LiveOVErdrive's consolidated build thread

• Thread starter LiveOVErdrive
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cnc
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what is happening here?!
So a month or so ago I milled a tele body but the bit crashed and ruined it. However I figured out I can fit this body on the wood and all the routes will be hidden by contours. Though not quite as the route through the neck pocket is too deep. But I'll make that work somehow.

KR250

Build addict
Reaction score
I actually like the Sentient in the neck position for cleans, but that's about it. FWIW I also spaced it pretty close to the strings to get a hot sound out of it. Agree on the Nazgul for hugs and searing leads. I found the Instrumental pickups a bit more articulate and refined, but not quite as all out nasty.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit, sorry to hear about the original neck. I was looking forward to seeing the finished product, and I really loved the lines and carves of the body, especially with the grain of the pine. I really wish pine wasn't so soft because it could look awesome with the right grain and could make for nice guitar bodies.

redkombat

Tree Whore
Reaction score
by hand is very, very tedious. Even with my dozuki saw it took ages to cut a bookmatched top and that thing rips through wood normally.
I tend to do most my cuts by hand if I know the angles are going to be tedious or if the cuts are to be deep. jealous of the dozuki saw, that would be real nice for the amount of cuts I do by hand

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
I tend to do most my cuts by hand if I know the angles are going to be tedious or if the cuts are to be deep. jealous of the dozuki saw, that would be real nice for the amount of cuts I do by hand
they're relatively cheap tbh. I think I paid 30 usd for mine.

redkombat

Tree Whore
Reaction score
they're relatively cheap tbh. I think I paid 30 usd for mine.
30 isn't bad iive only seen them for 45 here. I use a $12 miller and a $20 silkie with replacement blades. book matching by hand always feels rewarding when you're done but it is always hard work

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I test fitted the bridge on the body and it looks like it overhangs the bridge pickup route a little bit. I think I may have placed the pickup a little too close.

I placed the mounting holes a quarter inch south of the scale length 0 position, per stewmac. That feels a bit too far north tbh. It puts the middle of the saddle adjustment a little further north than the 0 position, which seems wrong. I think I will move the bridge a bit south before I mount it up and that'll solve both my problems. Thankfully the original pilot holes will be hidden under the bridge plate.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Nice! Looks to be a top load bridge? Or do you plan to do string through body?

How you plan to attack the neck pocket being so long?

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Nice! Looks to be a top load bridge? Or do you plan to do string through body?

How you plan to attack the neck pocket being so long?
The bridge is an either-or type and I'm going to top load it for the ease of it.

The neck pocket is super long because I'm going to do a set neck and carve it to a smooth transition. So I just gave myself a bunch of material to work with. Let's me play with my chisels more.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Oh man, do love a set neck T!
Me too! I fell in love with a semihollow set neck Chapman Tele with p90s and unfortunately didn't get a chance to buy it a while back. Originally I was gonna do this one with p90s but then I used those in my strat so.... Standard Tele!

Never owned a tele of any kind so I'm excited.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Me too! I fell in love with a semihollow set neck Chapman Tele with p90s and unfortunately didn't get a chance to buy it a while back. Originally I was gonna do this one with p90s but then I used those in my strat so.... Standard Tele!

Never owned a tele of any kind so I'm excited.

Definitely my favorite design! Excited to see where this one goes