meambobbo

Reaction score
it looks like i now have to tone match my own tone. i was playing around with some vst's tonight and got something that im really liking. the info is in the description on soundcloud :)

https://soundcloud.com/rickycigs/tse-x50-tone-test

that being said, the x50 is fvcking killer. and im also a big fan of the catharsis impulses. i actually used them on my very first recording project a few years ago.

yes, and i've always thought it'd be killer if l6 or others opened up an api or kit of sorts to allow excellent fellows as such to incorporate their creations into other platforms, but alas

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the Two Notes Wall of Sound vst sounds great even with only the two cabs you get in the demo. However, its just a beta and it froze my computer twice.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Just got my first pod hd, it's a 300, I wish I had a 500 but I couldn't afford it now, anyway, I got it real cheap and I was wondering if you guys have any kind of link with patches for it, tips and stuff like that... :yesway:

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Just got my first pod hd, it's a 300, I wish I had a 500 but I couldn't afford it now, anyway, I got it real cheap and I was wondering if you guys have any kind of link with patches for it, tips and stuff like that... :yesway:

I would jump in on this, but I'm trying to not be such a rude asshole lately...

That being said, it would really help to know what type of tone your going for.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I would jump in on this, but I'm trying to not be such a rude asshole lately...

That being said, it would really help to know what type of tone your going for.

I would like to find some presets that resemble Deftones stuff, clean effects, delays, etc. I would also like to find a good djent preset, I don't really listen to much of it, but it's fun to do some riffs and stuff. I only asked about it because the thread is gigantic and I don't really know where to start (I might end up reading the entirety of it in two days) lol. I really like the POD, it's awesome :hbang:

Reaction score
I would like to find some presets that resemble Deftones stuff, clean effects, delays, etc. I would also like to find a good djent preset, I don't really listen to much of it, but it's fun to do some riffs and stuff. I only asked about it because the thread is gigantic and I don't really know where to start (I might end up reading the entirety of it in two days) lol. I really like the POD, it's awesome :hbang:

Yeah you should have saved up the extra cash and gone for the 500.. The 300, while not completely useless, is going to make you feel limited in a fairly short amount of time. You'll feel like you need to upgrade inside of 6 months.

That being said, here's the customtone page for the Pod HD 300... You could start looking there for tones that you want.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

Screamer into f-ball

Screamer settings:
Drive 0%
bass 45%
Tone 75%
Treble 60%
Level 80%

F-ball
Drive 30%
Bass 50
Mids 70-80
Treble 70-80
Presence 70

Master 65
Sag 0

Start from there. Try the xxl can with either 409 or 57 on axis. Beyond that I can't help you as I have no idea what you can (or should i say cant)do on the 300

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Yeah you should have saved up the extra cash and gone for the 500.. The 300, while not completely useless, is going to make you feel limited in a fairly short amount of time. You'll feel like you need to upgrade inside of 6 months.

That being said, here's the customtone page for the Pod HD 300... You could start looking there for tones that you want.

I'll probably buy a 500 when I travel to the States. These things are stupidly expensive in Brazil and the dollar is at an all time high here, add the monstruous taxes and even the 300 is really expensive. I was able to catch this unit that was used, but hardly used, and it's good so far. I might sell it later and get a 500 when I travel to the states next year but I just can't justify the amount of cash that stores here charge for a 500, it's obscene. With the cash they ask for a 500 here, I could almost buy an AxeFx in the US. Also, I'm just a bedroom guitar player :lol: I don't have a band and I'm not really planning to record anything with it, it's just for fun. hehe

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
It definitely sounds great. What amp model/cab/mic are you using?
Thanks!!!

The patches I'm using are so simple, it's almost stupid. One side is a screamer into dual uber amps. One with the XXL cab and 57 on axis and the other with the treadV30 cab with a 57 on axis. The other side is a screamer into dual L6 Elektrik amps. One with treadV30 cab with a 57 on axis the the other with the XXL cab with a 409 mic.

No post EQ in either chain. I challenged myself to dial something in without it for a change. I think is sounds more natural that way.

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

The patches I'm using are so simple, it's almost stupid. One side is a screamer into dual uber amps. One with the XXL cab and 57 on axis and the other with the treadV30 cab with a 57 on axis. The other side is a screamer into dual L6 Elektrik amps. One with treadV30 cab with a 57 on axis the the other with the XXL cab with a 409 mic.

No post EQ in either chain. I challenged myself to dial something in without it for a change. I think is sounds more natural that way.

Don't worry, I work my patches almost the same way as you; without pre/post eq, thinking like if was a chain in real life. I'm near finishing the mixes for my new EP, still mastering ahead, but soon I'll paste something here for you to check out my work.

I don't mean to defy meambobbo's and Ricky's ways; I've learned a lot reading their suggestions, but I prefer to leave any kind of EQ for the mixing stage, as it would in a real recording process. When I make a patch I aim for real amp sound, something I would expect in a practice/rehearsal or even live situation. Still, I have a long way to go as regards to experiment with dual amps, like you've done in these patches.

I hope I can finish mixing and mastering my songs soon so I can go back to the quest for more good tones.

By the way, I know the Axe FX should sound better or "ball-ful" as somebody stated before, but if you need a reminder of how good a POD can sound, you should listen to "Digimortal" then. I think the POD has way more life than some people can expect. If my mixes end up the way I expect, I'm sure I'll use it for many years to come.

thebunfather

Custom Monkey
Reaction score
Don't worry, I work my patches almost the same way as you; without pre/post eq, thinking like if was a chain in real life. I'm near finishing the mixes for my new EP, still mastering ahead, but soon I'll paste something here for you to check out my work.

I don't mean to defy meambobbo's and Rickys ways; I've learned a lot reading their suggestions, but I prefer to leave any kind of EQ for the mixing stage, as it would in a real recording process. When I make a patch I aim for real amp sound, something I would expect in a practice/rehearsal or even live situation. Still, I have a long way to go as regards to experiment with dual amps, like you've done in these patches.

This is actually the fist time I've taken this approach. I'm finding it's easier to mix after the fact. It's probably a little more work, but allows me to be a little more flexible with the mixes.

Can't wait to hear your mixes, though. Definitely post up some links!