Kiesel --- Never Again!

• Thread starter MetalHead40
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Agreed! I never met the guy, but after he made that smug Facebook video only days after I returned this guitar accusing me of photo shopping the bridge saddle issues and making false claims, I lost all respect for the douche. He never named me directly in that video mind you, but it was clear it was aimed at me buy his asinine remarks.

I still have to laugh though honestly that my thread is still going. Every once in a while there's a relative comment, but it's gone way off the deep end for sure.

The owner of the company had a Facebook rant and accused a customer of photoshopping an issue?

wtf

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed! I never met the guy, but after he made that smug Facebook video only days after I returned this guitar accusing me of photo shopping the bridge saddle issues and making false claims, I lost all respect for the douche. He never named me directly in that video mind you, but it was clear it was aimed at me buy his asinine remarks.

I still have to laugh though honestly that my thread is still going. Every once in a while there's a relative comment, but it's gone way off the deep end for sure.

They sell a huge number of guitars. Perhaps he was not actually referring to you.

Edika

Reaction score
Perhaps. Or maybe he’s just hearing what he wants to hear to justify his views.

Truth be told Kiesel doesn't really have too many guitars with big issues that get returned. This is a really specific issue that not a lot of people complained about and if I remember correctly he did send it back once to correct the saddles and came back exactly the same way. So it would be one of those cases the Jeff would remember and trying to save face will comment about. Having a guitar being returned twice and posted on a public forum and their faceboom page (which if I remember correctly again got deleted) is not the best thing for them. What's worse is the way they're handling customer complaints. Even if it's not the OP the Jeff was referring to, it's really bad form to go out on a limb and accuse him of photoshopping photos to make them look bad.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
This is a really specific issue that not a lot of people complained about and if I remember correctly he did send it back once to correct the saddles and came back exactly the same way.

Kiesel is basically "baby's first custom guitar", so if not a lot of people complained, not a lot of people are okay with having the wrong bridge installed on their guitar. Could be true, but I don't think it does anything put take Kiesel off the hook there.

mastapimp

Reaction score
They sell a huge number of guitars. Perhaps he was not actually referring to you.
The reason I'd side with the poster is because I've seen some of the videos or posts where he does call people out. He's called out artists in a juvenile fashion (jason richardson), so it's not above his character to behave this way. I stopped watching Jeff's videos a while back, but he would post frequently and he'd sometimes throw in a few jabs regarding stuff that was conveniently timed with issues brought up here or on a facebook group. Not difficult to connect the dots.

Edika

Reaction score
Kiesel is basically "baby's first custom guitar", so if not a lot of people complained, not a lot of people are okay with having the wrong bridge installed on their guitar. Could be true, but I don't think it does anything put take Kiesel off the hook there.

Oh I'm not saying he's off the hook, I was just trying to make the point that since there weren't a lot of people at the time speaking out about the bridge aside from the OP and maybe another one or two guys it was easy to figure out that Jeff was talking about the OP.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
The problem with the bridges being at their limit on the Aries models is a huge red flag (among others), as is the behaviour of this Jeff Kiesel character. It is a shame as he could simply acknowledge these complaints and improve his quality control. It is apparent that he wants to change the direction of the company from what Carvin wants.
He is heading towards territory where such quality problems and behaviour are a deal breaker for people. Why pay so much when you have other high end choices without the baggage? I guess this is the problem when there is so much power in the hands of one person, a board of directors should be in place to pull his leash every now and then. They have potential but lets see where they will be in a few years after they depart from the lower custom price range...

MetalHead40

Reaction score
It
Truth be told Kiesel doesn't really have too many guitars with big issues that get returned. This is a really specific issue that not a lot of people complained about and if I remember correctly he did send it back once to correct the saddles and came back exactly the same way. So it would be one of those cases the Jeff would remember and trying to save face will comment about. Having a guitar being returned twice and posted on a public forum and their faceboom page (which if I remember correctly again got deleted) is not the best thing for them. What's worse is the way they're handling customer complaints. Even if it's not the OP the Jeff was referring to, it's really bad form to go out on a limb and accuse him of photoshopping photos to make them look bad.

The problem with the guitar they sent me was not the bigger issue. The reall issue was how pathetically unprofessional and rude their customer service was. Their sales guy was the most ignorant SOB I've ever dealt with, their lead tech's attitude was as if he couldn't have cared less, and Their sales manager said he'd handle things and they did not get handled. Now we can talk about the issue with the guitar they sent me.

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
@MetalHead40

I've been wondering, since my JB200 came with a korean FR 1000 instead of an OFR like it should have, and they sent me a replacement OFR later (Chris was boss for that) BUT I dont think it was properly shimmed for 14" radius because I cant get the action as low as any of my ibbies. Should I check for shims and have them installed if necessary?

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Perhaps. Or maybe he’s just hearing what he wants to hear to justify his views.
Nice tRumpster Fanboi diversion.

It doesn’t matter which specific customer was accused of photoshoping a pathetically obvious screw-up that should never have passed quality control.

The fact of the matter is that the public face of the company publicly trashed a customer that dared to complain (ala tRump) and return a defective instrument.

That is douchenozzel territory

/thread

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Last week I ordered my first Kiesel. It's in raw-tone finish so non-returnable. Fingers crossed! :)

But I took some precautions. I kept the price below $1.5k, and ordered the Contour Trem. If the saddles on the hipshot are set too high, I can always lift the entire bridge up and lower the saddles. The sales guy was super nice.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Last week I ordered my first Kiesel. It's in raw-tone finish so non-returnable. Fingers crossed! :)

But I took some precautions. I kept the price below $1.5k, and ordered the Contour Trem. If the saddles on the hipshot are set too high, I can always lift the entire bridge up and lower the saddles. The sales guy was super nice.
My fingers are crossed as well!

-JeKo-

Reaction score
Just watched Jeff's Facebook Q&A video from yesterday. Fanboys probably praise everything he says but to me he comes across as... I don't really know how to put it. Having watched these videos for a long time, it's just the same cliches over and over.

He's also bashing Suhr for offering nitro finishes and having their nitro bodies sprayed in a different state as it's illegal in CA. He doesn't mention Suhr by name but he's clearly talking about them. I'm not the biggest fan of Suhr but at least their CEO comes across as more down-to-earth.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
And their guitars don't typically look like an art supply store vomited profusely all over a slab of wood, and some knob end let it dry cuz, "hey, that looks kinda cool!"

spudmunkey

Reaction score
And their guitars don't typically look like an art supply store vomited profusely all over a slab of wood, and some knob end let it dry cuz, "hey, that looks kinda cool!"

Exhibit A)
DSC_2453_zpsf86c8d4c.jpg

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score

To be fair, Kiesel only builds what the customers request. If a customer has a questionable taste in colors/finishes, it is not really Kiesel's fault for delivering what the customer is requesting. Also, what you might consider ugly might look beautiful to someone else.