Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

lewis

Reaction score
@lewis have you considered just selling the HD pro and floor board and grabbing a simple midi floor board like the FCB1010? I can’t remember any Pod HD effect I thought was better than the Kemper effects.
pitch glide and things like Octo reverbs for me are better on the Pod imo.
Wah is probably better too but I havent tried that.

Im getting tired of flipping gear though. If I can just utilise what I own currently as I want, without the hassle of trying to sell it before buying something different yet again, then I would rather that personally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Anybody know is there is some sort of hidden "filter" or "synth" sound on the built-in ones from the kemper?
Trying to get that synth sound before I invest in a real pedal :v
I tried looking yesterday but had no luck

lewis

Reaction score
right, got my HD Pro connected up to my Kemper yesterday. How Im running it is IN FRONT of the Kemper for infront of amp effects like boosts/choruses and the Whammy.
And Im still using the Kempers post amp effects delays/verb etc so I get trails etc.

so atm its:
Guitar > Pod HD Pro input > L Mono out > kemper rear input > L main out > poweramp > cab

Pod HD Midi out > Kemper Midi in

the whammy divebomb effect sounds great infront of the kemper and its going well.
but what I could NOT figure out yesterday is what to set the HD Pro midi settings to so that it would communicate with the Kemper properly.

I want my HD pro effects preset switching to also change amp sounds on the kemper in performance mode.

This is what options I have available to me in HD Pro edit software for midi -

hd pro edit.jpg

so anyone have any clue what I need to set this to so it can communicate with the Kemper and change performance sounds?

Thanks

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
@lewis - how should I connect the Kemper to the POD to monitor and to record through the POD properly since I've been using it as my audio interface as well. Practically I want to hear the sound same as through the Kempers Headphone Output. Any advice should be helpful and appreciated.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
So I have been using my own mk IV, Uber, Archon, 5150, and 50 Cal + profiles for a while now and have been happy for the most part; except I haven’t found a perfect mic placement/technique for the cab sounds. I can get it to sound pretty good through my PA; but then it’s too muffled and boxy out of a 412 cab (cab sim off) or I get it nice and tight through my cab; but it’s too shrill and has subtle digital artifacts that I can sometimes here.

I decided to grab the metal pack from Guido’s site (guidorist dot com) at €32 for around 30 profiles. I’ve read good things about his profiling abilities and, while I ended up only really liking the Diezels from the pack, they are stellar. I picked my favorite Hagen and VH4 profile to play around with. They sound identical from PA to real cab, which is incredible. I will toy with moving some of his cabs to my personal profiles and messaging further with the other profiles from the pack; but it was pretty cool to just be able to flip through them and instantly be able to use it live at a show with minimal tweaking and have my ideal tone.

I read that he released a little pack free for DL in the Kemper site, so I’m going to check that out as well, but I’d recommend checking out his Hagen or VH4 pack from his website. I think it’s like 5 quid for all his profiles for one amp and 2 for an individual profile. I wouldn’t agonize over which amp (Age vs V4) either. They are so similar in tone. In real amps I prefer the Herbert to the Hagen and VH4 but in the profile world they all sound nearly identical.

jerm

Reaction score
^what uberschall do you have? any chance of sharing your profiles?

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
For me personally, Laboga Mr HECTOR (SinMix Free Collection) is the most brutal modern high gain amp Ive ever heard. It just slays and growls, check it out if you havent already, its called SinMix MRP Hector. What a beast.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
^what uberschall do you have? any chance of sharing your profiles?
It’s the 120w EL34 Rev. Blue. My drummer has my Kemper in the van at his house so I can’t pull the profiles until we practice again next week, but yeah you can PM me with your email and I’d send some over, once I can load them onto my USB and into my computer

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
tried guido's free pack and the bogner profiles are pretty great. most of the profiles in the free pack are good (except for the friedman and engl powerball profiles).
I'm a big fan of pete turley's fortin jvm/baron m100 profiles right now, they kick serious ass.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
I forgot about the Marshall profiles until you guys mentioned them. There are maybe 4 in the pack I bought. A JVM and an 800, and one of them was an absolute dream tone for solos. I can’t wait to get my Kemper back to mess with them some more

takotakumi

Reaction score
Just got this email from Kemper, is this anything serious?

