Likelihood on seeing Headless Ibanez?

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a discussion and see what everyone thinks the likelihood of Ibanez's EHB series being made into a guitar.

I have an EHB1005MS and they've knocked it out of the park. I am just afraid with COVID hitting that sales could have been hit on it reducing the chance we might get actual headless guitars.

What are your thoughts? Have you tried one of their headless basses yet? Do you think it is likely they will do a headless guitar model for next year.

I can say one or my predictions. They will do a 6 and 7 string if they do.

olejason

Reaction score
I think they'll do a few models once COVID settles down in Indonesia. The EHB series has been very well received.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ICSvortex

0-0-0-1
Reaction score
don't think that's gonna happen... the market is very small with headless guitars, they dont really push new ideas with their electric guitars and if they still would do it, which is very unlikely, they probably would only do 6 string guitars.

But that said, every time i bought a guitar with a feature that the ibanez lineup didnt have, they released a guitar WITH that feature a few months later^^
And since i ordered a headless 7 and it's going to arrive in 2 months, there will probably be a headless ibanez this year

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think so.

If they do, it'll be something cheap and gaudy like the Axion Label.

They're making a mint on the AZ at the moment, so I see them focusing on that still. There's a rumor that they're going to bring some AZ features to a new shape.

We'll see.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Ibanez have done headless guitars from the 80s with their Axstar line. They do follow trends, wasn't expecting them to release the full EHB line, but here we are.

Who knows. They could surprise us with something next year (though I doubt it), but the AZ is their current market frontrunner at the moment.

mbardu

Reaction score
I don't think so.

If they do, it'll be something cheap and gaudy like the Axion Label.

They're making a mint on the AZ at the moment, so I see them focusing on that still. There's a rumor that they're going to bring some AZ features to a new shape.

We'll see.

I don't know...
The Axion Label shows they will sometimes experiment, and they are bringing relatively "new" stuff (stainless steel frets, Fishman pickups) to the "main" product lines too. The AZ line or features require little development at this point (or maybe they could just invest in fixing the headstock :lol: ). I guess I could see a headless premium at some point.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking because I'd like one.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know...
The Axion Label shows they will sometimes experiment, and they are bringing relatively "new" stuff (stainless steel frets, Fishman pickups) to the "main" product lines too. The AZ line or features require little development at this point (or maybe they could just invest in fixing the headstock :LOL:). I guess I could see a headless premium at some point.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking because I'd like one.

There isn't anything on Axion models not found elsewhere really.

I just don't think they'll push anything both higher end (MIJ) and headless.

One of the reasons they do some much with basses first (other than bassists being more open to different/new things) is that they're less risky.

Not to mention, with Fujigen stretched thin, I don't see them diverting away from already successful models.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Didn't they do their first multiscale guitar in Axion?
I might remember that wrong, totally possible..

yeah I don't see this being a made in Japan ever unless sales really take off.

Ibanez might not have the tech in their own line but cort definitely has the tech to make this happen pretty easily.

and they do make the basses already.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm surprised they haven't done it yet, and I'm sure they will. They always were the first big brand in modern trends so I don't think they'll want to stay away from this one.

One of the reasons they do some much with basses first (other than bassists being more open to different/new things) is that they're less risky.

I always wondered why Ibanez basses were so nice with a plethora of exotic woods to show while most of their damn guitars were all bolt-on basswood/maple/rosewood.

Then you have Jackson, which just shoves a big middle finger to bass players :lol:

Last edited:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't they do their first multiscale guitar in Axion?
I might remember that wrong, totally possible..

They did multiscale first on Bass, then on Iron Label. The Multiscale models were then shifted into the Axion label stuff.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They did multiscale first on Bass, then on Iron Label. The Multiscale models were then shifted into the Axion label stuff.

The Standard series RGMS models came before the Axion, and are still in production.

lewis

Reaction score
the AX45 would be a nice headless shape -

studio-still-life-of-a-1985-ibanez-axstar-ax45-guitar-photographed-in-picture-id102624360

the most obvious one would be on a voyager though imo -

$_86.JPG

Latest posts