Karnivool Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter YYZ2112
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kastenfrog

Reaction score
they played a few other new songs over the last year (i think they've been posted a few pages back) and so far this is the only track with screaming. but i really like it. very unusual for karnivool but hey... what is usual for them? they always experiment with stuff and it suits the dark and heavy feeling of the song exelent.

bhakan

Reaction score
Teasing a new music video

Live video of what seems to be the song in the video. There are old videos of them playing it live under a different name. I'm pretty sure I posted it a page back and its a little better quality. I like it better than The Refusal from what I'm hearing.

Also, he says that the new album is coming out some time in July in the beginning.

Radau

Bongoloid
Reaction score
Not really feeling this one or The Refusal to be honest, that being said I'll probably still catch them when they play in Sydney

trianglebutt

trianglebutt
Reaction score
Upon finishing, I will say that it's a great song but like The Refusal I feel like it builds to nothing at certain points which is sort of frustrating. At a few parts I was like, oh shit, here it comes and then nothing happened. :/

TasmanSam

Reaction score
So good :yesway: I thought the video was amazing as well, great vibe and really well done

zuzek

Reaction score
Oh dear. There are about 3 moments where "We Are" is about to burst into something meaningful, but it just.. doesn't. The song song is like a dog chasing it's own tail. Moving but not going anywhere. As a massive Vool fan, I'm starting to get worried about the upcoming record after Karnivool showcasing the awkwardly terrible The Refusal and this.

Coryd

Reaction score
Do they have US preorders yet? I'm about to just preorder it and have it shipped from AU

bhakan

Reaction score
I really like the new song. The Refusal was OK, but this definitely has me excited.

Also, DAMN YOU UK! You get Karnivool AND Tesseract in one tour! That's like a dream for me!

OzoneJunkie

Reaction score
Looks like, based on the tour schedule, won't be til end of 2013 or 2014 for US. Mind you that's just speculation - no mention of any US tour yet...

Saw a couple shows for the last album - they kill it live.