Let's talk about new pedals and how awesome they are.

• Thread starter 3074326
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mniel8195

Reaction score
All of the suhr reloaded pedals are great i own the koko boost and i am planing on getting the rufus fuzz.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
On the topic of "The Awesomeness of Pedals!"

top-02.jpg

:bowdown:

Wow... VFE multi effects unit (analogue). Can you select your own effects?

Omura

Reaction score
bought a nova system to try an quench my thirst for awesome pedals..
my thirst was not quenched. It's a great pedal.. but multi-effects just don't do it for me the way single pedals do...
MEGA-GAS list includes:
VFE Focus (seriously stoked about this, ordering ASAP)
Wampler Plextortion/ Love Pedal Purple plexi (I love the cranked plexi tone, but I don't want a whole amp for it, AIAB FTW! and both of these sound fantastic)
Seymour Duncan 805 OD, Ts808 style OD with a 3 band eq!? and it comes in a fantastic colour and had Keith Merrow in on it. not a company I associate with pedals, but they do turn out quality product in everything I've seen from them, so I have no doubts about it.
Walrus Audio Deep 6 comp/cali 76 comp/wampler ego comp.
A bunch of awesome compressors, I can't pick which, but they all sound great, and the PAF 7's in my rg752fx really tighten up and do the hi-gains well with a good comp to tighten them up.
EQ devices Afterneath, it's been mentioned, we all know why ;)
The Darkglass B7K, which pretty much is the only thing to use for Bass now. Seriously taken over the scene and for good reason. If there was a guitar pedal that did hi-gain as well as darkglass does for bass, people would be selling their axe-fx and replacing them with one pedal... well maybe not but you know.
there are a bunch more, but my wallet can't take the idea right now..

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Just ordered an Afterneath from Earthquaker. Said it might be a week or two. Getting surgery next week, so it should be here by the time I'm able to function again. :hbang:

GRIZ

djentleman
Reaction score
ive never been much of a pedal guy, but recently i have gotten into a few.

tc electronic arena delay - almost the same thing as the hall of fame. just has a few different reverbs. really awesome pedal, and it can make so any different sound.

lovepedal amp50 - great little overdrive pedal. has just one knob on it that does all the magic. It sound a little too digital when you crank it up all the way, but at about one or two o'clock this thing really shines.

i also have a boss dd7 that is pretty cool, but i might get another delay pedal.

i also am in the market for a good vibrato pedal and maybe a flanger. an envelope filter would be cool too.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I want a delay pedal, was going to go with an EHX Memory Boy, but the Earthquaker Disaster Transport has my attention now. The demos I have heard sounded great. Also I have a Stoner rock itch that needs scratching, so I am trying to decide on the Hoof or the Hoof Reaper. I love the Hoof fuzz sound but I already have a POG2 so the Hoof Reaper might be a bit overkill.

nlaplante

Reaction score
I don't hear much about the Soul Food here on ss.org. I like both high gain metal and low gain blues stuff. The Soul Food is on my GAS list. Has anyone tried it as a boost to drive their djent/thrash/death metal tones? How does it compare to boosting with a TS9-style pedal?

I've heard stacking the Soul Food in a TS9-style pedal sounds good too. I already have the EHX East River Drive. I think it could make a good combo.

Other pedals I've been into lately are the newer cheap mini pedals by Mooer, Eno, Rowin and Donner. The Mooer Ana Echo is a beast of an analog delay. I'm looking forward to try other stuff like their tremolo pedal. The only let down cheap pedal I got recently is the Eno mini pedal tuner. Not that accurate, and doesn't support alternate tunings, which are so loved on ss.org!

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Black Arts Toneworks, the Pharaoh is my newest addition and I love it. I have read that it sounds best at high volumes, but even at low apartment-level volumes, it sounds awesome. I will be buying another one of their pedals when I have money to spare, the Coven (Pharaoh+Black Forest) looks really awesome.

I have massive GAS for Empress Superdelay.

Also, Fuzzrocious makes great stuff, I want to get a Dark Driving to add to my pedalboard. That and the Coven would allow me to get rid of Blues Driver and Big D, which are okay dirt, but not quite what I am after.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
I don't hear much about the Soul Food here on ss.org. I like both high gain metal and low gain blues stuff. The Soul Food is on my GAS list. Has anyone tried it as a boost to drive their djent/thrash/death metal tones? How does it compare to boosting with a TS9-style pedal?

I've heard stacking the Soul Food in a TS9-style pedal sounds good too. I already have the EHX East River Drive. I think it could make a good combo.

Other pedals I've been into lately are the newer cheap mini pedals by Mooer, Eno, Rowin and Donner. The Mooer Ana Echo is a beast of an analog delay. I'm looking forward to try other stuff like their tremolo pedal. The only let down cheap pedal I got recently is the Eno mini pedal tuner. Not that accurate, and doesn't support alternate tunings, which are so loved on ss.org!

I have both a Japanese TS-9 and a Soul Food. I'll get back to you on that.

I like the Soul Food more as a distortion/overdrive pedal in general though.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
You can also check out the JHS Modded Soul Food. It throws in a few more tonal options.

Electro Harmonix Soul Food "Meat & 3" Mod

Also here's a cool article with bassists Jonathan Hischke (Hella, Dot Hacker) and Juan Alderte (Racer X, The Mars Volta) doing a shoutout of their favorite pedals.

Bass Pedal Wars | Premier Guitar

...it also breifly mentions "Josh Klinghoffer's seemingly endless pedal stash". Now THAT I'd be certainly interested in.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I have massive GAS for Empress Superdelay.

All I can say is yes and then yes again. Easily the best delay I've bought and it's packed in a small enclosure. If you like options without the hassle of menus or a bagillion useless banks, then SuperDelay it up.

EdibleVypyr

Deviant Devil
Reaction score
I don't even have any pedals yet and i'm so interested in them. At the moment the BlackArts Toneworks Quantum Mystic is what i'm psyched to get though, it sounds so dark and evil that it might just kill a nearby puppy.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Could only hold out so long. Ordered these EarthQuaker Devices today, can't wait to try them.

Hoof Fuzz.

Grand Orbiter Phase Machine V2

Afterneath

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I got a new pedal recently- Darkglass B7K.

I had to sell my bicycle, donate plasma, and panhandle for a few weeks to afford it.

Let's talk about new pedals... and how expensive the are! Holy. It's a great pedal, just enough awesomeness not to regret it.

wakjob

Reaction score
For low gain stuff, the Xotic BB Preamp pedal is the best I've tried thus far.

High gain??? pfttttt.... Other than the Marshall ShredMaster... IDK man. They all kinda suck.

Finding a jaw dropping high gain dirt box is next to impossible.
Lots of good ones out there. Never found a great one.

TC Nova delay + Hardwire Reverb is kickin' some a$$ for me lately.

Shimme

Wants a Seven String
Reaction score
I saw that Center Street (little pedal shop out of KC) had a closeout sale on their Murphy overdrive - 3 of them left in stock, buy a Rasputin Fuzz, get a Murphy free. I've been really digging that Rasputin for a long time, so it was a nobrainer here :lol: Hope you see why

This dude does sick pedal demos btw :yesway:

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Holy shit the Afterneath sounds amazing!

right?? I'm trying to convince my wife. If I bring it up enough, I'm sure I'll have one. I more than have the funds required, but I need to choose wisely my next few purchases...