Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
@steinmetzify Choptones blows, judging by their free profiles, and their obnoxious, spammy advertising makes me not want to give them money anyway. I think you'll be really happy with the Black Stymphalian Mark IV pack. Deadlight Studios makes some of my favorite paid profiles, and they have a free pack and additional freebies on the rig exchange.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
@steinmetzify Choptones blows, judging by their free profiles, and their obnoxious, spammy advertising makes me not want to give them money anyway. I think you'll be really happy with the Black Stymphalian Mark IV pack. Deadlight Studios makes some of my favorite paid profiles, and they have a free pack and additional freebies on the rig exchange.

Nice man, thanks for the heads up on Deadlight and the reassurance on BS.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Ok so I got it...I’ve got everything connected, I’m previewing rigs etc....noob question.

I have local files, I’ve created sub folders for the profile packs I’ve bought, how do I get those into the Kemper? I’ve managed to do a couple just copying and pasting, but damn, that’s gonna take forever, there’s gotta be a bulk move.

Also, how do I ditch the factory rigs? All I want on there for now are the ones I’ve DLed or bought.

Thanks Kemper doods

Last edited:

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Ok so I got it...I’ve got everything connected, I’m previewing rigs etc....noob question.

I have local files, I’ve created sub folders for the profile packs I’ve bought, how do I get those into the Kemper? I’ve managed to do a couple just copying and pasting, but damn, that’s gonna take forever, there’s gotta be a bulk move.

Also, how do I ditch the factory rigs? All I want on there for now are the ones I’ve DLed or bought.

Thanks Kemper doods
download the kemper rig manager for bulk editing/deleting.
you can delete profiles on the kemper itself but it's kind of annoying. you have to select the profile and delete them individually.
if you just want to add a bunch of profiles you can use a usb stick that you copied/pasted the files into and then export them to the kemper. There'll be a button that says external storage when the kemper is on, push it and import them.

takotakumi

Reaction score
Got an odd problem.
I remember updating the rig manager the other day and I noticed this week that when I connect the Profiler to the computer,
the usb sound will ring but it will not show on the Rig Manager. I tried updating to the latest OS from the download section
but I guess it's up to date cause I put the usb and it won't update. Any ideas why this is happening?

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
download the kemper rig manager for bulk editing/deleting.
you can delete profiles on the kemper itself but it's kind of annoying. you have to select the profile and delete them individually.
if you just want to add a bunch of profiles you can use a usb stick that you copied/pasted the files into and then export them to the kemper. There'll be a button that says external storage when the kemper is on, push it and import them.

Got rig manager last night, was using it to preview profiles but couldn’t figure out how to drag/drop them from rig manager into the Kemper. Did a couple by copying/pasting but that was a pain. I’ll hunt around and find a USB stick and do it that way if there’s no alternative.

Thanks man!

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
Got rig manager last night, was using it to preview profiles but couldn’t figure out how to drag/drop them from rig manager into the Kemper. Did a couple by copying/pasting but that was a pain. I’ll hunt around and find a USB stick and do it that way if there’s no alternative.

Thanks man!

You need to go to File --> Import Rigs

Then select as much rigs (profiles) as you want and just import them.

takotakumi

Reaction score

Thanks man!
I select the profiles I want to import and drag them to the "Profiler" on the left, just be sure not to drag over some other folders as it starts displaying them and gets messy hehe

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Got an odd problem.
I remember updating the rig manager the other day and I noticed this week that when I connect the Profiler to the computer,
the usb sound will ring but it will not show on the Rig Manager. I tried updating to the latest OS from the download section
but I guess it's up to date cause I put the usb and it won't update. Any ideas why this is happening?
They were talking about this on the Kemper forum. I guess something is oddball with the update and windows 7-10 from what I read. Might want to downgrade to the last software until it gets sorted out.

lewis

Reaction score
So those new Josh Middleton profiles are dope...really dig that he included some bass profiles too.
this is great to hear.
I planned to pick these up in June.
Would you say they are an improvement over the first pack because they seem to be based on the demos he is doing.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
this is great to hear.
Would you say they are an improvement over the first pack because they seem to be based on the demos he is doing.

Dude I just got the Kemper a few days ago; had heard the demos and knew I wanted these; I don’t have the 1st pack to compare them to, sorry.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
this is great to hear.

2nd pack has an entirely different feel imo but I think they're both great. I'd start with the second pack though because they're "easier to play"
I left a bit of a review somewhere here in this thread of the first pack.

The stuff Josh Middleton puts out is very consistent within the pack from amp to amp unlike a lot of other profile creators. I have some other stuff and volumes are all over the place, some amp packs suck fidelity-wise and others don't. I can't justify buying from many other profile makers given Josh's work.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Unity volume levels across profile packs? Is this a possible thing without going through every single profile?

I dig the volume levels on the JTM stuff, and I’d like the rest of what I have to match. Can do?

Pack 1 of the JTM was lower than most of my other profiles. Best to raise volume on those a bit.
There's no batch way of doing such. Huge drawback of the Kemper right now.
There's an unofficial editor but you'll need actual MIDI cables to use it afaik.

StefanWest

Reaction score
The Stymphalian profiles are awesome.
I also really like the Lasse Lasseter profiles.
All the stltones are great.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
The Stymphalian profiles are awesome.
I also really like the Lasse Lasseter profiles.
All the stltones are great.
I tried the jon deiley and andy james packs from stl and they were trash. They took a lot of tweaking to sound decent.
Stymphalian's MKIV pack is good, but not as good as cililab or sinmix's imo.
Lasse has some awesome profiles. I'm pretty partial to Bombed,Hard Hitter Jotun and Mean Bastard.

lewis

Reaction score
Dan from Reampzone has gotten his hands on a Randall Satan.
His Satan + Fortin 33 profiles sound absolutely unreal. Best high gain tones Ive had yet and the best bit, is its literally plug and play. I got away with leaving the EQ and gain default and just changing my poweramp presence and resonance knobs to EQ it to the "room".

Havent tried em direct to P.A yet, but going into my Randall T2 for power and then into my 4x12, it was beast!.

Latest posts