Allealex

Reaction score
Can i simply use some drum samples instead of buy a software? If yes, how can i do it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Well my pod is coming HOME with me :p Its currently in my practice space. I fell in love when i tried the powerball II.
Its kinda win/win. Because the pod comes home to do what it was intedted to do(record stuff with). The powerball will do what it does best. Getting cranked up and rock =)

Have you tried other engl models? If you like the powerball, then I'm sure you would like the invader a lot more.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but save you from buyers remorse. I loved my powerball at first, and ten ended up selling it for half of what I paid, basically being horribly raped.....

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
I have tried numerous engls. In band situations. I loved the blackmore. I liked the Fireball 100. I despised the powerball 1, fireball 60.. All the "old" engl models.
I havent tried the invader, nor the savage. I've tried the SE, and it was not me.
I tried the Powerball II and i found my sound. I cant really see why i should avoid it. We may have different Tone preferences too :p I play Grindcore, and i love a Cannibal corpse'ish tone. The powerball delivers that, to the max ;)
Im not a rock guy, i dont play indie, clean stuff or anything in between. Im not a super good guitarist, who wants to play every genre, just to do it :)

By the way. You're the first i know who did not like it :p Me and the other guitarist in my band we're absolutely blown away by the powerball II. We we're critical at first, because both of us hated the first version of it. But this beast won over 6505's, rectumfriers and marshalls. We we're in love :D

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I have tried numerous engls. In band situations. I loved the blackmore. I liked the Fireball 100. I despised the powerball 1, fireball 60.. All the "old" engl models.
I havent tried the invader, nor the savage. I've tried the SE, and it was not me.
I tried the Powerball II and i found my sound. I cant really see why i should avoid it. We may have different Tone preferences too :p I play Grindcore, and i love a Cannibal corpse'ish tone. The powerball delivers that, to the max ;)
Im not a rock guy, i dont play indie, clean stuff or anything in between. Im not a super good guitarist, who wants to play every genre, just to do it :)

By the way. You're the first i know who did not like it :p Me and the other guitarist in my band we're absolutely blown away by the powerball II. We we're critical at first, because both of us hated the first version of it. But this beast won over 6505's, rectumfriers and marshalls. We we're in love :D

If you google it, you'll see a ton of hate on it lol I actually sold my 6505+ to buy my powerball and regretted it ever since. I only ever play metal so I didn't need the tone options and only ever used one channel. And oddly enough I sold my dual rectifier to buy my peavey... I guess it's possible that I prefer a mic'd tone to a live one...

I tried it with several different guitars, with and without an OD in front, a couple different cabinets. It was good, but after I got my pod, I literally didn't even touch for 8 months, and when I turned it on again, it just didn't do it for me.

Why aren't you considering an axe-fx though if I might ask? you'll get the powerball as well as a ton of other killer options for the same price.

I actually ended up trying the hd series because I couldn't justify to my wife that I needed another $2400 piece of gear... No regrets on buying it though :)

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Well, i trust my ears over other peoples opinions :p
As far as the axe-fx goes, i can only say that i prefer the Pod's over them in the video comparisons i've seen on the net.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
As far as the axe-fx goes, i can only say that i prefer the Pod's over them in the video comparisons i've seen on the net.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

I liked the pod better in some comparison videos as well, but I think it comes down to the person tweaking it. It's pretty easy to make a bad sounding patch on the pod and the axe-fx.

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Its the same for most things :) And what pleases the users ears =)
Well the Army gave me a salary bonus this year on about 13.000(2243,78 canadian dollars)
So thats pretty much my budget. Im still A/B testing the amps in our practice room before i buy it. So i hopefully wont end up with something i dont like. =)

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Pretty much this. I love ENGL heads! I hope you make a NAD thread so I can be jealous and drool. :agreed:

Match it with a rectifier cab and some nice Bc Riches :p Oh and with a cranked volume, since its in our practice room, and not a bedroom(WHERE GUITARHEADS DONT BELONG!!!)

Paolosev91

Reaction score
talking about the variax/same debate, I am using the input2: variax and single amp in path A. So I have a strong signal hitting the amp and I put the pre effects (distortion,eqs...) before the signal splits so they don't clip easily like they do when input2:same is selected.
Great workaround for me. My pickups are high-output (especially my duncan distortion in the bridge) and they don't sound high-output at all with input2: variax AND amp in pre-position!
However, inp2:Variax and amp in PRE is very good to achieve super clean tones even with high output humbuckers! It's like using an attenuator

LivingTimmy

Timmy!!
Reaction score
Just did this tutorial on how to assign effects and parameters to the pedal and footswitches of the HD500. Its a really simple thing to do, but I figured that I shall help out the people who didn't know how to do this :D

PodHdBean

Reaction score
thats what everyone fails to realize :yesway:
I liked the pod better in some comparison videos as well, but I think it comes down to the person tweaking it. It's pretty easy to make a bad sounding patch on the pod and the axe-fx.

Insinfier

Reaction score
I want your patches, surfthealien. Killer tone. I have a Loomis sig in the shop. Staring at my Pod HD. I can't get the guitar back soon enough. :(

Nemonic

Reaction score
I bought 500 two hours ago, my prime guitar is stringless, so I have been plaing with my vintage telecaster and bass.
Setup:
Guitar
Cable
Guitar In
XLR cable balanced out R, TRS cable unbalanced left
Mixer, XLR input of my mixer, TRS input of my mixer
L/R out into monitors

I am not sure if this stereo setup works, what do you think? How shall i pan it?
My goal is to achieve bass sound, which consists of two separated sounds, first clean and lowpassed, second distorted and highpassed.
And the guitar sound that consists of two separated sounds, one of them is slightly delayed for achieving dual tracking effect.

Draceius

I hate everyone on this site
Reaction score
The line 6 thread is too long to skim through, 169 pages is too much. Someone just quickly help me decide which is worth getting, I'm a student, and I don't have much money so either help me pick one of the 2, or a better alternative that is in the same price range.

Thanks.

damico529

Reaction score
if your tight on money, get the 500. not much of a difference between the two.