Kemper Profiling Amp Thread

klinic

Reaction score
Ooh, those Josh Middleton tones are extremely appealing! I'm not 100% sold on ReampZone and Double Impact, mostly because the demos weren't particularly well produced. But I listened to the demos of the STL stuff and they sounded pretty shocking as well, and they were mostly covered up by talking, as if they didn't want you to hear too much. It's odd, because I REALLY liked the tones I played through in person. Going to check out the free profiles and most likely buy the Josh Middleton ones! Thanks for the recommendations!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Ooh, those Josh Middleton tones are extremely appealing! I'm not 100% sold on ReampZone and Double Impact, mostly because the demos weren't particularly well produced. But I listened to the demos of the STL stuff and they sounded pretty shocking as well, and they were mostly covered up by talking, as if they didn't want you to hear too much. It's odd, because I REALLY liked the tones I played through in person. Going to check out the free profiles and most likely buy the Josh Middleton ones! Thanks for the recommendations!
Yeah, Josh Middletons were my top favorite. I wish I would have started my profile purchasing there (and therefore ended my search).
He makes good demos AND he's used them on albums. It's a no-brainer trying to determine the quality.

If you get them, disable the custom EQs he has active if you want a less "produced" sound. It's a completely different feel so it's like you get double the presets. He mentions it himself somewhere but all of the cabs are unique to each profile as well so you can mix and match giving you (# of AMPS) x (# of CABS) amount of profiles. I think there was like 40 in the first pack so that equates to like 1600 unique combos. Pretty sweet deal since he's only charging like $50 USD. STL Tones is WAY overpriced and while some of them were good (I had the Will Putney pack), many of them were not.

nateispro

Reaction score
I love the Josh Middleton stuff! I also really am enjoying the American Metal Pack from Replicant Audio. Zach from Whitechapel did them and they really kill. My kemper came with the Northlane and Will Putney packs. I only use the cleans from the Northlane pack. The Will Putney pack has been a huge letdown. They are all really muddy or insanely tinny. I cant EQ them to get a good sound like his albums. Id save the money on these two packs and go for Replicant/Josh Middleton/Ive also had good luck with Tonecrate, the Alex Wade pack took very little tweaking to get huge tones!

nateispro

Reaction score

I just bought the Live Ready Sound Shuggah Kemper pack and holy hell. There are HUNDREDS of profiles in here. It sounds super good and handles my 8 string really well I think!

klinic

Reaction score

I just bought the Live Ready Sound Shuggah Kemper pack and holy hell. There are HUNDREDS of profiles in here. It sounds super good and handles my 8 string really well I think!

Damn that's heavy! Reminds me that I haven't gotten my 8 out in over a year! :eek:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Wow just checked out their site and those demos all sound really good. Makes me wish I went with that over the GGD -All the Gains pack.

nateispro

Reaction score
Damn that's heavy! Reminds me that I haven't gotten my 8 out in over a year! :eek:
Don't let it be neglected! Haha I'm surprised with how heavy it came out to be considering it's only a left and right track with no bass!

Wow just checked out their site and those demos all sound really good. Makes me wish I went with that over the GGD -All the Gains pack.

I have not heard a single thing about that GGD pack. AT ALL. I kind of steered away from it for that reason, I'm really happy with these Live Ready Sound profiles!

klinic

Reaction score
Getting a lot of mileage out of the Double Impact free presets at the moment. Going to be my first time testing out the Kemper with my old midi controller in rehearsal today. Probably going to pick up the Josh Middleton packs ASAP, but I might also pick up the Double Impact ones depending on how tonight goes!

Don't let it be neglected! Haha I'm surprised with how heavy it came out to be considering it's only a left and right track with no bass!
Oh wow, I didn't even notice that there was no bass. Really nice!

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend the 1 or 2 bundle from Josh Middleton? I dont think I can buy both...
I'd probably go with number 2. I have no doubt Josh has improved on making profiles since pack 1 so they'll most likely be even better than pack 1 (which is still amazing). I only got to try 3 of the pack 2 profiles but they were great. I'm pretty sure pack 2 has more profiles than pack 1 does as well.

ikarus

Reaction score
I'd probably go with number 2. I have no doubt Josh has improved on making profiles since pack 1 so they'll most likely be even better than pack 1 (which is still amazing). I only got to try 3 of the pack 2 profiles but they were great. I'm pretty sure pack 2 has more profiles than pack 1 does as well.

thanks for your help, I just bought pack #2...

klinic

Reaction score
I’ve never had such a good response to my tone like I have last night with the Kemper with a pack of free profile samples and next to zero editing times. I’m also going to grab pack 2 from Josh Middleton. Variety seems a lot better than pack 1.

thanks for your help, I just bought pack #2...

Post ya tonez! Would love to hear what you come up with!

død

Reaction score

Well, decided to go all in on the Kemper, loving it so far, but itching to get into some Profile Packs.

Hearing mixed things about the STL packs. My mates got the Northlane pack which I briefly played through and the VH4 tone convinced me to do the switch. Big fan of some of bands Putneys produced for so his pack looks really appealing as well. All the recommendations on the Kemper forums seem to be for vintage stuff though! Any recommendations here?
I highly recommend the Powered by Omega profiles, I have and use the DI pack for my main rhythm sound, sounds mean as hell through my Mesa Fifty/Fifty and Zilla 2x12.

klinic

Reaction score
I highly recommend the Powered by Omega profiles, I have and use the DI pack for my main rhythm sound, sounds mean as hell through my Mesa Fifty/Fifty and Zilla 2x12.
I have so many profile packs to check out. I should have anticipated this before I blew my life savings on a kemper. oh well! Hopefully I’ll save money by not buying new amps! Not likely...

InHiding

Reaction score
There's a free profile called Nitro Klon Boost (Splawn Nitro setup) you can get from Rig Exchange. I really like that one :)

arasys

needs more RRs
Reaction score
on kemper forums there's a filter that lists the topics based on likes; go to Free rigs and profiles subsection, hit the filter (it's on left corner, hit Last Reply to choose Likes) so you can see some of the hidden gems there too.

nateispro

Reaction score
Here is another one for you guys. These are some of the D.I profiles from the Omega Ampworks guys. The Obsidian is on the left and the Iridium is on the right. I LOVE these packs for downtuned metal. I had a Marshall 1960 cab from the Replicant Titan pack that is perfect with these. These may be my favorite metal profiles so far!

Flick

Reaction score
Just received the toaster today. Couldn’t tell the difference between the JP2C and the profile. There was even a Driftwood Purple Nightmare profile on the rig exchange that is absolutely crushing.

Flick

Reaction score
Any reviews on the Replicant Audio Meshuggah Fortin pack?