Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Since I've never owned a tube screamer, and line6 added the bass and treble controls to the "screamer" model, what do you think are the neutral settings so that it sounds like the real one? I thought both bass and treble at 50 (drive and output should work as the real one, from 0 to maximum), but with these settings it sounds really trebly!

Merry Xmas

As far as I know, the neutral settings for any of the stomp box models that have additional controls are what they are set for by default when you first add them into the signal chain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Just opened for Straight Line Stitch last night and they were running Pro's with Velocity 300's thru Mesa cabs and it as incredible. Heard stage sound and out at the mains, pretty impressive. Guitarist on the right side of the stage was running the F Ball model, couldn't see what the girl guitarist was running. Now I'm torn between one of these and a Rockmaster pre.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
So i tuned to F and did this thingy.

What do you think of the guitar tone? ive been tweaking the patch too much now i've lost perspective. i like how it sounds. but im wondering if it can benefit from something else.

So I Tuned to F... is this dangerous? by SheHatesMyTie on SoundCloud - Hear the world

I was positively surprised, but let me make a guess: do you mix on a system with either a subwoofer or just lots of low end? Because the mix sounds great, but it's like it's just had the low end removed, with a little bit remaining.

If that is the case, then I recommend that you do this little trick: in your studio software, load up a song you think SOUNDS good, from any band, in a track, and solo it. Turn it up, and on the master channel you insert an EQ plugin and tune it until it sounds balanced. Then you record and mix your song with this on. Then afterwards, turn that EQ off. You will now have a recording that is compensated for your speakers.

Spike Spiegel

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Ive been looking at getting a pod hd 500 and was wondering if i could just plug it into a combo amp and have it be plenty loud? I'm lost after searching the internet and reading something about poweramps etc, wand was hoping someone could help me out.

Any help is appreciated:hbang:

Spike Spiegel

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Thanks!

Also I've been looking into getting a new amp and was wondering what kind of combo amps would serve the Pod justice? I assume i want a neutral sounding amp but i don't have any clue what amps sound neutral.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Or you could get a cheap solid state power amp with some juice to it (300 watts will get you into practice and gigging territory, 50-100 watts is good for playing around at home. It's not like with tube amps, where 4 watts will blast your face off btw, so it sounds more than it is. Then you need a cheap 2X12 cab (not filthy cheap though, get something "alright"). BAM! That's all the amplifier power you need right there!

Spike Spiegel

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
I'm looking to spend $800 or so, is it possible to get a good cab and poweramp for that price or should I stick with a powered monitor as mentioned above? The main reason I'm getting a new amp is for jamming with my friends and my current amp won't do the trick bc when I set the volume to more than 6 it starts to cut out

Reaction score
Ive been looking at getting a pod hd 500 and was wondering if i could just plug it into a combo amp and have it be plenty loud? I'm lost after searching the internet and reading something about poweramps etc, wand was hoping someone could help me out.

Any help is appreciated:hbang:

HD500 is prepared to work with combo amps, stacks, heads, direct/studio, etc. I'm currently using it through the main input of my amp so I only use pedals emulations of my pod; no amp, cabinet, mike emulations. When I use it directly connected to my computer or monitors, I use an amp emulation. The other day I plugged it to the power amp of my amp to try some preamp emulations, but I didn't like what I heard.

Insinfier

Reaction score
Is there a powered cab or powered monitor that can handle a bass guitar? I play guitar and bass, but the problem is that I can't seem to find anything that will be good for both.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I could just play through this with a pod giving it all the effects and it will sound good? It looks like a great option especially for the price. Also would the passive version work fine? I'm not sure what inputs/outputs would make it work well with a pod

Well the active version is powered already with 400w constant power. You'd need a power amp for the passive, so you should probably just stick to the active. And yes it's pretty much a giant speaker, you use your pod for all of the sounds and it amplifies the fuck out of it. :lol:
I have one and love it.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
So... got an HD500 for christmas, but guitar center seemed to sell it to my father without the DC adapter >< Anyone else have this problem or any alternatives?

MobiusR

Thall, that is all
Reaction score
Hey, so I don't post much but here's a latest test I did with the POD HD500. Used some custom sample in Battery and Superior Drummer too for some stuff. How can I make it better? A lot of post on each but nothing on master channel. I would like to make it really hard hitting on its own first.

https://soundcloud.com/brianpharai/december-2012-mix-test

Dude your tone is sick! can you share your patch or share your settings?