wakjob

Reaction score
I would also consider the Carvin TS-100. It is suppose to be very neutral and not color much.

Had one with my Axe Fx.... boat anchor.

The Return on my Blackstar HT-5 sounded better.

The Carvin is HEAVY!, and dead sounding in stock form. Good tubes and a bias mod might have woken that amp up, but I wasn't into wasting the bench time or money. It was 'flat' sounding, I'll give it that.

Much better choices out there.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
Had one with my Axe Fx.... boat anchor.

The Return on my Blackstar HT-5 sounded better.

The Carvin is HEAVY!, and dead sounding in stock form. Good tubes and a bias mod might have woken that amp up, but I wasn't into wasting the bench time or money. It was 'flat' sounding, I'll give it that.

Much better choices out there.
Interesting. I havent tried one, but always thought about trying one.

I usually use an ART SLA-2 or the power amp of my Triple Recto....

wakjob

Reaction score
You know this reminds me. There was a Hughes & Kettner solid state power amp that was half rack... CF 100, CF 200, and a 1-rack space CF-260? I think.

Pretty punchy from what I've read.

Just throwin' out more ideas.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I specifically didnt want a neutral amp with my gsp. Why I did some research and bought what I did. Watched my buddy play a gig with a cranked 78 Marshall JMP mk2 50w and was floored. From what I read my 9005 is dual 800 power plants.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I had an old Mesa 50/50 and tbh liked it more than my friend's VHT 2/50/2 that he had. It definitely colored the sound a little bit, but in a way that I really liked. It was nice and punchy. They are kinda highish but can be had for 400ish used every now and then. I'd still go for the Peavey though if you want a tube power amp at all. They would be more than sufficient and plenty loud.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
How do the Carvin HD power amps compare to the DCM ones?
I haven't used the HD ones, but I did a lot of research on them. They seem to have issues from time to time. I believe they are made overseas, thus the lower price. However, the DCMs are USA made & built like a tank. They used very high grade components & you can't go wrong with those.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well since they seem to get better reviews than the Rocktrons and ARTs in the same price range, I like the sound of that. $350 for a USA-made DCM1000L doesn't sound bad at all. :lol:

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
i own a DCM1000L. It sounds great with everything and as stated. Built like a tank. Military grade hardware you can't go wrong for the price

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Daxten

Reaction score
Okay I'm getting the POD HD500!! :)
I am super excited, but also a bit worried line6 will bring a new POD right after christmas.. is there any info swirling around about a new POD?

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I am super excited, but also a bit worried line6 will bring a new POD right after christmas.. is there any info swirling around about a new POD?

Pre-Welcome :D I don't think they'll release some new devices. I hope they will release a firmware update as Xmas present :lol:

Shask

Reaction score

I haven't heard anything about new PODs, and frankly the HD's still have room for improvement, so they better be on that!

Besides, old isn't bad... I have an older Axe-FX, it still sounds awesome even though it isn't the newest :)