ayaotd

Reaction score
This is going to be an extremely noob question. How do I minimize the humming on my tone using the Uber amp? Is it due to the massive amounts of gain? I have read meambobbo's guide and started making my own patches, but it is a lot to take in/learn! I have made a patch with the Treadplate, and the Uber, started one with the ENGL but found it weak/could not get the sound I wanted. My other question is how do you guys use your noise gate? Do you use it so there is no unnecessary humming? Would that solve my problem with the uber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Weird question...

What kind of delay and settings do I have to use to get that delayed, lead tremolo-picking sound that Lee Malia and Jona Weinhofen use in BMTH? (You can hear it from 2:20 through about 2:58 in this song during the chorus. - They have used that sound in other songs and albums.)

(Shame about Jona leaving the band. But the band picked up a keyboardist, so I guess that's cool.)

Bumpage.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be an extremely noob question. How do I minimize the humming on my tone using the Uber amp? Is it due to the massive amounts of gain? I have read meambobbo's guide and started making my own patches, but it is a lot to take in/learn! I have made a patch with the Treadplate, and the Uber, started one with the ENGL but found it weak/could not get the sound I wanted. My other question is how do you guys use your noise gate? Do you use it so there is no unnecessary humming? Would that solve my problem with the uber?

I set my gates so that they only only when I play something. I only really play hard notes though. And I always use two gates.

You can download the patches in my sig to get an idea.

Purelojik

Reaction score
Reaction score

One hard gate at the very beginning and one at the very end, after the amp. I guess that was Meambobbos's idea since I took it from there. The hard gate works very well and according to Meambobbos, it doesn't colour the signal. Default settings should work fine unless you're getting some kind of interference in your guitar. Setting both levels (in and out) to the same makes the gating even more precise.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
One hard gate at the very beginning and one at the very end, after the amp. I guess that was Meambobbos's idea since I took it from there. The hard gate works very well and according to Meambobbos, it doesn't colour the signal. Default settings should work fine unless you're getting some kind of interference in your guitar. Setting both levels (in and out) to the same makes the gating even more precise.

I find that a gate at the very end does basically nothing. I always have mine at the start if the chain and right before the amp. If theres still noise, move the second gate around and see if it changes.

ayaotd

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I reread the portion on the guide on gate, and also read through the tips on here. Solid help as usual!

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score

- F.A.Q.

that gives you a run down of that setup. I've asked Jona a similar question and I'm pretty sure just a basic Boss digital delay DD7 before the amp can give you that sound, it's what I do on my patch to emulate that sound.

It's a sound that very popular in post rock/shoegaze, just suck a digital delay before your amp and play with the mix and decay. For leads I tend to have the delay set at 330ms with a 30 to 40 percent mix, I'd put them higher for a more 'layered' sound with lots of repeats.

Reaction score
- F.A.Q.

that gives you a run down of that setup. I've asked Jona a similar question and I'm pretty sure just a basic Boss digital delay DD7 before the amp can give you that sound, it's what I do on my patch to emulate that sound.

It's a sound that very popular in post rock/shoegaze, just suck a digital delay before your amp and play with the mix and decay. For leads I tend to have the delay set at 330ms with a 30 to 40 percent mix, I'd put them higher for a more 'layered' sound with lots of repeats.

Awh shit, you gotta be kidding me...the answer was sitting right there on a freakin' tumblr...

Thanks a ton xCaptainx! :yesway: I actually was playing with a digital delay set at a triplet delay and just playing with the decay and slowly pulling back on the time until I got it just about right. Lemme try your suggestion and I will continue tweaking and see what I get.

You rock man, appreciate the help! :metal:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
heres something interesting. Ola Englund is now charging 100 euros to make an axe fx 2 preset. genius. pure genius.

that being said, i will continue to give away my tones for free! (until i buy an axe fx2 but that probably a couple years away still)

hopefully tonight ill have a chance to make the Intervals patch. i downloaded both their ep's and im digging them quite a bit so it shouldnt be too difficult.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have heard about this yet, but peavey has a really interesting product called the musebox. It has Revalver on it as well as a drum machine. Oh, and it can run two vst plugins at a time. Revalver + ir loader? Might be a fair contender for the pod... Especially with the $1000 price tag. It's almost like a pod and a two notes torpedo in one box....

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys have heard about this yet, but peavey has a really interesting product called the musebox. It has Revalver on it as well as a drum machine. Oh, and it can run two vst plugins at a time. Revalver + ir loader? Might be a fair contender for the pod... Especially with the $1000 price tag. It's almost like a pod and a two notes torpedo in one box....

Currently checking out...

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I picked up the 2014 guitar world buyers guide so I'm now enlightened lol the musebox was one of the most interesting things in it for sure. The pod hd pro was in it as well, but that's not really anything new to us lol

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
not sure if you guys are still interested, but i went ahead and made an Intervals patch ;)

heres a sample!
https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/intervals-djent-tone-match
and heres the patch!
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/225238/

i only ask that you please share my music with at least one of your friends. im doing tone matching by request out if the goodness of my heart and dont ask for anything else in return. any feedback is appreciated as always.

if there is a tone that you would like to hear next, please inbox me with your suggest and put the band/tone in the subject box. this way i dont lose all of your requests!

ayaotd

Reaction score
What do you guys typically do to make a patch more "lead" like?
Also RickyCigs! Did you make a All Shall Perish patch or am I imagining that?