MrYakob

Reaction score
Wait what..? you are running a pod through the power amp section of your 5153? :scratch:

No, I'm running the pod in front of, and in the loop of the 5153 as an effects only unit. All the amp sounds are coming from the amp but I'm using the POD's noise gates and Q filter as a boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MrYakob

Reaction score
I'm not thinking about going live at all. But i just talked to some people who work in studios and they suggested the Yamaha HS50Ms over the Rokit 5s. Said the Rokits sound better for electronic kind of music and the yamahas are more clear and crisp with better mids and highs.

Sorry for double post!

FWIW I went with the HS50Ms after A/B'ing them with the KRKs. The KRKs sounded nice but it wasn't quite a flat response, it seemed to add more low end which makes sense with the comment about electronic music.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
I'm not thinking about going live at all. But i just talked to some people who work in studios and they suggested the Yamaha HS50Ms over the Rokit 5s. Said the Rokits sound better for electronic kind of music and the yamahas are more clear and crisp with better mids and highs.

Yeah, I corrected that afterwards. lol I listened to the Rokits beside the Yamahas. The Rokits sounded better. There are comparison vids on youtube for them. I would check them out. They aren't audio comparisons per say because the people reviewing them understand youtube will kill the audio anyway. So check those out at least. Listen to them side by side in the store. GC should have them out on a demo setup. The HS50's have this weird upper midrange and are not a flat response either.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
I watched the video and I honestly liked the Yamaha's better. I guess it's just one of those personal preference kinda things.

nothingleft09

What... the... F@#k!
Reaction score
It absolutely is a personal preference thing. But no matter which way you go, I still recommend you go for something bigger than the 5's.

EricSVT18

Reaction score
Ok I'll see what I can bargain for with them. I'm not spending any of my own money. I've been going through gear a lot the last couple months without spending any of my own money and that's how I like to do it lol.

I'm about to go to GC now so ill try out some different monitors.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
No, I'm running the pod in front of, and in the loop of the 5153 as an effects only unit. All the amp sounds are coming from the amp but I'm using the POD's noise gates and Q filter as a boost

Fantastic! For a moment there I was like noooo... dooon't...

EricSVT18

Reaction score
WTF, I go to the Line 6 page to make an account so I can download the monkey program and I'm trying to make an account but it keeps saying error.

AaronGraves

Reaction score
I got a '96 Carvin Tube 100 the other day for my HD Pro and it sounds amazing through my Krank Rev cab! For those of you who use power amps with your PODs, is it better to have the master on the POD lower and the power amp higher, or the POD higher and the power amp lower? I'm new to using this kind of set up, so I'm not really sure if there's a right or a wrong way to play loud haha. If anyone can give me some insight, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks guys! \m/

RickyCigs

Banned
Reaction score
I got a '96 Carvin Tube 100 the other day for my HD Pro and it sounds amazing through my Krank Rev cab! For those of you who use power amps with your PODs, is it better to have the master on the POD lower and the power amp higher, or the POD higher and the power amp lower? I'm new to using this kind of set up, so I'm not really sure if there's a right or a wrong way to play loud haha. If anyone can give me some insight, it'd be much appreciated! Thanks guys! \m/

Do you mean the physical master knob on the unit? At 100% you get the best signal to noise ratio. Turn it up and your channel volume down if you want lots of power tube distortion from your actual power amp.