that short guy

Reaction score
I'm not afraid of having to spend time learning the software/hardware, I'm beginning to enjoy that sort of thing with gear. However, I am afraid that if I get rid of my amp, I will miss it. Looking through Reverb.com, there are some desktop units for >$300, and a used HD Pro on GC for >$400. I wouldn't mind having the desktop AND the amp, but if I got the Pro and kept the amp, it'd be a bit redundant, right?

I recommend saving up some cash, buy a used POD, and not sell your amp. The reason being is while the POD is great I love it, still love it even though I've moved on to the Helix, you will eventually miss feeling reall air movement from an amp. Plus later on if you so wish, you can run them together as and pretty much get any sound you want.

Just my $0.02

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
Any of you guys know if there's a way with the HD Pro to switch in a DAW between the monitors being muted or not? I'm using Reaper.

For vocal tracking purposes. I also have my headphones plugged in to the headphone output on the front, and was hoping there was a way on the computer to flip the monitors on and off, rather than having to switch my monitors on and off manually. It may be a thing though where I'll need to invest in some sort of hardware solution for what I'm looking for.

meambobbo

Reaction score
Hey all.

Life has been keeping me from my SS.ORG addiction, but I am back and seek guidance...

Is there ANY WAY other than plugging my FBV into the computer and changing its midi functions via L6 Edit, to make the stomp buttons above the 4 patch buttons tons on the floorboard recall patches?

I want to get a midi board, but its SUCH a pain to program that stuff with the pod.

I am about to just fold and get the FBV MKII shortboard, but its gonna bug me that I am only using 4 of the 8 available buttons. My other idea was to just make each bank for each song, and always have certain buttons be certain effects, etc.

You would think a modeling company would make the board midi, but god forbid L6 made a business decision that could garner business outside their product line.

Let me know your thoughts on this, especially if someone is actually using a laptop live to control the functions of the floorboard. I have a tiny laptop i could easily use, but its one more cord to plug in. There is plenty of information on other floorboard options, but I want to see if the path of least resistance is one worth traveling.

Thanks in advance as always.

MeAmBobbo PodHD Guide - Wishlist

nope - i've had it on the wishlist for years.

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
Oh my F*ck the difference between pod hd300 via usb and recording it through an interface. Interface sounds so much better.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
MeAmBobbo PodHD Guide - Wishlist

nope - i've had it on the wishlist for years.

Wow Bobo thanks so much for getting back to me...

Unfortunately I am just going to get an fbv shortboard.

It's not worth mucking about with other midi controllers, and the ones worth having are 300 +.

I can live with having 4 buttons that do not hi g I auppose, I don't aDD effects to my patches on amd off I just make new patches.

Cheers.

Xcaliber

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I've scoured the manuals, meambobo's guide and the internet and I can't seem to get any clarity...or at least nothing that makes me feel better.

I bought a POD HD Pro X rack unit a couple of months ago and I'm having a love/hate relationship with it. Some days I feel like I can get awesome tones out of it through my DAW and others I feel like it's lacking for high gain settings (which I know it can do well from other posts and videos I've seen).

I have two questions:
1. I'm connecting the POD to Tascam US-1800 interface via one of the inputs on the back of the interface (input 11, if that matters). So I'm running Left line out on the back of the POD to line input 11 on the interface. Is that correct? Should I be running both the L and R outputs to two of the inputs (11 and 12) on the Line 6 instead? When I tried it I didn't really notice any difference...except when I try what I'm about to ask in my 2nd question...
2. When I try to run dual amps I seems I only get sound out of the "B" amplifier. If I mute the "B" amp I get a faint, somewhat clean tone out of whatever amp I'm using. Is that just the way the signal path runs or is it because of my single cable setup between the POD and the interface.

I read in meambobo's guide that when using only one amp I should go to the mixer and mute the B channel and center Amp A (instead of letting it be panned to the left).

I've been using mono tracks to record guitar in Reaper, but before the POD I was just plugging the guitar straight into the interface and using amp sims.

I appreciate any advice you can give on this. I've wanted an Axe Fx for a long time, but it's outside my budget so I picked up the POD as a less expensive alternative (I got it used for $400) and I really want to get it set up for optimal performance to record.

Xcaliber

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I've scoured the manuals, meambobo's guide and the internet and I can't seem to get any clarity...or at least nothing that makes me feel better.

I bought a POD HD Pro X rack unit a couple of months ago and I'm having a love/hate relationship with it. Some days I feel like I can get awesome tones out of it through my DAW and others I feel like it's lacking for high gain settings (which I know it can do well from other posts and videos I've seen).

