This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you very much man! :bowdown:

I don't know about any of the other guys, but I actually HAD to download everything. All I got in my box besides the unit and cable was the "pilots handbook" which was basically the briefest of tutorials in about 30 different languages....

Not that I mind just downloading the manual, but it's a hell of a lot easier to mark pages and read through an actual book for me.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
second question: I have this FBV
o77wn4.jpg

And it as far as I could tell I only have access to 8 of the buttons and the expression pedals. Is there any way to program the Stomp 1, 2, and 3, or the Amp 1, and 2 buttons?

I can be done with FBV express MKII. Its on the setup page 1, ABCD: Toggles the current Bank’s Presets A through D. FS 5-8: Toggles the Amp or FX Block to which you have assigned FS5 through FS8 On/Off.
See manual section B-1

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
What is the cheapest and smallest (what ever comes first) foot controller that will work with POD HD Pro except FBV Express MkII?
I guess we are talking bout MIDI controllers here.

japs5607

Reaction score
So I took the pod hd to practice last night and ran it thought the pa direct. My fellow band mates raised a couple of points with this

1 what if the venue we play at has a poor pa. which only mics drums and vocals
2 or there is no cab share etc and I would have to take my 4 x 12 cab the idea of the pod was to reduce my set up

So the question is frfr route or do I follow the rocktron velocity route and keep the 4 x 12

I had a look at the Alto thread and like what I hear and they are priced quite similar to the rocktron

On another point it did sound huge thought the pa. especially the spacey ambient chimpspanner patch

Thanks

meambobbo

Reaction score
With the 4x12 you have its sound only, rather than using the Pod to emulate cab/mic tone. also it's probably heavier and more difficult to move around, and the speakers are directional, so your sound is going to different across the audience. It's easier to run a cable to a PA than to mic a real 4x12.

So I'd go with the Alto, unless you really love the sound of your 4x12.

meambobbo

Reaction score
everything i've read seems to prefer the rokits. also, i believe they are front-ported so you can put them closer to a wall without changing the response.

...but i have m-audio bx8's and like them...

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
tone sounds sick besides the fuzz/fizz...sounds like its on the low end. i had a few patches that i cleaned up with a parametric EQ like meambobbo explains in his tone guide. the fuzz I'm referring to is most noticeable at the end of the clip while the open note is ringing out. just sounds scratchy. other than that its a dope tone!

Thanks for the input! I'e been messing with the EQ and stuff from meambobbo's guide a lot and will definitely post it again when I get a chance.

And what does the world think of this? This is simply a lead tone that I've been messing with, again with no EQ as I can't fit it in there because of the DSP. Whenever I record with it, all the EQ is done in post.

Here is a short vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ9IUARkIv4

And here is the link to the tone
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/221170/

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I can be done with FBV express MKII. Its on the setup page 1, ABCD: Toggles the current Bank’s Presets A through D. FS 5-8: Toggles the Amp or FX Block to which you have assigned FS5 through FS8 On/Off.
See manual section B-1

I know that. What I want to know is of it is possible to assign effects blacks to the other buttons on my FBV

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
I know that. What I want to know is of it is possible to assign effects blacks to the other buttons on my FBV

You can assign multiple effects to one button if you want. I have my delays assigned to the reverb button since it's right above the tap tempo.

geoffshreds

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got a POD HD Pro and I'm looking to order some monitors for it today.
These are the two I'm looking at:

Any help here?

Amazon.com: Pair of KRK Rokit 5 Studio Monitor Speakers with Two 18-Foot XLR Cables: Musical Instruments

Amazon.com: M-Audio BX5 D2: Musical Instruments

if you can, go to a guitar center and test both out. 2 guitar centers in my town have all of their display monitors hooked up to a rack, and if you bring in an iPod or any mp3 player with an aux input they are more than willing to let you demo each speaker side by side with your music. after trying out about 10-12 options in my price range, i went with the m audio bx8 s. they sounded better than the rokits IMO. some ppl see the rear porting of these as a downside, but as long as you reference through headphones while recording, you won't have a problem with "false" bass response. and last time i checked guitar center has a sale on m audio products. i snagged the pair for 330$...