This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daxten

Reaction score
Ive had the POD HD Pro for a few months now and I think im finally starting to figure it all out. I recorded a mix test of Early Grave by Architects to test out some new tones and techniques.

You can hear it here: https://soundcloud.com/rygar91/architects-early-grave-mix

I think the mix might be a little bit bass heavy in some areas cuz i mixed it quickly on computer speakers, but let me know what you think otherwise!

wow, that sounds very nice!
Mind to share any info on the patch or even the patch itself?

Rygar91

Reaction score
wow, that sounds very nice!
Mind to share any info on the patch or even the patch itself?

Thanks man! :wavey:

My pod is at a friends house so I cant get the exact patch but I kept it super simple and did any EQing and such I did in my DAW. I used the Fireball amp on the left side and the Treadplate on the right with XXL cab and off axis sm57 mic on both. Other than that I just had the tubescreamer with light settings and a noise suppressor.

Ive found its better to just keep it more natural and raw going in, everyone uses parametric EQ's and tube compression and whatever on the actual patches but ive found that makes them kind of scratchy and never sit well in the mix like I'd like. So I just keep it relatively normal so I can make in fit how I'd like in my DAW.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score

My pod is at a friends house so I cant get the exact patch but I kept it super simple and did any EQing and such I did in my DAW. I used the Fireball amp on the left side and the Treadplate on the right with XXL cab and off axis sm57 mic on both. Other than that I just had the tubescreamer with light settings and a noise suppressor.

Ive found its better to just keep it more natural and raw going in, everyone uses parametric EQ's and tube compression and whatever on the actual patches but ive found that makes them kind of scratchy and never sit well in the mix like I'd like. So I just keep it relatively normal so I can make in fit how I'd like in my DAW.

I found that once you decide how your normally eq your patches in your daw, your can get those exact same settings with the pod.

Rygar91

Reaction score
I found that once you decide how your normally eq your patches in your daw, your can get those exact same settings with the pod.

Yeah I agree with that, but its a lot easier just working inside your daw than taking the time to learn and figure out Line 6's weird percentages system haha.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with that, but its a lot easier just working inside your daw than taking the time to learn and figure out Line 6's weird percentages system haha.

Meambobbo has all the conversions posted on his guide for the eq's. I just use my ears after finding a starting point.

Working in the daw is easier, but once I find what works for a patch it's much nicer for me to just open the patch and it be ready to record rather than playing around with it.

chinnybob

Reaction score
I imagine this has already been covered, but does anyone know if Line 6 have any plans to add a 5150 model to the POD HD? The lack of one puts me off a bit...

PodHdBean

Reaction score
there are several ways to emulate this amp on the pod hd
theres a few patches in the thread
I imagine this has already been cov
red, but does anyone know if Line 6 have any plans to add a 5150 model to the POD HD? The lack of one puts me off a bit...

RedSkull

riffs master
Reaction score
New song, death melo trash and stuff. The mix is on the verge of pumping at some heavy palm muted places which normally never happens !? I changed my strings height , maybe its related. Sound is better on 720p and up I think

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
Hey guys! I finally got my Orange Micro Terror! Damn this little thing is so loud and cool looking!

Anyway, I plugged my pod hd500 in the "aux in" of the micro terror through my 2x12 cab and it worked like a charm. I had to dial up new patches because it acts a little bit different than in the return of my 6505 or an FRFR speaker. I also had to change the outputs from "studio/direct" to "combo pwr amp" in the settings. It makes me a really good home/practice rig!!

EricSVT18

Reaction score
So i'm trying to decide between the Line 6 HD desktop and the HD Pro. I won't ever be using either live. I would just use it connected to my computer with some monitors to play/record music. What would make the HD Pro worth the extra $300 over the HD desktop given what I would be using them for? Thanks.

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
So i'm trying to decide between the Line 6 HD desktop and the HD Pro. I won't ever be using either live. I would just use it connected to my computer with some monitors to play/record music. What would make the HD Pro worth the extra $300 over the HD desktop given what I would be using them for? Thanks.

I really doubt you'll ever need the pro unless you have a studio desk with the rack spaces right on it.

I have the hd500 and since I never use in on the floor, especially since my wife is having our baby any day now, I put mine on the pullout keyboard tray on my desk. It fits so perfectly. I think the bean might be in the way at times. If its always at your desk, you can tweak with hd edit if you can't get at the knobs as well.

Edit: here's a pic of part of my setup. Lets change things up and post some pics of our hd setups instead of soundcloud tracks for a bit :)
null-23.jpg

JoshuaKaroshi

Karoshi
Reaction score

I think I'm starting to get really close to that sound, but when you get a chance could you post the actual patch just as a reference? It sounds so full and heavy!:agreed: