Metal Artists Who Tune to B / Bb

• Thread starter hamoftruth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrsher

\m/-_-\m/
Reaction score
Most of Reroute is in C with a couple drop A#. That's pretty much all they tune to for a long time.
i was only recalling trying to learn some of the album and i was playing B standard back when that album came out. makes sense though that it was drop Bb. i was close then :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mastapimp

Reaction score
Jeff Loomis solo material - Bb 7s
Revocation - Bb 7s from their self-titled up to their most recent
Type O Negative - B 6s

Abominorg the Grotesque

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A lot of Sepultura's stuff from Roots onward is in Bb.
Electric Wizard's Dopethrone is Bb, pretty sure the albums after that were all in B standard.
As far as I know Cryptopsy's stuff is all in B standard.
Static-X used Bb standard on Cannibal and Cult of Static.

For some reason B standard strikes me as the most brutal sounding overall tuning, while Bb sounds particularly "cyber" or "futuristic" compared to other tunings.

penguin_316

Reaction score
The Contortionist is now using Bb standard I think for the past few albums...if I'm remembering right.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Contortionist? Stuff from language and clairvoyant, they play relapse in B standard, language a half step down, probably many others.

Rob Joyner

Reaction score
Th first 2 Mnemic albums are in B standard.
Darkane uses B standard.
Divine Heresy has a lot of B standard songs.

GAMMOTH

Death Metal Brazil
Reaction score
STRAPPING YOUNG LAD: Devin Townsend's awkward Open C tuning that gives his songs some interesting differentiation from other bands.
UNLEASHED: Oooowww the Swedish Death Metal from early 90's that knew how to explore the B tuned so good...
GAMMOTH: :banana: 6-string baritone guitar tuned to B, but as if it was a 7-string without the 1st string, i.e., the 2nd string that would be F# is actually G. Well, I know... no one cares :lol:

DSBzwo

S-Series GASer
Reaction score
I dunno about the newer stuff, but all the old Unearth albums were played on a B standard tuned 7.

Also i'm pretty sure the very first All That Remains album was recorded in some kind of B tuning before they switched to D-Standard for This Darkened Heart.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Alterbeast
Through the Eyes of the Dead
Cognizance (sometimes, I think)