meambobbo

Reaction score
Thanks, Bobbo! I haven't been on the line 6 forum in forever! I always seemed to find info more applicable to my playing over here, but maybe I better check in at line 6 once in a while...

Well, the forum was kinda dead after that week of spam then being read only. Then they introduced a completely new one. It's a bit more slick than the old one. But I still don't spend much time there anymore. The pics came from a guy who just got a Pod. I think it's like his 2nd or 3rd post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I've just got bloody close to Slash's tone on the intro to Sweet Child Of Mine, with minimal effort, unbelievable. Love the HD500 (and my Carvin) so much.

Nemonic

Reaction score
Bobbo, I have checked that Stereo Delay. It has got L/R Time and Feedback, but the mix knob is for both channels. To achieve that 30 ms difference, I would need to set L to 20 ms, which is a minimal time, and the R set to 50 ms. I think it would sound as a crappy interface monitoring. It is possible that I would get it through setting the BPM to max and then messing up with those note length time signatures.
I like the sound that I get from Screamer, Q Filter, Uber and Hiway 57 On axis, sounds really badass. I am also starting to wonder again about that dual cab method to make it a bit beefier, just to try if it would not ruin that clarity. Has anyone tried Hiway 57 On/XXL 57 On? Am I right that there is no correction needed?

davemeistro

Reaction score
Infinity Gauntlet: Space clip

Here's a small clip of a little something I'm working on. I was trying to go for a Russian Circles kinda vibe for the middle part, but I'm not sure how well it turned out haha. I'm still working on the mix, but I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on, well, anything!

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Something a little different from the usual tones...

I'm just looking for some tips on re-creating these unique tones just for fun, to play along with :yesway: (not record)

Obituary:

From what I could see on other sites - potentially this stuff:
Guitar with Emg 81 (keeps the pickup low) > Rat Distortion (volume at 9 [of ten], filter in middle, distortion 'a little past halfway'), hush unit > 100 Marshall JCM 800 (midrange all the way down, gain cranked, treble/bass/presence almost all the way up, volume at three or four).

Entombed:

I know they were using HM-2 pedals cranked all the way up and JCM800, or possibly 5150's.

Anyway, something different to mess with :metal:

Got some time tomorrow to mess about with this but i'm temped to just grab an hm-2 mij if I ever get paid !

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Recently I had discovered what a HUGE difference the type/thickness of picks can make on your tone. By switching from tortex .88mm picks to .60mm I got a very favorable increase in crunch as well as what seems to be pick attack.

I also experimented a bit with the newer ernie ball cobalt strings. Having just received my new sets of d'addario in the mail, I'm noticing a difference in the tones that I tweaked with the cobalts on. I'm actually leaning towards the cobalts more (at least on my one guitar) I'm sure I can tweak what I don't like out of the tone though, as daddario's are much easier to come by for me and from what I've heard, last longer.

Also, tonight I was reading some very negative things about Monster guitar cables. Which I happened to have been using. So, I dug out my trusty 10 year old planet waves, and it actually made a slight difference. It wasn't overly noticeable, so to be sure I ran and a/b test through my spectrum analyzer and the planet waves cable was giving higher peaks across the whole spectrum. However my decibel levels didn't change on my daw's mixer. Leading me to believe that I'm getting a better response from the planet waves.

Why does this matter to you? Well, from the last 150 pages that I've followed, I as well as others have found out how different each persons setup can effect even the exact same patch. So what I'm getting at is that if your not getting the tone you like, maybe you should think outside the pod and experiment. You might find what you had been missing with something as simple as just a different pick or a set of strings.

I mean, you change your strings all the time anyway. What does one pack matter if you don't like them? If you get the exact same gauge in a different brand, your intonation shouldn't be effected at all, so what have you got to lose?

This has been Tone Tips by RickyCigs.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
I totally agree Ricky. When I play with my Pitch Black Jazz III's or my Devin Townsend V Pick ( :wub: ) as well as with new strings, my sound is amazing!

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
I wonder if it could work: take the headphones out of the pod hd500 and plug it in the "aux in" of an Orange Micro Terror.....since it does'nt have an fx loop! I'm pretty sure it should works!

What do you think guys?

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if it could work: take the headphones out of the pod hd500 and plug it in the "aux in" of an Orange Micro Terror.....since it does'nt have an fx loop! I'm pretty sure it should works!

What do you think guys?

As long as your master volume isn't too high on your pod. It will work fine with the 1/4" outs as well. It's not a stereo amp, so you don't need a stereo signal.

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
Hahaha! so true...i was thinking: aux in = ipod/mp3 = headphones... :nuts:

Thanks! i just have to find a Micro terror now....it seems to be out of stock everywhere in Canada.

VikingGuitar

Reaction score
Infinity Gauntlet: Space clip

Here's a small clip of a little something I'm working on. I was trying to go for a Russian Circles kinda vibe for the middle part, but I'm not sure how well it turned out haha. I'm still working on the mix, but I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on, well, anything!

This sounds awesome. The only criticism I have right now is that the guitar sounds a *little* muddy. Not by any great amount, and I probably wouldn't have thought so if I wasn't listening critically. Cool song, great sound!

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Who likes the idea of running the HD500 with a Two Notes Torpedo cab simulator?

I love it. If the cheapest one they made didn't cost as much as the pod, I would probably have one.

Hughes & kettner recently released an updated version of the red box as well. Seems like a pretty decent unit. Not nearly as advanced as torpedo though.

Chuck

Reaction score
I love it. If the cheapest one they made didn't cost as much as the pod, I would probably have one.

Hughes & kettner recently released an updated version of the red box as well. Seems like a pretty decent unit. Not nearly as advanced as torpedo though.

I'm not sure how exactly I would have to run it :lol:

But I'm thinking to save for one and maybe try score one used on the bay or something. I think it would be sweet as the HD's series downfall is the cab simulation to an extent, plus you have so much freedom to to whatever with the Torpedo.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure how exactly I would have to run it :lol:

But I'm thinking to save for one and maybe try score one used on the bay or something. I think it would be sweet as the HD's series downfall is the cab simulation to an extent, plus you have so much freedom to to whatever with the Torpedo.

That depends on what your running it into. You would just put it between the line out and your interface. If you were going direct usb, you could probably put it in the fx loop of the pod.

Chuck

Reaction score
Hmmm. Would there a way to run it live? Like to turn of cab modeling on the HD500 then just connect someway straight to the HD500 and play through my Alto?

davemeistro

Reaction score
This sounds awesome. The only criticism I have right now is that the guitar sounds a *little* muddy. Not by any great amount, and I probably wouldn't have thought so if I wasn't listening critically. Cool song, great sound!

Thanks man! Yeah, I agree with you on the muddiness, I think when I tracked the guitars the strings I was using were almost half a year old haha. Also I'm sure the fact that I'm using pitch shifted guitar for bass has something to do with it as well.

I'm definitely going to keep playing with it though!

Latest posts