pastanator

electronic musician
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think the patch my grind band has been using for recording vocals for our demo is just a pitch glide, reverb and a compressor. I don't think theres an amp. We've been using the HD bean though, not the 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

J-RAMONES

Reaction score
Hey, I've had my HD500 for about 2 or 3 weeks. I love this thing so far!

But I've been interested in trying to record vocals through it, and was wondering if anybody could offer any advice.

Is there a specific amp model to assign for vocals? Or do you just plug in an XLR input? I'm rather confused by a majority of this unit so far, and I've been stumbling through :lol:

Any and all help appreciated, thanks everyone!
no amp model but there is a comp that works as a mic preamp i think it is the tube comp.its great and add a plate reverb too

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
you have to make sure 1 of your inputs is set to mic. Near the mic input is a tiny little knob that acts as a mic volume. If all else fails check the mixer and pan them around. if your output source is say on the Left Channel and your path B is used for your microphone, then that has to be coming out of the right Channel if the pans are not centered, and you wouldn't hear it

Xcaliber

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched and searched and even posted this in another thread (sorta), but I can't figure it out.

I currently have my POD HD Pro X connected to my TASCAM US-1800 (USB) interface via 1 of the unbalanced out 1/4" connections (left one I believe?) to a 1/4" input (input 11) on my US-1800. I record guitar in mono so I only connected 1 output to 1 input, but I'm wondering two things now:

#1. Should I run both the left and right to the interface? Seems like it wouldn't matter unless I wanted to record in stereo
#2. Should I be using the Balanced outputs/inputs instead of the unbalanced?

I read that the unbalance outs on the POD will sum to mono if you're using only one of them, but the balanced will not. I guess that's the ultimate question here, what will that mean to my setup and how I record now?

Here are pics of the back of the POD

and the back of the 1800

BlackFalcon17

Reaction score
I've had my POD HD for about 2 weeks now, and this is what I've come up with. Just want to hear your opinions. I'm using the treadplate and XXL cab with the 57 on axis. I'm only using one amp because I like having the option to record a dry track. Bass is the B-Man nrm. 410 tweed and 67 condensor/solo 100 OD (no cab) https://soundcloud.com/chukwu-uduka/pod-hd-test-1

jeremyb

Reaction score
Getting an AMT Pangaea to use with my HD500X, can't wait, had a play with some IR's on my macbook with the HD and it made a huge difference!

Daevasmodeus

Reaction score
Anybody know of an existing patch that mimics an Ampeg VH-140C / Crate GX-130C tone? Or could anyone suggest an amp model/boost combo that might get me started in capturing an old solid state death metal tone with an HD Bean?

Metropolis

Reaction score
Got amazing tones with this method represented in video below. Treadplate or F-ball Pre amp from Pod HD 500X, with noise gates and tube screamer. Without any Pod's eq in here. Of course you can experiment what works for your setup.

Power amp simulation is Ignite Amps TPA-1, and cab loader is Kazrog Recabinet 4 with Kalthallen SM57/V30 impulses. I have these in Reaper, but you can use any daw of your choice.

So, the signal chain would be;

In Pod HD: hard gate> screamer> noise gate> pre amp
In DAW: Ignite Amps TPA-1> cab loader with impulses
And post eq if you want.

The tone using Pod HD like this is miles better than in it's own :hbang: Tight, responsive, crispy and it will sound big when you record at least two tracks. Perfect for recording. It's still not AxeFX or Kemper, but please try it :rolleyes:

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
Got amazing tones with this method represented in video below. Treadplate or F-ball Pre amp from Pod HD 500X, with noise gates and tube screamer. Without any Pod's eq in here. Of course you can experiment what works for your setup.

Power amp simulation is Ignite Amps TPA-1, and cab loader is Kazrog Recabinet 4 with Kalthallen SM57/V30 impulses. I have these in Reaper, but you can use any daw of your choice.

So, the signal chain would be;

In Pod HD: hard gate> screamer> noise gate> pre amp
In DAW: Ignite Amps TPA-1> cab loader with impulses
And post eq if you want.

The tone using Pod HD like this is miles better than in it's own :hbang: Tight, responsive, crispy and it will sound big when you record at least two tracks. Perfect for recording. It's still not AxeFX or Kemper, but please try it :rolleyes:

Could you give us a quick presentation?

SDSM

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im currently fooling around with a Line 6 Pod Hd bean and finding that I am having a bit of trouble with noise from the hi gain amp sims.

I have asked around online, and people tell me to change the input to variax, however...The bean does not have that option. It also has no Pad switch/input for hotter pick ups.

Anybody have any tips on clearing up the noise? Without wrecking the tone?

Oh, and I don't abuse the gain either. I don't usually go any higher than the middle position.

Great Satan

Hell-o
Reaction score
Soft gate first in line possibly, also a tube compressor and raise the % slightly anywhere from 20 to 50 until the noise goes away.

bollevet

Reaction score
I am currently looking into buying myself a new multi effect unit, the Line 6 Pro HD X is my current choise (also looking into the gsp 1101) , as i've been using a POD XT Live for I think almost 10 years now, it is starting to malfunction.

I do however have one question about the 1/4 and xlr output :
Is it possible on the Pro HD X to send preset WITHOUT cabinet simulation to the 1/4 jacks output (for hooking up to a tube amp) and simultaniously send the preset WITH the cabsims on to the XLR outputs (to go to Front of House) ?

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im currently fooling around with a Line 6 Pod Hd bean and finding that I am having a bit of trouble with noise from the hi gain amp sims.

I have asked around online, and people tell me to change the input to variax, however...The bean does not have that option. It also has no Pad switch/input for hotter pick ups.

Anybody have any tips on clearing up the noise? Without wrecking the tone?

Oh, and I don't abuse the gain either. I don't usually go any higher than the middle position.

I roughly follow what this chap shows (worth looking at his channel):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8vnB7HO00

Also check here if you haven't already:
http://foobazaar.com/podhd/

(go to the tone section and there's tons of info)

I also go straight into my ISP Decimator II before the pod.

Akhenat0n

Reaction score
I am currently looking into buying myself a new multi effect unit, the Line 6 Pro HD X is my current choise (also looking into the gsp 1101) , as i've been using a POD XT Live for I think almost 10 years now, it is starting to malfunction.

I do however have one question about the 1/4 and xlr output :
Is it possible on the Pro HD X to send preset WITHOUT cabinet simulation to the 1/4 jacks output (for hooking up to a tube amp) and simultaniously send the preset WITH the cabsims on to the XLR outputs (to go to Front of House) ?

It IS possible to send presets with and without cab sim simultaneously, I'm 100% positive, but I'm not 100% sure regarding the routing you mentioned.

bollevet

Reaction score
It IS possible to send presets with and without cab sim simultaneously, I'm 100% positive, but I'm not 100% sure regarding the routing you mentioned.

Thanks for the reply, I've been scanning the internet trying to find an awnser my routing question. But to no avail. I've heard a Digitech GSP 1101 has no problem with this but I think (from the majority of threads i've read about this) the amps and effects sound better on a LINE 6 HD model (I have never been able to try them out)