This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Floppystrings

banned
Reaction score
Nice skills!

It may be that the HD500 just isn't for you, it seems that some people have a rough time dialing in some tones they like.

If you are playing through studio monitors you will hear much more clarity, high ends, and mids compared to a regular guitar cab, the sound can be very flat. Keep in mind, studio monitors are designed to make the bad sounds stand out, so they can sound pretty harsh at times.

Chuck

Reaction score

I'll have a quick listen. I'm at the airport on my way to Mexico though, so no promises! Lol

EDIT: now that I look it isn't a sound clip...

My advice would be as long as you aren't looking for a dedicated dry out, to get the hd500. The idea of a rack mount is nice, but if you need the floorboard anyway, you might as well have it all in one package.

Your not missing out on any processing power. If you were going 100% rack mount with a power amp, and no floorboard, it would be the other way around.

I would say save yourself the $200 like I did.

All right cool, hey thanks man, I appreciate it

But hey quick question, open to anyone:

What would a dedicated dry output do anyway? That's something used in the recording process, si?

HoKrll

Reaction score
This is something I wrote/recorded in about 4 hours today. Copy/pasted a bunch just to get the template for when I can spend more time on it.
But the patch is the Metal setting that comes stock with the Pod HD. Bass using the rock wet bass patch, or something like that. Doesn't sound too bad for stock settings.

https://soundcloud.com/robert-coddington/daryl

Chuck

Reaction score
This is something I wrote/recorded in about 4 hours today. Copy/pasted a bunch just to get the template for when I can spend more time on it.
But the patch is the Metal setting that comes stock with the Pod HD. Bass using the rock wet bass patch, or something like that. Doesn't sound too bad for stock settings.

https://soundcloud.com/robert-coddington/daryl

Yeah dude that sounds killer, nice work, nice riffage :shred:

Cerebrum358

Reaction score
Just got my POD HD Pro this week. I was incredibly skeptical at first since all the presets sound like a wet fart through a plastic bag. After some tweaking, I got some badass tones out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to set eq's, FX, etc. in the effects loop? Before or after the amp models, between the amps and mixer? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Looking for some high gain/djent and clean tones.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
hey guyz coudl you hepl me with da Dyentz? :djent:

naah, Im kidding, but could anyone help me with this....kind of reaaaally saturated clean :D?

is at 2:40

HoKrll

Reaction score
im having a hell of a time getting a large clean sound. It always sound flat and thin. Putting the POD in front of my peavey XXX sounded amazing on clean though. The tubes gave it such a ballsy presence.

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Hey y'all, my bean is clipping!
I just have a emg 808 equipped guitar plugged into the input, and a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter with a set of passive headphones plugged into the headphone port.

Any patch I try, even one that has nothing in it, if I hit the strings with some intensity, i'll get a lot of digital clipping. I tried every combination of input and output settings I can find, and tried dialing various volume knobs on the amp, mixer and the master volume knob on the face, and nothing helps.

I tried to record to see if it's just the headphone output clipping, but it shows up in the recording too.

Any ideas?

Zehailiu

Reaction score
Tried 2.1 and 2.02, no difference.
I'll try some older versions tomorrow, I'm hoping I don't have to go back to some much older one with a lot less features and worse modeling quality just so I can get rid of the clipping...

spadz93

Reaction score
try to figure out when the problem arose, and then figure out if you changed anything around that time period

Zehailiu

Reaction score
I only had it for a few weeks and this is the first time I really sat down in a quiet place to tweak it, maybe it was there all along? I can't say for sure...

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Sounds awesome!!!

How do you get it this tight?
Did you use the hard gate in the POD?

Thanks!

Used 2 Noise Gates (not hard) 50 thresh and 0 decay

1 placed first in the chain and 1 placed after the mixer last in the chain

Tube Comp and Parametric EQ and line 6 drive

lastly

FBall with V30 and Hiway Dual Cab

wakjob

Reaction score
im having a hell of a time getting a large clean sound. It always sound flat and thin. Putting the POD in front of my peavey XXX sounded amazing on clean though. The tubes gave it such a ballsy presence.

This is where most modeler's still lack. They haven't captured that 2nd harmonic yet. The guitar's signal is still gain dependent with modelers.

They are getting better though! I'm getting more and more impressed with the clips I've been hearing of the HD.

wakjob

Reaction score
I have a question for HD users about note cancellation:

With a healthy amount of gain, if you hit the low E string then immediately hit the B or high E string, do they kinda cancel each other out?

It's the thing I don't like the most about the x3. Its not that bad, but enough to bother me.