ACTION REQUIRED
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PROFILER NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION

You may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), that comes into effect at the end of May. To help comply with GDPR consent requirements, we need you to confirm that you would like to receive emails from us. We have plans to send you product information and news as well software update notifications.

Please update your subscription settings now to keep hearing from us in the future.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Just got this email from Kemper, is this anything serious?

ACTION REQUIRED
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PROFILER NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION

You may have heard about the new General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), that comes into effect at the end of May. To help comply with GDPR consent requirements, we need you to confirm that you would like to receive emails from us. We have plans to send you product information and news as well software update notifications.

Please update your subscription settings now to keep hearing from us in the future.
nah, a lot of sites are doing that. I got the same thing from kazrog.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Yeah it’s just a new regulation to reduce spamming emails. I’d expect to see more of these in the coming months. It is nice that you can opt out of web based product placement with this too.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Doing it this week fellas...got a line on a rack, damn good price, gonna pull the trigger.

Got a ton of free profiles, mostly down tuned sludge metal type stuff already lined up in RM, the Black Stymphalian is on my radar and I might grab his MKIV and Recto packs later today, grabbed Kosten's 5150 just for the cab (I've been doing a lot of back reading in this thread lol) and the Josh Middleton stuff is intriguing but spendy before I know what I like and don't before the thing even gets here.

Any others I NEED? This is all home recording stuff, nothing needed for live as I'm not gigging anymore, like pretty much ever. Guitars are either EMG 81 or PRS McCarty loaded.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Doing it this week fellas...got a line on a rack, damn good price, gonna pull the trigger.

Got a ton of free profiles, mostly down tuned sludge metal type stuff already lined up in RM, the Black Stymphalian is on my radar and I might grab his MKIV and Recto packs later today, grabbed Kosten's 5150 just for the cab (I've been doing a lot of back reading in this thread lol) and the Josh Middleton stuff is intriguing but spendy before I know what I like and don't before the thing even gets here.

Any others I NEED? This is all home recording stuff, nothing needed for live as I'm not gigging anymore, like pretty much ever. Guitars are either EMG 81 or PRS McCarty loaded.
Warm Chord Music and Thumas on the rig exchange have some really great free profiles, same with Pete Turley. I'd say just keep grabbing free stuff off the rig exchange unless there's a specific amp sound you want.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Warm Chord Music and Thumas on the rig exchange have some really great free profiles, same with Pete Turley. I'd say just keep grabbing free stuff off the rig exchange unless there's a specific amp sound you want.

After some Pittbull profiles, most likely grab SinMix’s pack if I dig on his free stuff.

Inversely, anything paid I should stay away from that just sucks?

Grabbed a few ChopTones patches when I had the AxeII and just hated em, are their Kemper profiles any better?

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
After some Pittbull profiles, most likely grab SinMix’s pack if I dig on his free stuff.

Inversely, anything paid I should stay away from that just sucks?

Grabbed a few ChopTones patches when I had the AxeII and just hated em, are their Kemper profiles any better?
choptones are only good if you use good IRs ime. Sinmix makes probably the best high gain profiles out there, though pete turley and cililab also make excellent stuff imo. I love Sinmix's Pitbull, Archon, Krank REV1, MKIV and JP2C profiles. I ended up replacing the majority of my profiles with stuff from sinmix/cililab/pete turley because they're consistently good.
Stay away from MattFig's high gain stuff, it sucks. The STL Jon Deiley/Andy James profiles suck too. Ampfactory sucks for high gain stuff.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
I sort-of concur.
I wasn't impressed with the Choptones stuff i got, although i'm not sure why. It's a shit-ton of profiles that cover a lot of ground, but...

AmpFactory's high-gain stuff is not for metal-heads. It could be awesome for really dirty, sludgy stuff, though.

In general, i'd steer away from paid profiles at first. There's so much good stuff to be had for free that there's real benefit to taking it slow and learning what you can do with a limited amount of profiles before ear-fatigue sets in.

Oh, and welcome to the club :)

Latest posts