kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Welp...SATAN broke my HD500 lol

But no, my HD500 broke last night and estimated repair time for it is 5-6 weeks. I use thsi thing daily and that is way too long to be without the ability to record or have an amp sim.

It was a good run and I had some great times with it but I think it is time to move up to bigger and better things like satanic lunchboxes :evil:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Welp...SATAN broke my HD500 lol

But no, my HD500 broke last night and estimated repair time for it is 5-6 weeks. I use thsi thing daily and that is way too long to be without the ability to record or have an amp sim.

It was a good run and I had some great times with it but I think it is time to move up to bigger and better things like satanic lunchboxes :evil:

How long did you have it?

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I don't know if this is something that is an easy fix or not.....but I feel like with some patches it sounds like there's no "life" to the tone. I mean like a chord will only ring out for like 3 seconds and then start dying quickly. I'm use to tube amps and not having that problem lol. Is there something I can fix or add in there to fix that?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if this is something that is an easy fix or not.....but I feel like with some patches it sounds like there's no "life" to the tone. I mean like a chord will only ring out for like 3 seconds and then start dying quickly. I'm use to tube amps and not having that problem lol. Is there something I can fix or add in there to fix that?

Turn your gates down?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I tried that but then I get a bit too much unwanted noise. I guess I'll just have to do a lot of little tweaking.

Use a compressor at the start of the chain. Then it will keep your gates open longer and even things out.

Try the tube compressor with threshold at 50-60% and level at around 15% if it helps slightly try turning the threshold down lower a bit at a time.

Shask

Reaction score
Use a compressor at the start of the chain. Then it will keep your gates open longer and even things out.

Try the tube compressor with threshold at 50-60% and level at around 15% if it helps slightly try turning the threshold down lower a bit at a time.

I agree. I use the Tube Comp at the start of almost every patch. Thresh at the initial setting (50%?) and turn the level down to 5-10%.

All Line 6 gear has a weird feel to it like they try to overcompensate for tube dynamics. Like it has too much range and you have to pick super hard and notes don't ring out. The Comps help with this. I used to use a compressor pedal in front of the PODxt for the same reason.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
I have had mine almost 3 years now and going strong. You have no worries :)

Yeah it is a great unit for sure in the durability department! I am just seizing the opportunity to finally have a processor that can match my guitarists Axe II

EricSVT18

Reaction score
yeah Soundcloud is not letting me upload my periphery sound test because I have the instrumental version of Icarus lives playing behind me playing and it says its copyrighted. It let me upload my taylor swift cover though lol.

Shask

Reaction score
Yeah it is a great unit for sure in the durability department! I am just seizing the opportunity to finally have a processor that can match my guitarists Axe II

Are you getting a Kemper?

I have an Axe-FX Standard also. I use the HD500 as a controller for it all the time. I have tried and tried to replace it, but it just seems like it is so useful that there is no reason to replace it for the small amount of the money they go for!

GreatWhiteYeti

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about FRFR systems and figured I'd pass on a whole new thread.

Do you guys use a HD500 in a live set up? I'm thinking about a Line 6 L3 or a Mackie 1521/31 I have to compete with a loud drummer. Thanks for any help!

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
Are you getting a Kemper?

I have an Axe-FX Standard also. I use the HD500 as a controller for it all the time. I have tried and tried to replace it, but it just seems like it is so useful that there is no reason to replace it for the small amount of the money they go for!

I am definitely considering a Kemper or an Ultra. II is a bit out of my price range.

Hey guys, I have a question about FRFR systems and figured I'd pass on a whole new thread.

Do you guys use a HD500 in a live set up? I'm thinking about a Line 6 L3 or a Mackie 1521/31 I have to compete with a loud drummer. Thanks for any help!

You will be just fine dude!! I use(d) my HD500 with a QSC K8 speaker and I turned into the loudest at practice lol Live, I just run it direct through FOH.

GreatWhiteYeti

Reaction score
You will be just fine dude!! I use(d) my HD500 with a QSC K8 speaker and I turned into the loudest at practice lol Live, I just run it direct through FOH.

As much as this sounds nuts. I'm going from bass to third guitarist. We got a kick ass keyboardist and I wanted to be able to hear what I sound like in the mix? Do you have any suggestions as far as the lightest/sound quality/feel?

Edit: Forgot to say THANKS!

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
As much as this sounds nuts. I'm going from bass to third guitarist. We got a kick ass keyboardist and I wanted to be able to hear what I sound like in the mix? Do you have any suggestions as far as the lightest/sound quality/feel?

Edit: Forgot to say THANKS!

You are quite welcome!!

And the QSC K series is all I have experience with but it sounds killer and is quite light

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I like doing covers haha. this is Figure 8 by Ellie Goulding. The only thing that I actually had written for this was the chorus. The rest was just pretty much made up on the spot as I recorded. I'll definitely be going back and making changes/improvements and make it less sloppy.

We'll see how long soundcloud keeps it up because they keep deleting my stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/ericsvt18/cover004-1

Also, here's a quick tone test. It's Icarus Lives. I stop playing for a few seconds around the 17sec mark so you can hear their tone compared to mine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2ox9xxlrv5z6s5/cover002.wav