Metalheads SDX out

• Thread starter Xifter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xifter

Reaction score
Toontracks November Metal Month began today: This weeks release was the MetalHeads SDX found here - http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=84

Copied from the site here is the description

Metalheads EZX®

One world-renowned drummer, Tomas Haake, member of the extreme metal band Meshuggah.

One in demand producer, Daniel Bergstrand, whose mixing and producing credits include the likes of In Flames, Strapping Young Lad, Soilwork and Meshuggah, just to name a few.

Two Incredible drum sets, assembled and recorded to metal perfection, ready to bring your metal productions to the next level. And, for the first time in Toontrack history, we’ve included Separate mix channels in the EZdrummer mixer, containing kick and snare drum samples designed by Daniel Bergstrand, that augment these already amazingly recorded drums.

Twelve classic Meshuggah songs, captured flawlessly via MIDI by Tomas Haake himself, organized both as full songs as well as song parts so you can customize, dissect and use his grooves and drumming brilliance to inspire or create your next grand metal composition.

This is the next step in the evolution of Metal drum production tools.

The demo´s are all remixed using the Metalheads EZX.

What are your thoughts on the clips posted there?

:hbang: or :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
Twelve classic Meshuggah songs, captured flawlessly via MIDI by Tomas Haake himself, organized both as full songs as well as song parts so you can customize, dissect and use his grooves and drumming brilliance to inspire or create your next grand metal composition.
HAHAHAHA Oh my god, we're just asking people to try even harder to be meshuggah.

Xifter

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA Oh my god, we're just asking people to try even harder to be meshuggah.
I thought the same thing.

Are the two kits the same kits from metal foundry just in EZdrummer format? The T. H . kit I know is in the metal foundry...

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Just curious, but if you already have Superior 2.0 can you use these kits in Superior? I'm probably better off just getting the Metal Foundry Expansion if I want some more kits right?

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
This is Metal Foundry for people without Superior Drummer 2.0
I think it's a good budget option, guys! Give em some slack!

Krucifixtion, You're better off with Metal Foundry, yes

The Honorable

Reaction score
This is Metal Foundry for people without Superior Drummer 2.0
I think it's a good budget option, guys! Give em some slack!

Krucifixtion, You're better off with Metal Foundry, yes

Ohhh ok right on then. I just got SD2! So I'm new to this. I think I'm gonna get Metal Foundry next.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Not quite sure how it's *that* different from Drumkit From Hell, and with S2.0 being pretty cheap as it is, I'm glad I've got that. Still, I'm guessing some people will get some great sounds with it. Just not MF great.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Sounds like those are premixed, while S2.0 samples aren't. Would likely be useful for someone not willing to spend more time setting up the drums than doing anything else on the song.

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
I've given up with Metal Foundry, and to be honest I'm kind of feeling weakened by Toontrack in general. Maybe I should try Addictive, or BFD.. or SSD?

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Just curious, but if you already have Superior 2.0 can you use these kits in Superior? I'm probably better off just getting the Metal Foundry Expansion if I want some more kits right?

I think you have to have EZDrummer as well, but, when you do you can open these kits in S2.0.

Acme

Reaction score
I've given up with Metal Foundry, and to be honest I'm kind of feeling weakened by Toontrack in general. Maybe I should try Addictive, or BFD.. or SSD?

You must be from another planet. SSD is great but the Metal Foundry - NY Avatar combo is far more realistic and usable in my opinion. Moving from SD to Addictive Drums would be absolutely ridiculous, they're not even on the same page and BFD is very plastic too. But if you want to make a more industrial type of way, go for them.

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
To be honest though, I've heard polar opposite opinions. I guess people just like whatever it is they use. I haven't got round to using NY studios, but I hear it's maybe the best thing Toontrack have available right now.

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
everything toontracks puts out is the best thing available....... you're welcome.

btnation

Reaction score
Just an FYI.....MetalHeads sounds very different from MF & DFH due to being Mixed by Daniel Bergstrand at Dug Out Studios...Plus MetalHeads has custom Kick & Snare triggers from Daniel Bergstrand in addition to the Kick & Snare samples. (which Toontrack has never done before) This is a huge plus for Superior users who can X-drum the Triggers into MF or any SDX kit.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
I think you have to have EZDrummer as well, but, when you do you can open these kits in S2.0.

I looked on the site and it says you either need EZDrummer or Superior 2.1, but for like $60 more I am just gonna wait and get Metal Foundry cause it offers way way more and from the clips I've heard sounds a lot nicer than this Metalheads program, but this wouldn't be too bad if your on a budget. I picked up Superior for $149 though.