Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cooler

(We're playing telephone and I fucked it up on purpose to make the game stupid.)

mastapimp

Reaction score
They did a version with a Floyd. Might have been a Guitar Center run or something. Those might have all been opaque black though.
Yeah it's like a KE1F something. They also have a string thru body KE1T.

manu80

Reaction score
Had one. didn't feel confortable with the kahler.Sold it. Regret it in a way but that woud have been just for collection and inheritance for the kid :)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
The downside of the Kahler is that it's not in my proficiencies to set it up properly. It arrived with action higher than Marty's boot soles.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The downside of the Kahler is that it's not in my proficiencies to set it up properly. It arrived with action higher than Marty's boot soles.

It's basically a regular fixed bridge for the most part, nothing too complicated to figure out.

Grub closest to the roller is action, screw past that is intonation, and last grub is string spacing. Loosen to adjust the latter two, lock in place when set.

Kahlers are overly complicated, can be made shoddy, and need a bunch of regular maintenance to keep humming along, but the trade off is they're quite adjustable and pretty forgiving if you're not sure what to do.

They had the right idea, separating the action and intonation from the business end, as far as trems go, it's just a shame they sort of just stopped refining the design like 35 years ago.