PodHdBean

Reaction score
dont worry about them releasing a new pod they havent even fixed all the bugs with the hd im sure the new pod is still about 3 years away maybe 2
Okay I'm getting the POD HD500!! :)
I am super excited, but also a bit worried line6 will bring a new POD right after christmas.. is there any info swirling around about a new POD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Not bad. Very bass-heavy. It works, though.

On another note, we need to meet up, and play a show with my band and then your solo project, in that order.

Ha ha! Oh man! :D
We should do that!

I'll have to listen your music tomorrow (now it's sleepy time). Cheers!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to the party. Your about 10-15 pages too late on the firmware and about 50 pages too late on the input 2 discussion......

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
why I never had the input 2 problem? Is it normal to use "same" as input 2 or am I doing it all wrong this whole time?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
why I never had the input 2 problem? Is it normal to use "same" as input 2 or am I doing it all wrong this whole time?

I've always used input 2 as same with no problems. Now I have everything in path A though, so I don't think it even matters what input 2 is set too.

Shask

Reaction score
There are various opinions on that. If you use Variax instead of same it cuts the signal. Its as if same doubles the input signal, so you have to run your gain way lower on the amps.

I think it does make a difference, but you can generally dial around it either way. I think it is more noticeable on clean tones because it can cause them to distort more...

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Using "same" gives you a way too loud signal at the start of the chain, and there are phase issues, kinda. Use "Variax" if you can.

Allealex

Reaction score
Guys, sorry if it has been already said, but i really need your help: what do you guys use as drum software? Does anyone know a decent free software? I've recorded some nice stuff but i really need a drum software!

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I recieved a huge salary bonus from my job(i've been doing 3 peoples jobs for the first half of the year).

IM GETTING AN ENGL POWERBALL II NEXT WEEK!

YAY!!!!

Allealex

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice rick! :) really cannot spend 300 dollars right now (i'm going to buy my first seven so NGD incoming!)

Reaction score
Illegal software downloading is terrible advice. :squint:

ezDrummer goes on sale quite often, may be worthwhile to wait it out. And it's only $80 for the standard install anyway.

Shask

Reaction score
They just had EZD on sale for $40 not too long ago.

I got SSD4 Essentials for $20.

It is not hard to find a good deal on drum software....

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
UPDATE!

I recieved a huge salary bonus from my job(i've been doing 3 peoples jobs for the first half of the year).

IM GETTING AN ENGL POWERBALL II NEXT WEEK!

YAY!!!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

But seriously, I just sold my powerball 2. My pod can get way better tones, is less to carry, and can record in an instant instead of fussing with mic placement.

Or, I know this is blasphemy in this thread, buy an axe-fx 2. Still cheaper and once again, way better tones than the powerball. I'm pretty sure anyone on the forum would agree with me on this.

Or, you can do whatever you want, because I'm just some guy on the Internet that you've never met.

OR, I have a song recorded with my powerball and several done with my pod to compare on my soundcloud if your interested.....

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

But seriously, I just sold my powerball 2. My pod can get way better tones, is less to carry, and can record in an instant instead of fussing with mic placement.

Or, I know this is blasphemy in this thread, buy an axe-fx 2. Still cheaper and once again, way better tones than the powerball. I'm pretty sure anyone on the forum would agree with me on this.

Or, you can do whatever you want, because I'm just some guy on the Internet that you've never met.

OR, I have a song recorded with my powerball and several done with my pod to compare on my soundcloud if your interested.....

Well my pod is coming HOME with me :p Its currently in my practice space. I fell in love when i tried the powerball II.
Its kinda win/win. Because the pod comes home to do what it was intedted to do(record stuff with). The powerball will do what it does best. Getting cranked up and rock =)

Daxten

Reaction score
I've got an Opera 210D for my POD HD500, anyone else using that? Yay or nay? :)
I must wait trying it with my POD until christmas -_-