Reaction score
so i just got my hd pro, and while its not a replacement for my mesa mark v, its definitely stopped my gas for alot of other amps and effects and is definitely an amazing tool for writing and demoing. any tips for getting rid of that high end digitally fizz i seem to get? i believe in my first patch ive gotten rid of most of it, but i had to use eq's before and after. any other useful tips?

It goes beyond writing and demoing; you can make songs and records too. Read Meambobbo's tone guide and you'll get an idea on how to achieve good patches.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Just trying out a new HD500 Tone. No post-processing at all-straight recording from the interface. If you're interested in the patch let me know.

Excuse the poor quality.

meambobbo

Reaction score
so i just got my hd pro, and while its not a replacement for my mesa mark v, its definitely stopped my gas for alot of other amps and effects and is definitely an amazing tool for writing and demoing. any tips for getting rid of that high end digitally fizz i seem to get? i believe in my first patch ive gotten rid of most of it, but i had to use eq's before and after. any other useful tips?

my four quickest pieces of advice:
1) Mid-Focus EQ - it's got a low pass filter to trim or roll-off the nasty high end

2) Lower cab resonance and decay DEP settings - these can muck up the clarity of the tone. But this tends to make the tone a little thinner, so you gotta EQ out more top end

3) A little reverb or E.R. This can help the thickness lost from the above tip. Any kind of decay added to the tone is more likely to cancel high end than low end. Reverb is best because it's like a ton of delays.

4) Dual cabs - this gets tricky due to phase issues - check my guide in my sig for more in-depth stuff.

Reaction score
Got my new bass in the mail on Wednesday. Learned my first ever song (by another artist) on bass today (aside from my original stuff that I write and record). Took about an hour by ear.

So, I have been tweaking a bass patch for you guys using some DI files I already had recorded. But now that I have a bass for myself, I am able to get alot more work done faster. - The patch currently sounds very good when mixed with MY guitar tones..... It doesn't sound "as good" here in this cover video since the guys from The Contortionist have their own tones that are different than mine.

But it is still a good demonstration. - I will get up a video/soundclip of the isolated patch (including me scrolling the through the effects) up soon for you all.

I recommend listening to this through good speakers or through headphones to hear the full effect. (Those of you who know how bass playthroughs can be also know the trouble that mixing bass causes sometimes and can make it hard to hear.)

Reaction score
Haha I'm glad you guys are thinking of me ;)

To be honest, I've never even listened to them before. Give me a good song title to work with and I'll see what I can do!

All they really got is a five track EP. There is a video on Youtube of Aaron Marshall from Intervals breaking down a playthrough of a song as well as going through some of his patches on his Axe-Fx. (Good starting point.)

But to be honest, any real, stereotypical Djent tone will get you the Intervals-sound.

As for the lead, use a Bulb lead patch (Ricky uses it), but I also have a lead patch you might be interested in if you tweak it to match your pickups.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
All they really got is a five track EP. There is a video on Youtube of Aaron Marshall from Intervals breaking down a playthrough of a song as well as going through some of his patches on his Axe-Fx. (Good starting point.)

But to be honest, any real, stereotypical Djent tone will get you the Intervals-sound.

As for the lead, use a Bulb lead patch (Ricky uses it), but I also have a lead patch you might be interested in if you tweak it to match your pickups.

Tis a fine lead patch!

I just listened to some intervals. Sounds like chimpspanner. There's a fairly new song/video posted that the tone is quite different. Not sure if I should go for that one or an older one. I think it's called epiphany.

Reaction score
Tis a fine lead patch!

I just listened to some intervals. Sounds like chimpspanner. There's a fairly new song/video posted that the tone is quite different. Not sure if I should go for that one or an older one. I think it's called epiphany.

"Epiphany" is the closing track on their little EP.
Yes, the tone is different, but to my ears, it is not much....

Personally, I prefer the lead tone and rhythm tone on "Epiphany". (I think Aaron wanted that track to either standout and sound different...or he just probably got his Axe-Fx at that time and just continued recording and didn't want to re-record all the other songs. Could also be due to constraints on money and studio time. You never know...)

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I've been lurking in this thread for a while, waiting for that one day when I get a POD HD PRO and stuff, but seeing as how Line6 just released the HD500x, could this be a hint of a new rack unit?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
"Epiphany" is the closing track on their little EP.
Yes, the tone is different, but to my ears, it is not much....

Personally, I prefer the lead tone and rhythm tone on "Epiphany". (I think Aaron wanted that track to either standout and sound different...or he just probably got his Axe-Fx at that time and just continued recording and didn't want to re-record all the other songs. Could also be due to constraints on money and studio time. You never know...)

I couldn't find the video where he goes through his patches, but I don't need it anyway. I think this will be the next patch I post. I think I only need about 20 more plays on my YouTube channel ;)

On a side note, they're from Canada, so I like them even more now! Maybe after the intervals patch ill have to do a threat signal patch to honor my Canadian metal brethren!

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score
I couldn't find the video where he goes through his patches, but I don't need it anyway. I think this will be the next patch I post. I think I only need about 20 more plays on my YouTube channel ;)

On a side note, they're from Canada, so I like them even more now! Maybe after the intervals patch ill have to do a threat signal patch to honor my Canadian metal brethren!

Power to the Canadians! You should also do a good Protest The Hero one! :idea:

Reaction score
Weird question...

What kind of delay and settings do I have to use to get that delayed, lead tremolo-picking sound that Lee Malia and Jona Weinhofen use in BMTH? (You can hear it from 2:20 through about 2:58 in this song during the chorus. - They have used that sound in other songs and albums.)

(Shame about Jona leaving the band. But the band picked up a keyboardist, so I guess that's cool.)

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
looks like i hit 2102 views today. as soon as i get a chance ill be making some tones! but only if you listen to my cover that i posted at the top of this page ;)

Edit: actually it was 2202 views! Woohoo!!!