This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zulphur

Reaction score
Absolutely, theres is a spot for a solo ( i suck at that) , im gonna record the vocals and do the final mix and i will send the track to you : )

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely, theres is a spot for a solo ( i suck at that) , im gonna record the vocals and do the final mix and i will send the track to you : )

im not the greatest at solos either, but i can come up with some melodic shit. if you ever have a few riff ideas that you wanna collaborate on let me know. also, you should upload that patch so i can dissect it lol

RedSkull

riffs master
Reaction score
I will now do a video on how I play my new song each time I make a new one (since I got my Canon 60D). Heres the one for the song I posted on may 26th in that same thread.

POD HD + METAL MACHINE + SCHECTER 8 STRINGS

Poltergeist

Reaction score
So is it really true that recording with another audio interface ( let's say an Mbox; using XLRs) with your POD HD will degrade the sound quality of the overall mix as opposed to just using the POD HD itself as your audio interface? I haven't done too much recording with my POD since I got it but was wondering what you guys use/suggest.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
So is it really true that recording with another audio interface ( let's say an Mbox; using XLRs) with your POD HD will degrade the sound quality of the overall mix as opposed to just using the POD HD itself as your audio interface? I haven't done too much recording with my POD since I got it but was wondering what you guys use/suggest.

It depends on the interface. The issue is that your converting the analog signal of your guitar into a digital signal from your pod, to an analog output into a seperate interface which converts it to digital again.

If you use an interface that has a digital input, you can cut out some conversions which gives you better quality. The main reason guys run their pods into seperate interfaces is for lower latency.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
It depends on the interface. The issue is that your converting the analog signal of your guitar into a digital signal from your pod, to an analog output into a seperate interface which converts it to digital again.

If you use an interface that has a digital input, you can cut out some conversions which gives you better quality. The main reason guys run their pods into seperate interfaces is for lower latency.

Thanks for your input, Ricky. By the way your patches rock dude :hbang:

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Is there a way to "convert" HD500 patches to HD Bean format? I'm trying to decide whether to go for the Desktop or 500 version, since the bean is for 300 Euro's on Thomann now. D:

Insinfier

Reaction score
Is there a way to "convert" HD500 patches to HD Bean format? I'm trying to decide whether to go for the Desktop or 500 version, since the bean is for 300 Euro's on Thomann now. D:

Assuming the HD 500 doesn't have any major software features the Bean lacks, it shouldn't, it's as simple as editing the extension of the preset's patch file.

Make sure you have the "Hide extensions" option disabled in Windows.
HD500 is .h5e and the HD Desktop is .hbe

I've done this before, converting patches back and forth from the Pro and the HD 500.

So...

Code:
UberDjentyDeath.h5e

Becomes

UberDjentyDeath.hbe

If that doesn't work, for whatever unholy reason, you can get the Line 6 Edit software for the particular device and open the patch file to view its settings and copy them manually. Crude, but it works as a last resort.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Thanks. From what I've heard the HD500 has more I/O options, but soundwise it should be the same as the Desktop version, if I'm not mistaken?

Insinfier

Reaction score
Yes. I heard no difference from the 500 and Pro, besides form factor. I've read that the Desktop sounds just the same. :)

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Fair enough then. I'll give it some more thought first though, really want these 300€ to be well spent. Hard to be a musician and a poor ass student at once. :D