Mercuriall is at it again - TRIAXIS

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bjjman

Reaction score
Been getting back into plugins. Having to fight between getting this or the ML Mark 5. :lol:
I've not tried the Amped Mk 5 so can't compare. Reaxis is definitely worth trying but they the exact interface from the hardware unit and it is less than intuitive. I'd recommend downloading the Triaxis manual and using that to help you come to grips with Reaxis. Once you're used to it, it's quite straightforward.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've not tried the Amped Mk 5 so can't compare. Reaxis is definitely worth trying but they the exact interface from the hardware unit and it is less than intuitive. I'd recommend downloading the Triaxis manual and using that to help you come to grips with Reaxis. Once you're used to it, it's quite straightforward.

I'm pretty familiar with the Mark series and the TriAxis so I think I can get a feel for both. I'm gonna have to demo them when I can.

MrWulf

Reaction score
I'd not recommend the ML5. It doesnt dial like a Mark for starter. It just has that dry, middy sounds that imitated a Mark but not actually a Mark. The TriAxis is not perfect but it does dial like a Mark and pair it with an EQ pedal plugin between it and IR and you can have a lot of versatility.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'd suggest checking out the Demo versions of both products =)

Alsooo... Damn, can't spoil it just yet :deathm:

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/new-mercuriall-ampbox-vst-suite.349819/

I'm guessing this was it? :lol:

I'd not recommend the ML5. It doesnt dial like a Mark for starter. It just has that dry, middy sounds that imitated a Mark but not actually a Mark. The TriAxis is not perfect but it does dial like a Mark and pair it with an EQ pedal plugin between it and IR and you can have a lot of versatility.

yeah I tried a demo of the ML5 and wasn't impressed. The ReAxis demo sounded muuuuch more in line with what I wanted.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score

This has been my experience also. I am still kinda disappointed that I actually bought it.

It's not terrible for a 6 string sound, maybe even a 7. I got some half decent tones for stuff like Dream Theater's Images and Words. But whenever I plug in my 8 string (with Fluence Moderns), the lower notes sound like cardboard. Trying to play Awaken the Master on it is not a great experience. There's just a lack of depth to it that I don't get with other amp sims. I'm better off trying to get as close as I can with other amps/sims in most cases.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
This has been my experience also. I am still kinda disappointed that I actually bought it.

It's not terrible for a 6 string sound, maybe even a 7. I got some half decent tones for stuff like Dream Theater's Images and Words. But whenever I plug in my 8 string (with Fluence Moderns), the lower notes sound like cardboard. Trying to play Awaken the Master on it is not a great experience. There's just a lack of depth to it that I don't get with other amp sims. I'm better off trying to get as close as I can with other amps/sims in most cases.

Yep sounds about what I experienced. Didn't really sound as good as the ReAxis, or even the Helix Mk4 or Axe FX Mark-series amps to me.

I'm curious if it's just not an accurate enough plugin, or if that's just the inherent tone of the Mark 5? I will admit I never tried a Mark 5 so I c an't say.

MrWulf

Reaction score
NGL i regret buying ML Sound Lab's amp sims very much. I bought the Uberschall and Mark 5 emu and it was literally money down the drain

MrWulf

Reaction score
NGL i regret buying ML Sound Lab's amp sims very much. I bought the Uberschall and Mark 5 emu and it was literally money down the drain

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Seriously guys, I can’t say this enough.

Mercuriall sims fuckin rule, and this is coming from a guy that owns all their sims, a bunch of Kazrog shit including their newest one, and all the NDSP shit.

Mercuriall is tiers above.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Welp. :lol: I'm guessing Mercuriall's bogner sim is better too.

Seriously guys, I can’t say this enough.

Mercuriall sims fuckin rule, and this is coming from a guy that owns all their sims, a bunch of Kazrog shit including their newest one, and all the NDSP shit.

Mercuriall is tiers above.

I'm glad they got amps to cover different bases. The SS11X and Bogner plugins for thicc sounds, the E530 for more modern tight shit, a Marshall plugin, and a TriAxis plugin to do pretty much it all.

MrWulf

Reaction score
The amazing about Spark is that if i actually feed it a TS9/808 emu in front and play downtuned guitar i'd get a very close sound to the Nameless.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Welp. :lol: I'm guessing Mercuriall's bogner sim is better too.

I'm glad they got amps to cover different bases. The SS11X and Bogner plugins for thicc sounds, the E530 for more modern tight shit, a Marshall plugin, and a TriAxis plugin to do pretty much it all.

Said it before and I’ll say it again; don’t sleep on that chorus pedal. It’ll thicken it up and make that playing solo into headphones a religious experience.

NazVonGates

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The oversampling is the best feature compared to other sims. Everyone who makes vsts should be adding this. For saturation plugins it just makes everything so good. :agreed:

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
They got shot up but they got up and they're back at it again....

DUAL REC REV G!

Mercuriall Ampbox free modules list​

• NEW! Max Morton IRs
    Exclusive set of IRs for perfect tone.
  • Tuner
    Studio-grade tuner with Dim and Mute features.
  • Noise gate
    Highly adjustable studio-grade guitar noise gate.
  • Graphic EQ
    9-band Graphic EQ to sculpt your initial tone.
  • Wah 535Q
    Classic Wah based on Dunlop® CryBaby® 535Q.
  • Overdrive: TS 808
    Classic overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808.
  • Overdrive: Greed Smasher
    Modern overdrive based on MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer.
  • Overdrive: SD-1
    Classic overdrive based on Boss® Super Overdrive.
  • Metal Area and DS-1
    Based on Boss® Metal Zone MT-2™ and Boss® DS-1.
  • Poweramp
    EL34B tube poweramp with multiple additional features.
  • Cabinet
    Multi-mic 2D cab based on Redwirez© IRs.
  • Parametric EQ
    8-band studio-grade Parametric EQ for finalizing your tone.
  • Chorus
    Stereo-chorus for spicing up things.
  • Delay
    Highly adjustable delay from subtle to over the top.
  • Reverb
    Simple, but powerful reverb to add the feeling of space.