Likelihood on seeing Headless Ibanez?

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
I dont think so. Ibanez has always been fairly exotic wit how they approach basses , but tend to be relatively conservative in comparison when designing their guitars.also ibanez headstocks iconic where the bass headstocks arent so much.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ibanez AX? What and when were those? Any good?

The Axstar models were made in 85' and made it to the next catalog year before being discontinued, along with almost everything else, to make way for the revised, JEM based RG.

Then even had a headless model in 86', but it wasn't as wild a shape.

TrevorT

Reaction score
I'm really hoping Ibanez does release a headless guitar model in the next year or so, but I'm not optimistic. I've been thinking about getting an Aristides H/07 sometime in the next year or two, but if Ibanez releases a MIJ headless that might save me a few thousand $ lol

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
They already did.

44d96dfae537c6222d0b744dbd475875.jpg

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
The headless Axstar models just make me think of the Kubicki Factor/Ex Factor, and then I remember how much better those were.

View attachment 83131

Those things were so cool. If used ones showed up more and didn't go for so much coin, I'd have one by now.

I was also really close in getting an Axstar headless bass but opted out. The same store happens to have those old RB Bean basses that look similar but not as cool looking. :lol: