Knocked Loose "You Won't Go Before You're Supposed To" Out 5/10/24

• Thread starter CTID
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
Definitely a divisive band so this thread might be opening a can of worms but don't really care too much. Stoked for this album and this is one of the larger bands out there repping 7 strings basically since the beginning.

Album singles:

Some older stuff:

New album is gonna fuck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I went from not liking Knocked Loose, mainly cause of the vocals, to so excited for this release because of their recent songs. Something clicked and Bryan's vocals just sound like straight screaming in such a sick way. Something about shit that just isn't that complicated and just HITS has been a vibe lately for me

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score

It's out, just finished listening to it and really liked it. Pretty short at 27 minutes but that just means more spins

owlexifry

Reaction score
sadly im one of those fuckheads that just has to have that annoying opinion of enjoying the old stuff way more.

idk these tracks have just sounded like low end sub sine waves + noise + drums compared to previous releases.

i want to enjoy this band but it’s hard with this new direction.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know what I'm listening to on the drive in this morning, and at 27 mins I'll get through the whole thing before I get there lol

sleewell

Reaction score
i love them so much. i love his vocals, i love their riffs, i love their energy. very very happy for their success. the new album is amazing.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of knocked loose, with that said, I did see them live a few years ago and was blown away. Would definitely see them live again, what an energy they brought.

EDIT: Hold up, is that dude rocking a custom AZ 7?? That thing is beautiful looking!

Last edited:

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
and yet no enthusiasm for Isaac's Iceman smh my damn head at y'all

tian

Reaction score
I'm glad these guys are blowing up and doing it with such a heavy sound but... while I don't think this album is bad I do think it's probably the least interesting thing they done.

I love 'A Tear in the Fabric of Life' and it stands alone as a very focused EP, but I was really hoping the next album would pick up from A Different Shade of Blue and progress from there. This just feels like boiling their sound down to something less dynamic without fully committing to something as compact as what Nails does.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I listened to all of it on the way to work and I like it a lot. It has super gnarly heavy stuff, stuff that rocks and is a little melodic... I'd say par for the course given the stuff they've been releasing. It's about what I expected and I'm not disappointed whatsoever.

That said, I think A Tear In the Fabric of Life is my favorite piece of work from them, followed by Laugh Tracks, the Upon Loss singles and the newest release. I'm not sure why but A Different Shade of Blue doesn't resonate with me for some reason. I need to listen to it more.