Jackson DK-7 COW Model

• Thread starter zimbloth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
The camo looks even better in person. For some reasons the colors look all washed out in any photo I have ever seen.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cow 7 sig

AU director / RHLC ©
Reaction score
i love my cow7.i have said before.this guitar feels like butter and plays very well.its everything I want in a guitar and blows my customs away.have a cow camo7 coming and waiting on word [here in aust] if i can get one in silver/mako.
excellent review btw.nothing i could add to it as you did a good job covering it.:hbang:

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I used to used 10-52+66 tuned to drop A.
I wouldn't use light strings on it at all..it just doesn't feel right to me.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
10-46+58 is what this guitar has been using since purchased. Plays flawless to us (I sold it to my bandmate).

JayinDallas

Reaction score
yeah i ended up throwing some 11-48+58. They feel great. I totally love this guitar, it's really light which is a huge plus. The neck is just perfect for also. Funny thing is like the past few months my friend was always telling me to get a jackson but for a bit there i was gonna end up getting an ESP. Now i don't think i'll ever get an esp, i really like these jackson guitars.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Just to show how crap guitar prices are here in Oz, to get a new COW (the Japanese one) without a case, approx $1500 US :nuts:

Xykhron

Reaction score
I use 0.13-0.56+0.64 to tune in G# (not dropped). This guitar is damn cool for this price, and sounds great with 707. I'd like to try 81/7 on this model, and also customize it painting like an ESP custom:

camo-horizon.jpg

damn the poll values went wrong and don't know how to change them, sorry :nono:

theBeastmaster

the FNG
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of good things about this guitar now. I know Jackson plays very well in general. I'm just not a fan of the lack of flexibility in a single pickup, and all these 7 strings are coming in mahogany which is nice, but its such a dense wood to use in low tunings.

cronux

Reaction score
just bought my COW 7 off a friend and I AM blown away...an awesome guitar :hbang: