Just Bought Guitar Pro 5 =)

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
and hmmm... I can't wait... I've been using GP since August, on the trial version. For some odd reason it doesn't stop me from opening it up in GP4. I'll put up a review here when I get it working and fool around with it for a while. I think a lot of you, need to stop being hard asses... and go try the GP5 interface. It's a bit easier than powertab, ultra-realistic tones, drums, synth, everything. The perfect program for writing music.=)

Versions GP4 and under had a shitty interface... and I know I'm going to get "you're fucking retarded, GP has the worst interface ever and I'll never use it again or even try GP5..." so for all of you who are, just please, don't post... you're the one missing out.:fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
The midi sounds suck ass on GP5. I'd rather use Powertab.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
damns you!:lol:

whenever I try and get it for free... I always get a virus and end up spending a few weeks getting my computer to work normally.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Should have used Demonoid. They check their torrents for viruses and ban users who upload virused torrents.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Or me. I mean, why would you BUY it? I could've hooked you up, too ;)

It is a good program, though. I used to be a Powertab elitist, but GP5 converted me.

Fantomas

blah
Reaction score
Great program, and it isn't a crime to actually pay for software once in a while.
I've been using it for so long I've been thinking about actually paying for it myself.

Too bad mysongbook is useless at the moment.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay for GP with mysongbook in the state that it's currently in. Even if you can download 50000 gp tabs off of a p2p program,, it still doesn't contain 'God Gave Rock 'N Roll' by Kiss :lol:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
there are a lot of programs I don't want to pay for, but when someone makes something that truely helps me out, I feel obligated to put the dues to the people who deserve it. Being a poor ass can either make you wanna steal constantly, or make you really modest... fortunately, I get the best of both worlds.:lol:

The "realistic" distortion and overdrive fuckin SUCK, so I always use the acoustic steel, it sounds fucking great.:yesway:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
The only programs I'd pay for are tool type programs. Like computer graphics programs.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
The only programs I'd pay for are tool type programs. Like computer graphics programs.

Um...GP isn't a 'tool type program'?

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
My only gripe about GP5 is, that it requires so much RAM, so when i use it it often drags the whole system down to slug-like speeds...

Latest posts