butcher an USA Broderick for it :lol:
Did consider replacing the OFR with a PRO; but read lots of reviews about it's poor quality. And Kahlers have the narrowest spacing.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Did consider replacing the OFR with a PRO; but read lots of reviews about it's poor quality. And Kahlers have the narrowest spacing.

The Pro OFR on the USA Brodericks is german made. Same quality as the original, but narrower spacing. Huge shame you can't just buy it retail, though.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
swapped out the stock pikcups for a Duncan Custom 5 / Liquifire combo. Sounds much better to my ears. I find the full shred to be all treble.
the stock neck pickup these come with actually isn't terrible , if it was hotter I'd actually like it.
As much fun as I've been having with this Mark IV , today the Splawn is roaring. Got some gigs coming up , going to have to get this one into the rotation.
IMG_5124.jpg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
I have a 7 string GOC with Fishmans and I was offered a DK24 in Burgundy Mist as a trade. I see the Charvel cost a few hundred dollars more. Is this a good trade? I do prefer classic 6 strings.

If you’re looking for something like the Charvel then it’s a good trade.

Both guitars are both well made generally speaking, although I’d say the GOC (if it’s made in the last few years) may have higher build quality and feels a bit more “premium/expensive”.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw this on Reverb on Monday night , guy was local to me so we did a local "deal", it's mint , he actually took quite a loss on it , came new from Sweet water , Plek'd he just couldn't bond with it. I had one of these a while back and kind of missed having it around. I hate the stock pick ups so I have a Duncan Custom 5/Liquifire combo (Zebras) going in next week. Great necks on these I forgot how "shreddable " these are. I've got too many H/S/S guitars laying around, was jonesing for a 2 hum, and couldn't pass on the deal ( with brand new charvel case to boot)
View attachment 136676
That is seriously great color combo - the best looking of the DK24s, IMO. It'll look great with zebras.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
For those Jackson know-hows out there, what models of Jackson Rhoads were neck-thru with rosewood board, Floyd, and Duncans? On first look, I thought it was just a RR3 but they typically come with silver hardware, so at minimum, maybe a swap; but then when I looked at the rear, I saw the neck-thru and was at a loss.

ScatteredDimension

Sixstring Regular
Reaction score
For those Jackson know-hows out there, what models of Jackson Rhoads were neck-thru with rosewood board, Floyd, and Duncans? On first look, I thought it was just a RR3 but they typically come with silver hardware, so at minimum, maybe a swap; but then when I looked at the rear, I saw the neck-thru and was at a loss.
Found this.

This is the best site to look for Jackson/Charvel models and if your'e unsure of a model, it's listed here :):yesway: If i remember correctly I saw a guy post it ar the JCFonline forum as he was keeping this awesome database (there's some mario stuff too)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure off the top of my head, but this may help. @MFB

Ah, so that's where the Wikia equivelant for Jacksons is!

This is the best site to look for Jackson models and if your'e unsure of a model, it's listed here :):yesway:

There it is, I kept finding a Jackson RR Pro but it was always in white, probably because it's the current version, but the black pops up on Google when looking for "RR5FR" - I also wasnt sure if Jackson had a designator for the same model with hard tail vs. Floyd, especially one I've only ever known AS a hard tail.

Gren

Reaction score
So I got this Rhoads but I'm having trouble working out the exact model. I've looked through the database and catalogs posted above without much luck.

On the surface it's an RR3 or similar, however it came with Jackson branded pickups (stock as far as I could tell - have since put Dimarzios in) and I haven't seen these before on a non-Performer/Professional etc. I haven't been able to identify a model with this deep metallic red finish and hardware combo. Serial is 7 digits starting with 96, and it definitely feels like a mid 2000s MIJ. Any ideas?IMG_20240215_175800430.jpg

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
RX-10? I mean, it could be an RR3, it could be some kind of Musician's Friend special...

The easy way to tell is to pop the neck, it'll be stamped in the pocket.