Marc Okubo now with Kiesel?

• Thread starter QuantumCybin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I'll never understand this forum's fixation with huge string gauges

I use a super thick pick (Huf), pick super hard, and have had no issues with using gauges like 56s for A-G or 74s for F#-Eb on my 27 inch 8 string

Ideally I'd rather the scale length be longer, but even then I'd likely use the same gauges if not move down a little to a 54 and 72

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

penguin_316

Reaction score
I used to torture myself in my old band, we both played in drop A with 0.70s on our baritones with 28” scale length. (20.94lbs tension and I’m pretty sure the rest of the strings had higher tension like 23+ lbs each)

I literally had to “work out” to be able to play the instrument when we first started going dual baritone.

It sounded fucking huge no doubt....I only wish for my hands sake and my ears, that we used much lighter gauges for such long sets. We had to go to great lengths to dial out mud with our gear and EQs, but it was all unnecessary. Just use lighter strings ffs...