Chiba666

Reaction score
Hi guys question, just got round to unpacking my gear after a move and well my POD 500HD is toast.

Got to plug it in and nothing, no life in her at all. Power supply seems good, tried everything I can think off but nothing. Anyone know if this is a common problem?

Cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys question, just got round to unpacking my gear after a move and well my POD 500HD is toast.

Got to plug it in and nothing, no life in her at all. Power supply seems good, tried everything I can think off but nothing. Anyone know if this is a common problem?

Cheers

Is the power connector on the pod soldered to the board?

surfthealien

Reaction score
This is a great link! Thank you for posting that. Ive had my pod for over a year now and I am finally getting some sounds out of it i really like. Its always a work in progress however. Here is a fireball patch I did right after watching that video. The lead patch is still my old lead patch. Somehow the stars lined up for that particular editing session, so I have left it well enough alone.

https://soundcloud.com/surfthealien/quickie

Mess with the cab/amp deep editing parameters. The master volume, bias, sag, and cab resonance and thump are the key to a good tone.

FWIW, I think Meambobbo's patches are not very good. He clearly knows a lot about the unit, but his patches are pretty mediocre.

This is the best tone tutorial I've seen yet:

Jack Helliwell has a very good one too, just YouTube his name.

that short guy

Reaction score
New song, I recorded all of the guitar and bass tracks with the POD let me know what you guys think.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/night-terrors[/SC]

Chiba666

Reaction score
Is the power connector on the pod soldered to the board?

I have no idea, I'm not the sort of bloke that takes things apart as normall ythat makes things worse.

I plugged toe PSU back in this morning and the green LED on top was flashin as oppossed to what is normally(I Think) a steady green . DOes this mean the PSU is knackered?

I Hope so.

Cheers

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
New song, I recorded all of the guitar and bass tracks with the POD let me know what you guys think.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/i_get_bored/night-terrors[/SC]

Cut the mud out of the guitars, bass drum click is too loud, too much compression on the master bus. Vocals need more definition, more volume equalization and some reverb, particularly on the cleans. You've got a great foundation, though; just needs some tinkering :)

Reaction score
I have no idea, I'm not the sort of bloke that takes things apart as normall ythat makes things worse.

I plugged toe PSU back in this morning and the green LED on top was flashin as oppossed to what is normally(I Think) a steady green . DOes this mean the PSU is knackered?

I Hope so.

Cheers

Well, never seen that behaviour either. I've only seen green and nothing when it's not plugged to the POD. I was just asking because the input plug could have been damaged somehow, and maybe you could have felt it was loose. I have no idea what the problem is, but something is not working properly.

Venerable Sir

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a good guide on the 4 cable method? I'm particularly interested in being able to use it for effects only on my 5150, and then power amp only for a decent clean channel. Anyone have any noticeable tone degradation with all that extra cable and circuitry?

Chiba666

Reaction score
Well, never seen that behaviour either. I've only seen green and nothing when it's not plugged to the POD. I was just asking because the input plug could have been damaged somehow, and maybe you could have felt it was loose. I have no idea what the problem is, but something is not working properly.

Havnig had a slight wiggle of the input plug it does seem to have alot of play on it, os it may well ahve come unsoldered. HJave to hunt aorund ot find someone who can have a look and resolder it. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I ahve no idea what sup with the PSU, hoping its just becuase its not pumpin poiwer into the POD, will see when it gets fixed, there is acomputer place where I work that I will see if they have any techs that can have a quick look.

taysil11

Reaction score
WHAT SAY YE?! :hbang:

But seriously - anyone have strong opinion about these? I had some Line 6 ToneCore pedals back when I was a noob, and they literally just stopped working a month into having them. Not trying to drop 600 bucks on a rack that's shit.

I'm interested in having a GOOD amp modeler that isn't as expensive as the Axe-FX.

IdentityDevice

Reaction score
I just got a brand new eleven rack on ebay for $400 with no protools (but it is standalone now and doesn't require protools) and I also have the pod hd. I like the eleven rack A LOT more. something to consider man.

bcolville

Reaction score
I've had mine for about a year and a half. Absolutely no issues with it what so ever. That being said it has stayed put since I got it. But I have heard people have problems with the usb acting up.

eastguitar

Reaction score
Hi Friends!

This is a new mix test. I recorded this track with POD HD Pro. Greetings!!!!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/estebansoto/test-2014-nro-1[/SC]

taysil11

Reaction score
I just got a brand new eleven rack on ebay for $400 with no protools (but it is standalone now and doesn't require protools) and I also have the pod hd. I like the eleven rack A LOT more. something to consider man.

hmmm... looks like i have more research to do! thanks!