Loomis and Broderick - "Chris and Jeff Jerk Off" from Jaxx last night...

• Thread starter eaeolian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Brave played at my wedding. Does that count? ;)

No, because they're not a loud, obnoxious metal band. :fawk:

Side note: Dawn and I have been...uh, discussing...the music plans for the reception. I think we've decided we want two bands: one more suitable for the calmer part of the reception that involved the dancing and whatnot, and a loud, obnoxious metal band that will chase out all the old people. We're metalheads, but we don't want to chase out everyone but us, Division, and our friends thirty minutes in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Sick sick video. Chris is insane at sweeps and Jeff's alternate picking stuff was clean as balls. I gotta see if they're comin to Charlotte!

ohmk

Reaction score
I was there right behind the camera almost at the rail. I think it was my favorite show of my life so far! (And I've seen bodom, gigantour, and metallica)

the division guys were great too! i brought some friends of mine that aren't into metal, and they loved division and evergrey the most. kickass show!

ohmk

Reaction score
Oogadee Boogadee said:
Thanks for the support, bro!

Next time you catch Division, be sure to stop by and say hi!

James

I got to see you trying to sell your tickets before the show! hehe

dunno if you forgot, but this is that caleb guy, i bought my tix from you!

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
ohmk said:
I got to see you trying to sell your tickets before the show! hehe

dunno if you forgot, but this is that caleb guy, i bought my tix from you!

ahhhh, I remember you, Caleb - you bought 3 from me.

Dude, you're going to make my head explode. You have like 4 names now.... Ohmk, Omni, Belacs, Caleb. Hmmmm. A rearranging and acronymization is in order. COOB?

ohmk

Reaction score
Oogadee Boogadee said:
ahhhh, I remember you, Caleb - you bought 3 from me.

Dude, you're going to make my head explode. You have like 4 names now.... Ohmk, Omni, Belacs, Caleb. Hmmmm. A rearranging and acronymization is in order. COOB?

i know, im stupid. sooner or later i won't be able to remember usernames for all the places i go :nuts:

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i just got a high quality bootleg from an audience recording that has much better sound quality.

i will always love Loomis' aggressive "attitude" playing... but holy whores Chris has fingers cleaner and faster than fucking god!

Lankles

Fuelled by Chicken alone.
Reaction score
What is the deal with "HopePoisoned" and his comments? :noplease:

The thing that drives me insane is that people who spread contempt like that never risk exposing their own tastes yet they're willing to lambast everyone elses.

Slobberworthy video though. :hbang:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oogadee Boogadee said:
i just got a high quality bootleg from an audience recording that has much better sound quality.

i will always love Loomis' aggressive "attitude" playing... but holy whores Chris has fingers cleaner and faster than fucking god!

Broderick's technique is as clean as I've ever seen anyone do it. He's just insane.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Lankles said:
What is the deal with "HopePoisoned" and his comments? :noplease:

He's too stupid to realize that the tone is bad because it's coming through the mic on a camcorder.

Oguz286

Reaction score
Why cant i see Division and Nevermore wanking off on stage like you guys?!?! :hber: :rant: Damn my parents for not coming to America instead of Holland :mad:

Ah well, they sure 0wn my ass at playing :lol:

Spoongirl

Bunnies :wub:
Reaction score
jeff loomis is really outstanding, and the other guy too. I prefeer the "other guy's" tone, not too cutting and high as loomis.

anyway, I still don't know why I'm not into nevermore at all.

Oguz286

Reaction score
Spoongirl said:
jeff loomis is really outstanding, and the other guy too. I prefeer the "other guy's" tone, not too cutting and high as loomis.

anyway, I still don't know why I'm not into nevermore at all.

I too have no idea why you're not into nevermore while you should. Let me give you a few tips/whatever.

1. Jeff Loomis
2. Friggin awesome band
3. Terrific music
4. Jeff Loomis
5. Schecter Hellraiser
6. The big guy (Jeff)
7. Metal :metal:

and last but certainly not least: Jeff FRIGGIN Loomis :bowdown:

I guess that should give you the small push you need ;) Oh and you're welcome :cool:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I know why I'm not into Nevermore. I hate the singer's voice. I like everything else. The music is great. I just really don't like the singer's voice and the way he sings.

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oguz286 said:
I too have no idea why you're not into nevermore while you should. Let me give you a few tips/whatever.

1. Jeff Loomis
2. Friggin awesome band
3. Terrific music
4. Jeff Loomis
5. Schecter Hellraiser
6. The big guy (Jeff)
7. Metal :metal:

and last but certainly not least: Jeff FRIGGIN Loomis :bowdown:

I guess that should give you the small push you need ;) Oh and you're welcome :cool:

Dude... reasons 8 through 100 are Van Williams.

eaeolian said:
Broderick's technique is as clean as I've ever seen anyone do it. He's just insane.

i need to correct myself here... i was confused at who was who (i know - the whammy bar gives it away if anything)....

on the bootleg, it's Jeff who sounds super duper clean, when compared to the cell phone vid (of course, chris is still clean too, but the cell footage wasn't able to capture jeff's cleanliness as much b/c of mic distortion).

On the boot, Jeff's picking hand sounds phenominal. I think it has to do with the fact that the boot was recorded through a limiter of sorts which prevented mic distortion. the cell couldn't handle it! you can tell by the vid that the cell recording was taken right in front of jeff's amp.

And about the tone.....
Chris might have a warmer tone, especially since he might have a more legato touch (anybody would when compared to Jeff), but on the boot, Jeff's tone isn't as brittle as the cell recording protrays it to be. It was just a matter of cell phone mic distortion.

bulb

Reaction score
Both jeff and chris are phenomenal players. But it really just disturbs me at how clean Jeff is, especially in the moment on stage with the adrenaline and all, for me personally i find that ridiculous! I remember the godless arps too, fucking flawless! It was a welcome slap in the face and definitely a bar raiser that night!
As for the tone, there is a very simple reason chris's tone was better that night: Engl powerball. You just cant go wrong with one of those. And even though i dont like krank amps at all i have to say i was suprised with how good it sounded that night considering i couldnt coax a single decent sound out of one! But still the powerball was better haha!

Latest posts