Krrayzie guitar idea... headless 7 string based on Teuffel Tesla

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
I dont like that top horn at all tbh.

Which part? Or do you mean the whole upper half in general? Yeah it's certainly not going to please everyone :lol:

What would you change, or do you just not like the concept as a whole (in which case there ain't much I can do to please you ;))

74n4LL0

I'm a robot...
Reaction score
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
You can try to add more wood behind the bridge to rest your arm on
a little like this...

200711_garykramer_1.jpg

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
You can try to add more wood behind the bridge to rest your arm on
a little like this...

200711_garykramer_1.jpg

Wow, that design really doesn't do it for me :lol: tastes are tastes I guess ;)

I see your point though. I actually was worried about the same thing, and tried a couple of modified designs that had more wood for that purpose, but I just didn't think it clicked aesthetically... and from my "fake playing" of the mockup, I don't feel like it's going to be a problem or at least not a big one; I've got just enough there to put the end of my forearm on and it's alright.

I guess I'll find out though when I make the first prototype version, which could be as soon as next week (buying the wood this weekend :shred:)

zorn

Reaction score
I would like to add a thing or two.
The body of the tesla is not as big as you think. Taking the overall size it is not bigger as a Superstrat. It just has different proportions.
Sugizo is a rather small person same as Ralph Gibson. Oli's XXL is larger then a normal tesla due to the increased length of the neck.
The short neck is not for asthetical reasons only...it gives the tesla an incredible bottom end. Due to its short length it's sustain is limited but played through a 4x10 or 4x12 it has earthshaking capabilities.
It is also perfectly balanced and sits on your lap, so make sure that this will also work on your guitar...