Line 6 Helix Megathread - 2.80 update

• Thread starter demorior
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
looks like they're saying $1500

Well thats pretty darn competitive!. Obviously I will wait for this to be out for a good few months and gauge opinion before I jump on the bandwagon and until then the kemper will be leading my main GAS. BUT....if this is as convincing if not better somehow than both the Axe and the Kemper for alot less, then Im onboard 100%.

About time they waded into this battle and good for them for atleast being brave enough to try. :shred:
one thing I will say is its certainly aesthetically pleasing. Looks so elegant, modern and stylish. Amazingly attractive.
Wonder what Rack versions will look like :eek: I bet Glorious, especially paired with the Korg Pitchblack Pro tuner haha.

EDIT, Just found the Rack version. Wow

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Damn, considering the rise in the price of this if you compare to pod HD, I hope this will be a serious improvement! It seems like all their new products in recent years have been improved in functionality and looks, but not really in the sound. Let's hope that they were saving it for this one!

Would be cool if this would have an option to import IR's...

lewis

Reaction score
Damn, considering the rise in the price of this if you compare to pod HD, I hope this will be a serious improvement! It seems like all their new products in recent years have been improved in functionality and looks, but not really in the sound. Let's hope that they were saving it for this one!

Custom IRs are a must to really have this take off, compete, rival and maybe better the Axe!.

If this has Custom IR loading (and blending a couple at once too) then Im IN!!!!

demorior

Reaction score

that's what I'm most interested in seeing as well.
i know one of the most common complaints was the inability
to use custom irs

lewis

Reaction score
Im only the one who thought getting excited at upgrading the Pod HD pro with the "Metal Amp" add on pack was now totally stupid and worthless?........:lol::lol:

mikah912

Reaction score
Just read over at another forum:

It loads IRs, has a separate cab block, and can load multiple IRs for just one amp (or maybe just dual...I know it can have more than one).

demorior

Reaction score

It loads IRs, has a separate cab block, and can load multiple IRs for just one amp (or maybe just dual...I know it can have more than one).

well there you have it. looks like line 6 is listening to their customers!

lewis

Reaction score

ok.....so.....Im in!!!!!!!!!

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
Ninja'd.

Anyways, pretty excited about this. Not holding my breath until we see more about the amp models though.

lewis

Reaction score
Ninja'd.

Anyways, pretty excited about this. Not holding my breath until we see more about the amp models though.

Agree about this, I still prefer on paper the "unlimited amp" options of the Kemper and its exchange instead of using the limited models that ship on the device and wait for an update/pack to add more. But If the ones that come on the device are insanely amazing, then I suppose I should quit whining like a bitch and buy one!!!........... :shred:

Latest posts