I have two questions:
1. I'm connecting the POD to Tascam US-1800 interface via one of the inputs on the back of the interface (input 11, if that matters). So I'm running Left line out on the back of the POD to line input 11 on the interface. Is that correct? Should I be running both the L and R outputs to two of the inputs (11 and 12) on the Line 6 instead? When I tried it I didn't really notice any difference...except when I try what I'm about to ask in my 2nd question...
2. When I try to run dual amps I seems I only get sound out of the "B" amplifier. If I mute the "B" amp I get a faint, somewhat clean tone out of whatever amp I'm using. Is that just the way the signal path runs or is it because of my single cable setup between the POD and the interface.

I read in meambobo's guide that when using only one amp I should go to the mixer and mute the B channel and center Amp A (instead of letting it be panned to the left).

I've been using mono tracks to record guitar in Reaper, but before the POD I was just plugging the guitar straight into the interface and using amp sims.

I appreciate any advice you can give on this. I've wanted an Axe Fx for a long time, but it's outside my budget so I picked up the POD as a less expensive alternative (I got it used for $400) and I really want to get it set up for optimal performance to record.

Nothin' eh?

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
I have no clue. I saw a guy doing it in a video and was like...hmm? Tried it and it rules. It's basically the sound I was after with impulses but minus the impulses.

Xcaliber

Reaction score
I've noticed that I get less latency from the drivers for my interface than the one the POD uses. That's why I plug into the interface instead of going USB from the POD.

prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
That is weird. I would like to hear the difference. Unfortunately I haven't got an audio interface to compare, but am very interested to hear some A/B samples or something alike.

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
That is weird. I would like to hear the difference. Unfortunately I haven't got an audio interface to compare, but am very interested to hear some A/B samples or something alike.

The thing is, I just tried to do one and now the USB from the pod sounds identical all of a sudden. I swear to you it sounded okay but not great the other day then went to sounding awesome when I plugged into the interface. I saw on meambobbos guide about direct mode as opposed to combo amp or stack amp or whatever...could plugging a cable into the right 1/4" out have switched it to direct mode? Cause that doesn't show up when I scroll through on the actual unit? I know it seems unlikely but that's the only thing I can think of.

Here's the A/B anyways. BC Rich Stealth with Dimarzio X2N tuned to C# -> Screamer -> Treadplate - 412-Gr25 cab -> 57 off axis mic. Zero EQ on guitars. Bass and drums are the same tracks and same midi files copied over.

https://soundcloud.com/mechanical-deviance/pod-test-interface-vs-direct-usb

prozak

Pathfinder
Reaction score
The thing is, I just tried to do one and now the USB from the pod sounds identical all of a sudden. I swear to you it sounded okay but not great the other day then went to sounding awesome when I plugged into the interface. I saw on meambobbos guide about direct mode as opposed to combo amp or stack amp or whatever...could plugging a cable into the right 1/4" out have switched it to direct mode? Cause that doesn't show up when I scroll through on the actual unit? I know it seems unlikely but that's the only thing I can think of.

Here's the A/B anyways. BC Rich Stealth with Dimarzio X2N tuned to C# -> Screamer -> Treadplate - 412-Gr25 cab -> 57 off axis mic. Zero EQ on guitars. Bass and drums are the same tracks and same midi files copied over.

https://soundcloud.com/mechanical-deviance/pod-test-interface-vs-direct-usb

Hm...to me it sounds as though you recorded only one guitar centered, or maybe two of them panned very close to the center in the second part :)

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
I very well could have forgotten to pan them. I did the first part the day I tried plugging into the interface to show some irl friends and then quickly did the second one today by just adding two tracks to the guitar bus and copying over the bass and drums. Point being it's the same tone now for some reason

pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
I know it shouldn't be different. And it isn't anymore apparently, but like I promise it sounded worse before I plugged in the interface. I wouldn't have come in here and posted about it if it didn't. At this point I'm just confused as to what's different, because I never touched the settings or anything.

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
I am having latency issues with my newly acquired POD HD (bean). I have it connected to my UX1, which I have been using as my audio interface, which sends the audio out to my monitors. When using direct monitoring, the latency is very noticeable, I can't record well with it. I've already set the buffer size the extra small, but this didn't help. How can I resolve this? I have never had any latency issues using the UX1 and POD Farm before...

that short guy

Reaction score
I am having latency issues with my newly acquired POD HD (bean). I have it connected to my UX1, which I have been using as my audio interface, which sends the audio out to my monitors. When using direct monitoring, the latency is very noticeable, I can't record well with it. I've already set the buffer size the extra small, but this didn't help. How can I resolve this? I have never had any latency issues using the UX1 and POD Farm before...

Don't use the UX1. It's not needed because the pod will do the exact same thing it can. Right now you're routing your signal way more than you need to.