Jason Becker condition is gettin worse

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cip 123

Reaction score
Forever frustrated his Ibanez Proto never made it past that, especially since it almost an AZ shape

15c1f04ccbe0345bfe805566765249cd.jpg

Gnarcade

Reaction score
Forever frustrated his Ibanez Proto never made it past that, especially since it almost an AZ shape

God damn is that cool!!! I can't believe I had never seen that before. I love how almost every single guitar of his looks like it had been attacked by him.

Musiscience

Reaction score

First time seeing that too, and it's glorious! These inlays/rainbow logo are really doing it for me. Much more than the Carvin ones. Ibanez should make a run of these and give part of the profits to help with his medical bills. I'm sure they'd sell in hours.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
He was given a year, as I recall. I have an uncle who was diagnosed a while back, given two years tops. That was maybe seven years ago, but it's starting to catch up with him. :( We're just grateful for the time we have that we had no right to expect.
By the way, since this thread has gotten some attention in recent days with the recent degradation in Jason's condition... My uncle died early last week. He promised my grandmother she wouldn't have to bury one of her children when he was first diagnosed, and she passed away (old age, thankfully not covid) in January. He was by then trying to get a web site built for, and provide some ongoing structure for, an ALS patient/family member support group he'd co-founded in Berkshire County, but once that was done, well... I guess after 8 years of fighting, he decided he'd done what he set out to do, and stopped treatment (and soon after stopped eating) about a month before his body finally gave up. One of the quietly toughest guys I've ever met, and I'm proud to be his nephew. I'm glad he was able to end it on his own terms and that ALS itself never fully won.

Avedas

Reaction score

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Man I forgot how completely nuts Serrana is. I tried playing it again for the first time in like 10 years but that shit is straight up impossible when it gets into the diminished section. JB is a true legend.

I used to think I was close... and then I'd rewatch and remember they were clean at this speed lol.

nightlight

Reaction score
That's very sad news. He's been fighting a long time, I wonder what it must be like to have been one of the best guitarists on the planet and then being unable to play anymore, or even move.

Talk about a hard life, he's been dealt some incredibly unfair cards.

I don't know, if I was in a condition like that, I'd have lost the will to live. More power to Becker, I hope he can pull through this. Lots of people rooting for him, got to be some powerful juju in the volume of well wishes.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Just Been Posted on FB:

TeamBecker

1 h ·
Hi Everyone! Here's an update on Jason from Amy (Jason's Sister-In-Law) and Pat (Jason's Mom).
We will provide updates as they become available.
Thank you for all the good mojo, love, and prayers.
Update!
I just spoke with Pat. She has spent the last 2 nights in the hospital with Jason. Serrana is with him now.
Jason is still in the hospital receiving iv fluids and antibiotics.
He really likes his doctor. The doctor is very optimistic that antibiotics will improve his bacterial infection.
Jason is hoping to come home in a day or two.
XoX
-Amy

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man, if ever there was anyone in the rock/metal industry who would have every right to think the world is shitty and unfair, it's Jason Becker, but this man has NEVER let ANYTHING get him down. It's like he's going on pure optimism and will and it's absolutely insane. I know many such as myself love to praise him for his guitar work, but this man's power in believing in himself speaks volumes as to the kind of person he is. I know that the bitter day will come, but it's quite clear this man just has no quit. It's spectacular. Obviously, any of of us would wish he never had to go through this, period, and that he could play the guitar the traditional way, but the fact that he's STILL writing, STILL composing, I mean are there any words in ANY language that can convey the sheer and utter badass this guy really is?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, if ever there was anyone in the rock/metal industry who would have every right to think the world is shitty and unfair, it's Jason Becker, but this man has NEVER let ANYTHING get him down. It's like he's going on pure optimism and will and it's absolutely insane. I know many such as myself love to praise him for his guitar work, but this man's power in believing in himself speaks volumes as to the kind of person he is. I know that the bitter day will come, but it's quite clear this man just has no quit. It's spectacular. Obviously, any of of us would wish he never had to go through this, period, and that he could play the guitar the traditional way, but the fact that he's STILL writing, STILL composing, I mean are there any words in ANY language that can convey the sheer and utter badass this guy really is?

Put the greatness of this in perspective - he wrote this using code derived from his eye muscle movements. I'll put that up with Beethoven any day.

Fun fact... My wife knows I want this played on a loop at my funeral.

beerandbeards

All things must pass
Reaction score
Just like the documentary: Not Dead Yet.

Jason is such an amazing soul. Even if you remove his amazing talent as a musician, he’s just an amazing human with such a great optimistic outlook.