OWHall

young scoundrel
Reaction score
So, those of you who are running your HD Pros through cabs, what power amps are you using?
Has anybody found a good one for reasonably cheap? (ie under £300 GBP)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Here's a recording that I've been working on with the HD Pro. The tone that I used wasn't included in the intro, but the rest of the song is all done with the same tone.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
I hope this is ok since theres more than 290 pages.

Im after a semi scooped, death metal'ish sound for recording. Most of my own sounds are quite mid heavy, and as soon as i turn the mids down, i think they start to suck.

I want a scooped, but still bottom tight tone.

Can any of you send me a l6 file of a tone like that.
I use the HD PRO

THANKS!

dickandsmithh

Reaction score
Anybody made some good rock tones for the HD Pro?? Been trying diff ideas by combining a Mesa Boogie and a Marshall to try and get a thick tone that has some clarity. Any ideas for something different or using different cabs and mics?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I hope this is ok since theres more than 290 pages.

Im after a semi scooped, death metal'ish sound for recording. Most of my own sounds are quite mid heavy, and as soon as i turn the mids down, i think they start to suck.

I want a scooped, but still bottom tight tone.

Can any of you send me a l6 file of a tone like that.
I use the HD PRO

THANKS!

Treadplate with xxl cab and 409 mic. Bring the low cut to somewhere between 80 and 120hz. That will give you the starting point your after.

ScottyB724

Reaction score
So I moved recently and haven't had my guitar stuff set up in like a month, but now my alto ts115a hums insanely loud whenever my pod hd500 is connected to my laptop via usb. I don't remember it doing this before I moved. It completely goes away when I unplug the usb from my laptop. Any suggestions to get this to go away other than just leaving the usb unplugged, because I much prefer to change patches like that, as opposed to on the pod itself.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Sounds pretty damn good to me dude!

Thank ya! Although I feel like it's missing something. Likewise, I feel like there's something missing from the rock/Tool-ish patch I'm trying to dial in.

Also, where might one start when trying to make a TBDM-esque melodeath patch?

meambobbo

Reaction score
Another eq trick is to use a parametric with a higher q like 65-75% and freq around 700-800 hz which is around 45%. Scoop that a bit and it wont suck the life out of your tone, but you still cant go too low or you will disappear in a mix.

I also recommend lowering all the cab deps quite a bit other than low cut. This can leave the tone bright and dry. I like to reduce the highs parameter on the parametric until it sounds natural.

Edit: also some mild reverb or delay or e.r. Can thicken the tone up

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
So I moved recently and haven't had my guitar stuff set up in like a month, but now my alto ts115a hums insanely loud whenever my pod hd500 is connected to my laptop via usb. I don't remember it doing this before I moved. It completely goes away when I unplug the usb from my laptop. Any suggestions to get this to go away other than just leaving the usb unplugged, because I much prefer to change patches like that, as opposed to on the pod itself.

try plugging into a different outlet. or even just plug the alto into a different outlet. my pa speaker added a ton of noise to my pod just being plugged in. it wasnt even turned on....