Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Well, if I may, do yourself a favor, and get a KPA instead (or whatever).

I second this statement. I was much like others here, dodging between new pieces of hardware just hoping that one of em would work out. Got a Kemper awhile ago, and have never been happier. I still try to give the new stuff a whirl, and give it a fair chance, but if it sounds like a duck, and walks like a duck, chances are it's a duck... or someone with extreme mental illness.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Only played with it an hour though because of work but when I get home I'm playing the .... out of it. So far I love it!

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Dialed in some patches last night, still getting my head around the options available in the unit but I got some sweet 5150 sounds by importing some of my mesa cab impulses via the IR loader. I am impressed to far.

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
iv had mine a month and a half ish now. Im super stoked with it, its solid, easy to use, and I get fantastic sounds out of it. I got a wicked bass tone, and am shaping guitar sounds to my liking but I don't think its a flop by any means. And hey, its being updated all the time now, almost on version 1.04, so with more updates - comes better helix hopefully!

Im really enjoying mine :)

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
my buddy and I are planning on doing a video where we both play on M80m's through my helix and his axe fx II and pan them L/R so people can hear how each sounds.

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
my buddy and I are planning on doing a video where we both play on M80m's through my helix and his axe fx II and pan them L/R so people can hear how each sounds.

Please do!

Also here is an Engl tone I just made

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/ericjutsu/helix-engl-tone[/SC]

elkinz

Pun Enthusiast
Reaction score
alright, so last night me and my buddy hooked up my helix and his axe fx - and did a comparison.

We ran 2 Ibanez M80M's into each unit. Ran the same amp sims, on the same settings, with the same third party IR.

And honestly, they were on par! They both kicked ASS!

We are slowly working on a lil vid to show you guys what they sound like together in a song :)

Ericjutsu

Reaction score
alright, so last night me and my buddy hooked up my helix and his axe fx - and did a comparison.

We ran 2 Ibanez M80M's into each unit. Ran the same amp sims, on the same settings, with the same third party IR.

And honestly, they were on par! They both kicked ASS!

We are slowly working on a lil vid to show you guys what they sound like together in a song :)
Was it the axe fx 2? Also which amps amd IRs did you use? Also post clips immediately !

Kristianx510

Reaction score
Just picked up my helix last night. Absolutely blown away. Took it straight to band practice and had it running in no time and it was the best tone I've ever had.

big_aug

Reaction score
Still love mine months later. Sounds great every time I turn it on.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Just reading that there is a new large update on the way, containing a new amp with its three channels and 9 more effects to play with. Should be cool!!

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
I keep reading that the new amp model is probably going to be Bogner XTC. At least that is the consensus over at the line 6 helix forum.

Line 6 has also stated that the Mesa Mark IV is also at the top of their priority list, but that this amp in the up-coming update is not the Mesa Mark IV. Which is why most agree it will probably be the Bogner XTC.