LTD JH-600 CTM Heineken Stars Edition

• Thread starter Wiltonauer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marked Man

Reaction score
The new Hanneman is pretty great. Of course I tuned it to E flat right away and started dusting off Slayer riffs. I was pretty rusty, but the tone was there, through anything remotely resembling an 800. Along the way, I started playing a Ratt song I didn’t really know, quite by accident, and it sounded the way I always wish I sounded when I play hair metal. It occurred to me that the guitar actually sounds amazing, like there’s some kind of synergy between it and the EMGs where everything just falls into place. I called up a Deluxe Reverb, turned the bass down to 2, the treble to 7, maxed the gain, and played blues licks for an hour. It did not sound like a guitar with an 81/85 set. Then a classic rock jam. It sounded the way I wish my old Epi LP sounded.

What is going on?

BTW Jeff would not approve of you playing hair metal on a Hanneman guitar. :nono:

Save that for your Jacksons. Other than Slayer and the like, old school Priest, Maiden, Venom, Merciful Fate, etc, are required.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
BTW Jeff would not approve of you playing hair metal on a Hanneman guitar. :nono:

Save that for your Jacksons. Other than Slayer and the like, old school Priest, Maiden, Venom, Merciful Fate, etc, are required.

My Jacksons are all tuned to E standard.

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

My Jacksons are all tuned to E standard.

Would it make you feel better if I tuned my Dinky Professional down a half step and used it to play Ratt? It has Duncans and everything.