Mayones introduces Djentlemen Series 7/8 Strings

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty epic if you ask me! The Regius is one of my all time favorite guitars :metal:

Djentleman Series:
http://www.ftp-mayones.pl/catalogue/2012/Mayones_Catalogue_2012_page_23.jpg

Full 2012 Mayones Catalogue:
30th Anniversary Catalogue online - Mayones Guitars & Basses - handmade in Poland since 1982

Congrats to Misha and PeteyG on the new Djently series! Congrats to Jochem, Bart and Acle as well! Lets face it, Mayones is onto somethin here.

Someone please post up that pic to the thread!

And if anyone wants to see my pics of my new Regius 8: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/191283-ngd-mayones-regius-8-custom-shop.html

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
They look nice, but are they associated with artists in any way? At least four of those are exact copies (or really close) of guitars Pete Graves and Misha ordered. Seems weird :scratch:

EDIT: Thought to zoom in on the picture, can't see much due to my crappy netbook's tiny screen. They ARE copies, maybe limited runs?

Also, I'm digging the faded blue jean, and Misha's blue burst 8.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the primary demographic interested in djent is going to be able to afford a Regius.

Some here and there will be, and hopefully others who have yet to take notice of the dare I say "genre" should still be intrigued by a very nice and beautiful instrument.

Handmade in Poland, Mayones produces their guitars in very limited quantities so the cost is definitely going to be up there. Totally worth it if you can afford one.

IronGoliath

Reaction score
Beautiful but so overpriced that I really think it isn't worth it when you can get a custom guitar for the same money and be even more satisfied. I don't think the market for guitars is going to be good with all of these overpriced silly instruments that don't cater directly to people.

But there needs to be product for the derps I suppose.

IB-studjent-

Reaction score
I think it's upper 3k? But that's just how I'd expect them to be priced after asking a lot of dealers for basically the same specs :lol:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I really cant disclose what I paid for my Regius 8 but retail is $5600. That's definitely not what anyone would pay though, its just retail. Actual cost is up to the dealer. Mayones is a boutique company and their guitars are definitely something special. Honestly, you cant find an 11 piece neck thru instrument with the attention to detail and with such high quality craftsmanship anywhere with a 3 month build time. Yeah Carvin is gonna have the same build time and be much less expensive but they dont do 11 piece necks, pickups of your choice, scale length options, luminlay side dots, chambered mahogany, binding and bridge options etc.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Sense o' humor... I got one. Git you one! Can't get butthurt every time someone makes a joke--especially when it comes to the ever controversial (on SS.org, anyway) djent. It's just not that serious...

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Some here and there will be, and hopefully others who have yet to take notice of the dare I say "genre" should still be intrigued by a very nice and beautiful instrument.

Handmade in Poland, Mayones produces their guitars in very limited quantities so the cost is definitely going to be up there. Totally worth it if you can afford one.

Don't really need to be a djent-head to play those... Those are just straight up nice looking (and presumably nice playing) instruments. :yesway:

I imagine there are some folks outside the djent community that still play extended range instruments that might be just as interested. However, the question of whether or not THEY will be able to afford these still stands... :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I don't know, Mayones shapes have never done anything for me. I'm not particularly excited. Although, I am wondering how the "Djent" name will go over with this, given the backlash on Lace when they named the Alumadjent.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't know, Mayones shapes have never done anything for me. I'm not particularly excited. Although, I am wondering how the "Djent" name will go over with this, given the backlash on Lace when they named the Alumadjent.

Are you wearing flame retardant clothing? :lol: :wub:

I don't think it will be that bad, honestly. As it stands, a lot of ERG players in the forefront do play what is known as "djent" so I feel like on the "mainstream" side of things it'll go just fine. And really if you're looking to turn a profit you have to market to the mainstream and hope those in the underground aren't elitist pricks and can see through the bullshit. If not, you're still maximizing your chances by marketing to the larger group. :shrug:

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score

The issue with lace was not that they were going to call it the Alumidjent, but the fact that they fucking laser engraved it in a huge font all the way across the pickup.