Mayones introduces Djentlemen Series 7/8 Strings

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The issue with lace was not that they were going to call it the Alumidjent, but the fact that they fucking laser engraved it in a huge font all the way across the pickup.

Ah, OK. Yeah, I guess I can see how that might irritate people. FWIW, I personally have no problem with the term Djent. But I know it rubs people the wrong way. If you want to get my blood pressure up, bring up the Kardashians.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groovemasta

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm missing the point but will these be cheaper than a fully custom guitar from them because otherwise that doesn't really make sense to me when, for the same price, you can have everything exactly how you want it.?

(they do look amazing though)

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
They're hot guitars... but I'm betting I'd have to sell my soul for one...

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Sense o' humor... I got one. Git you one! Can't get butthurt every time someone makes a joke--especially when it comes to the ever controversial (on SS.org, anyway) djent. It's just not that serious...
I knew you were being sarcastic.....:fawk:

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
warning"Obligatory Comment About How They're Too Expensive"warning

I'm 14 and have been listening to DeeeJent for the last week and have been wanting a mayones 8 string since monday, But they are so expensive it is almost unbuyable :(. does anyone know of a mayones style 8for under $150? That is all my mum will let me spend.

Also, how can I get a good djent tone from a marshall mgx 15watt amp?

Jamie

Rock 7/8
Reaction score
These are not overpriced. I don't have the scratch, but at least 3 of the guitars pictured were at the namm show, and were the best 7 and 8 strings I've ever seen. If I had the $, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The price is totally justified. These are works of artisan craftsmanship. I didn't know of the misha association at the time. I just went to every booth that offered 7 and 8. They made everything else at the show feel cheap.
P.S. Good Jazz boxes are pretty cheap at $6000. The best I ever played started at $15,000 to $30,000 with no extra stuff.

ibanez4lifesz

@TheGuitarRack
Reaction score
I actually own the Faded Blue denim 7 string that is posted on the Djent series...they used my guitar as the picture...it's not actually owned by Misha :lol: Custom shop guitar from NAMM 2012, and the pictures really do the top no justice. NGD coming soon!

Mayones is an AMAZING guitar brand...without a doubt, the best guitars I have played to date, and I have owned quite a few over the years. I agree with the tread starter....the attention to detail is, without a doubt, above all others.

They retail high, but can be had for very competitive prices if you shop around, ESPECIALLY considering the prices I see guys pay for customs around here. My local store is actually picking up distribution rights right now, so if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested in a Mayones, PM me, and I can do my best to get you a deal.

Along with the blue jean one, I also grabbed a custom shop 8 stringer from NAMM 2012....also mind playing in feel and playability.

I'm converted :hbang:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Idk about Mayo after hearing about some of their necks being screwed up despite being made out of 11 pieces of wood.

Usually the H8 stacks on fast after a couple dud reports on here.

Not like I'd ever have the scratch to buy one anyways, just saying.

MJS

Reaction score
Although, I am wondering how the "Djent" name will go over with this, given the backlash on Lace when they named the Alumadjent.

I doubt I'm the only one that thinks it's retarded. They're very nice guitars and have some cool artist's names attached to them... but I have a hard time taking a company seriously if their list of cheesy marketing gimmicks includes "djent."

It creates an image in my head of some exec in a suit pointing at pie charts while saying, "Our market research indicates that there are a lot of dumbasses getting all excited over a word they can't even agree on the meaning of. Let's show these young whippersnappers that we're not a bunch of squares and see if they'll think we're hip and buy our product if we slap that word on it." :D

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt I'm the only one that thinks it's retarded. They're very nice guitars and have some cool artist's names attached to them... but I have a hard time taking a company seriously if their list of cheesy marketing gimmicks includes "djent."

It creates an image in my head of some exec in a suit pointing at pie charts while saying, "Our market research indicates that there are a lot of dumbasses getting all excited over a word they can't even agree on the meaning of. Let's show these young whippersnappers that we're not a bunch of squares and see if they'll think we're hip and buy our product if we slap that word on it." :D

Mayones is owned by two brothers in their twenties. Very nice guys who are of the generation as the guys they are endorsing. Makes it more legit.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
P.S. Good Jazz boxes are pretty cheap at $6000. The best I ever played started at $15,000 to $30,000 with no extra stuff.

If you are paying 15,000$ for a guitar with nothing extra, you are out of your mind. At 6000$ you can get just about anything, perhaps you can get an exception like Greenfield where they are doing the Fanned fret acoustics by 30000$ is just ridiculous.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
If you are paying 15,000$ for a guitar with nothing extra, you are out of your mind. At 6000$ you can get just about anything, perhaps you can get an exception like Greenfield where they are doing the Fanned fret acoustics by 30000$ is just ridiculous.

Maybe (and I agree with you) but there are loads of dudes paying that for archtops and acoustics. $30K isn't even the most expensive. Interestingly, jazz guys aren't exactly known for pulling down the big coin, so they must really like those things.

Back on topic, what do those Mayones 8s sell for, street, anyway?

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
What the balls man, they already had every chugging fanboy in the Northern Hemisphere ready to leverage his one of his parent's paychecks into one of those beasts, but did they need to smear our faces in that fact?

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I do really like the look of the blueburst 8, Misha's got a great eye for color, regardless of how much input he did or didn't have on it.
And I'd probably be way more interested in the Bart and Jochem 7s if they were more like their actual guitars. I think the biggest difference would just be the rad as fuck inlay.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Their description of djent is fucking retarded. You can say the same thing about any sub-genre of metal and have it be perfectly accurate.

Mazzy

Banned
Reaction score
The amount of work and craftsmanship that goes into a jazz guitar is a different world than what goes into a metal/rock oriented guitar.

... and not to mention you must have the pickiest hands in the world, because many professionals spend much less than the 'lowend' 6k you're suggesting.